PDA

View Full Version : The Immortal question....

TaylorMade
Oct 25, 2011, 9:42 PM
It's Halloween in about 6 days, so I figure, it's time for a poll.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMZwZiU0kKs

What's your zombie killing weapon of choice? I mean, America's CDC is discussing it. (http://www.bt.cdc.gov/socialmedia/zombies_blog.asp)

*Taylor*

Jobelorocks
Oct 25, 2011, 9:50 PM
I did blades, but only because axe wasn't an option. Axes are pretty sturdy and they don't run out of ammo. Although having guns is very helpful, they do run out of ammo eventually and it isn't that easy to obtain more in a Zombie Apocalypse.

DuckiesDarling
Oct 25, 2011, 10:34 PM
Well.........my personal choice "Flames" wasn't there so I voted for blades. Chop them up and burn them later :)

Annika L
Oct 25, 2011, 11:10 PM
Ok, lemme say...first, KUDOS to you Taylor, for posting a Hallowe'en themed thread!

Second, I do not own a gun of any kind, nor wish to. I would be extremely loathe to use one on anybody...of the weapon choices you give, it is the one I would find hardest to use on a human.

BUT, these are zombies we're talking about, dammit!! I don't want them even getting close! And you know how they lurch back a step or two in a very satisfying way after being shot.

I totally agree with DD about flames. AND a flamethrower is just more fun! :tong:

I agree *in principle* with Jo about the ammo issue...but:
(a) in any zombie-type game I've ever played and any zombie movie I've ever seen (granted, the number of either for me is fairly small), there always seems to be plenty of ammo hanging about if you keep your eyes open; and

(b) when you're out of ammo, a rifle or shotgun makes a pretty damned good club if you're really in a pinch! (comparatively, flame-throwers make pretty bad bludgeoning weapons...plenty heavy...but too much of a good thing in that regard)

Chemo29
Oct 25, 2011, 11:39 PM
These are my weapons of choice when it comes to Zombies, but I don't use them on the Zombies! ;)

BTW you can get them at www.fleshlight.com/freaks/

P.S. I don't own them but would like to try. :rolleyes:

Diva667
Oct 26, 2011, 12:38 AM
I'd like a flamethrower , please

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h277/thecrazydoug/its-a-flammenwerfer-it-werfs-flammen.jpg

IanBorthwick
Oct 26, 2011, 3:44 AM
Zombies and killing them are my favorite thing.

For starters, blunt items are for Skeletal Undead, not fleshy things as they are VERY resilient when they are covered in meat. It's like pounding a side of beef with a giant tenderizer, useless. Depending on the Zombie type, you need a quick kill and only a fire arm is going to deliver.

Dual Semi Auto sidearms so you can switch without having to change magazines are a primary weapon. For mucho kaboom you need to keep sawed off shotguns draped over your back, a pair at least and two bandoliers of shells. If you can get it, and I do recommend in a zombie apocolypse you visit the nearest Police or Deputy station and grab a Drum Cylinder Shotgun. THink shotgun, no 15lb pump action, LOADS of shots without having to jam shells into the breach.

For back up weapons, something sharp and light o you can swing it a lot and effectively. Hard to find real Katana these days, but if you can get one and it's made of folded steel, you'll carve them up like turkeys. Axes are ill-suited to taking down even slow Zombies because your arm will get tired and they have about a 3-4 inch area of effectiveness.

http://www.spike.com/articles/kl83j9/deadliest-warrior-the-ultimate-deadliest-warrior-matchup

That vid shows some things about one type of Zombie that is popular in our culture and addressing the threat.

For a finale, the fact that you WILL one day be backed into a corner if Zombies exist and end up in the local mall with a lot of soon to be dead people. How do you not join them? Simple. Instead of letting the alcoholics drink the place dry, you get on the roof with anything proof enough to be combustible and rain hell on the moaning, shuffling, stupid crowd and watch them go up like marshmallows on a 2 year's old stick at camp.

http://www.spike.com/video-clips/lfm1od/deadliest-warrior-the-aftermath-yakuza-vs-mafia

Somewhere in that video is a bit on how hot and deadly a Molotov cocktail really can be, and they even show the deadliness of the Katana.

Anyway, after a steady diet of horror films and Zombie Video Games, as well as books on the subject, this is something I've thought about a lot! :D

chapear
Oct 26, 2011, 4:05 AM
Guns/bullets and blades

void()
Oct 26, 2011, 6:35 AM
I'd like a flamethrower , please

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h277/thecrazydoug/its-a-flammenwerfer-it-werfs-flammen.jpg

Ja Ja Skol! Woot Woot!! "Break out das Napalm Kool Aid! Ja Ja!"

Und Ve Dropsy Deese on Dem:

http://images.sodahead.com/polls/000219534/polls_16_Ton_Weight_MP_classic_4214_673887_answer_ 2_xlarge.jpeg

Chromehorn
Oct 26, 2011, 7:52 AM
My first choice would for killing off zombies would be the meat loaf I made last night. I'd have a gun handy to mercifully finish them off.

Since we're on the zombie subject. What is the preoccupation with zombies anyway? They're quite ill mannered, not conversational, and very narrow minded regarding cuisine.

darkeyes
Oct 26, 2011, 8:21 AM
Drove through Currie last nite just as the boozers wer pourin' out at closin' time.. quite a few zombies there.. 2 of em almost ended up as mascots on me car bonnet! Car pretty effective at dealin wiv zombies... scary as hell tho..:eek:

axlton
Oct 26, 2011, 8:30 AM
For me it would be guns all the way. Something with a lot of stopping power and a nice splatter effect. The two that I'd place at the front of my arsenal would be a .12 gauge shotgun and a .50 caliber pistol. Both have the added advantage of becoming a heavy club (.12 gauge) or heavy bludgeon (.50 caliber pistol).

