PDA

View Full Version : thirty things ...

void()
Dec 17, 2011, 1:48 PM
Thirty things ... (http://www.marcandangel.com/2011/12/11/30-things-to-stop-doing-to-yourself/)

**Peg**
Dec 17, 2011, 2:42 PM
amen ...

pepperjack
Dec 17, 2011, 5:48 PM
Thirty things ... (http://www.marcandangel.com/2011/12/11/30-things-to-stop-doing-to-yourself/)

Thanx, Void! Previewed this; looks very insightful.:)

Realist
Dec 17, 2011, 7:57 PM
Oh, how much simpler my life would have been if I'd had those guidelines...and followed them, a hundred years ago!

elian
Dec 17, 2011, 8:42 PM
Neat honey, very poignant advice. :)

jem_is_bi
Dec 17, 2011, 11:17 PM
Thirty? I do not multi-task well at all.
With great restrain, I will look at the list again, an see if effort into one or a few of those would benefit to me such that I would create an additional objective in my to-do list. While, I like the goals, I doubt, I will re-allocate my efforts significantly or change anything at all.

void()
Dec 17, 2011, 11:52 PM
Glad the shared reading was enjoyed. Come across mention of other reading I need to pick up later. That one was for a graphic novel, not one I thought appropriate to share. It is a dystopia piece is all I will share.

One of the things I must do, stop reading dystopia works. None end well. They also trigger a lot of anxiety. Of course if written well, they are highly seductive. Especially had a craving for Poisonville in Red Harvest for the longest while. It was nearly a Shakespearian adaptation of Seven Samurai. yet fraught with gritty Noir.

1984 was delicious in comparison with Brave New World. Huxley lacked transition in his writing and this jarred me from the story. And then as if the butterfly of chaos knew, Frank Miller created Sin City, which fed a dystopia reading fan the crack he so needed.

Then V for Vendetta opened as a movie. It is also a comic book or graphic novel. Not read that just as a matter of not having gotten to it. Now, we seem waiting, bated breath holding fast in our chests. On the night's wings the voiceless whisper the wisps of revolution. Life mirroring art or the other way around?

Apologies, I got into punching the keys.

lizard-lix
Dec 18, 2011, 8:54 AM
Thanks Void, good stuff! (now to just pay attention and stop doing those things!)