I dislike the idea of using flame thrower, although aesthetically pleasing they would not be practical in this situation. Anyone (zombies included) has a tendency to panic when set on fire. While it may be funny to watch from afar, it won't be so funny to have flaming zombie bouncing off the walls (and quite possibly bouncing off of you) at high speed. :eek:

This does however bring to mind another important point. If ever you set yourself on fire, be it by accident or design, DO NOT and I repeat DO NOT[!!!] under any circumstances look in the mirror. That's when the real panic sets in. :yikes2:

Realist
Oct 26, 2011, 8:46 AM
I would ensure that my ex-wife was with me.

She could nag anyone into oblivion...even a Zombie!

No other weapons would be necessary!

DrBimind
Oct 26, 2011, 8:51 AM
The US military has a new weapon I desperately want... a 12 gauge, fully automatic with 100 round drum clip...and the ammo of choice would be their shrapnel grenade round which has little stabilizer wings that pop out as it exits the barrel and will completely obliterate a 20x20 room with shrapnel. :eek: I got a vid somewhere and will try to post it later. Very effective...and of course some 9 mils for back up...me SKS with the Hellfire conversion would be handy as well...:bigrin:

silberwolf1960
Oct 26, 2011, 1:14 PM
I put guns as I have a few. But if ammo is running low I have my bow and my sword and a war hammer with helmet spike on one side of the head and a hammer head. It has a decent handle to keep them away fro
me

keladry
Oct 26, 2011, 3:19 PM
Some math on the zombie issue...

http://mysite.science.uottawa.ca/rsmith43/Zombies.pdf

...leads me to say, we nuke the affected area.

Annika L
Oct 26, 2011, 6:49 PM
What is the preoccupation with zombies anyway? They're quite ill mannered, not conversational, and very narrow minded regarding cuisine.

...and you need to ask the question?? ;)

Gearbox
Oct 26, 2011, 9:38 PM
Shotgun for close range, with back up Uzi's and sniper rifles for those rooftop moments.;)

TaylorMade
Oct 26, 2011, 10:04 PM
My first choice would for killing off zombies would be the meat loaf I made last night. I'd have a gun handy to mercifully finish them off.

Since we're on the zombie subject. What is the preoccupation with zombies anyway? They're quite ill mannered, not conversational, and very narrow minded regarding cuisine.

Zombies make GREAT metaphors. :) And I'll make sure to pack tactical meatloaf. My personal choices? Rifle and machete. :)

*Taylor*

Twoforyou
Oct 26, 2011, 10:29 PM
Personally. I never met a zombie I wasn't working for. But I've seen
" Zombieland " , and I'm going for banjos.

RobUK
Oct 27, 2011, 10:19 AM
What? No chainsaw option? :(

keefer201
Oct 27, 2011, 11:01 AM
I am one to believe that a zombie, or any living dead creature, needs thier sinus' cleaned out with a blast from a 12 gauge shotgun. Jobelorocks brings up a good point on the ammo issue, but the groceries to make your own shells will be easily found during this soon to be realized event. I have to admit though; smashing a few of them on the head with a battle axe is a really cool idea too. I'll let you know how it goes on Monday evening as I'm sure I'll find more than a few of the undead walking around my porch.

lizard-lix
Oct 28, 2011, 3:12 PM
I vote with the flamethrower folks..

Seen on a T-Shirt: Zombies Eat Brains, You're Safe

chook
Oct 28, 2011, 5:23 PM
My weapon would be the greazy slut that lives nextdoor to me....she would make Medusa shit herself, so I'd hate to see a zombie even try and stand up to her.

Cheers Chook :bigrin:

lost1
Oct 28, 2011, 6:38 PM
Long handled spade shovel. Smashes, and can cut n dice

Diva667
Oct 28, 2011, 10:14 PM
http://www.posters.ws/images/425257/army_of_darkness_arms_in_air.jpg

Klaatu Barada N... Necktie... Neckturn... Nickel... It's an "N" word, it's definitely an "N" word! Klaatu... Barada... N...
[coughs]

jem_is_bi
Oct 28, 2011, 11:47 PM
I would ensure that my ex-wife was with me.

She could nag anyone into oblivion...even a Zombie!

No other weapons would be necessary!

I never was married. But, the woman I have in mind would kill them 2X times as fast as your wife. Not a nag, just non-stop trivia conversation that not even a Zombie can tolerate for more than a few seconds.

cumplay
Oct 30, 2011, 2:49 AM
Sling blade, uh huh! Rifle, shotgun all good weapons of choice.

roy m cox
Oct 30, 2011, 5:34 AM
give me a S&W Government 500 and a looot od bullets and a good sword :)

and remember what Conan's father sezz http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PE1tyh6ediQ&feature=BFa&list=PLBDE619658245E03E&lf=results_main :bigrin:

darkeyes
Oct 30, 2011, 5:34 AM
Afta the fun n games of last nite's lil witchie shindig.. don need owt 2 deal wiv zombies... not this 1 ne ways.. s'ok..will come quietly.. don give a bugga wotcha do long as ya do it quietly an not 2 ruffly..:(

..even fact the clocks went back has NOT helped....