PDA

View Full Version : UK Passports:Mummy 1 and Mummy 2

darkeyes
Oct 14, 2011, 6:09 AM
I believe last year the US passport began to recognise the change in parental status to take cater for those children who have two parents of the same gender.. earlier this month the British passport office announced that UK passports will shortly do the same.. and not before time either..

It is particularly relevant to my family since my daughter's passport expires in the New Year and at present only has my partner designated as her parent (Mother)... since I adopted her several years ago this change will eliminate any burocratic nonsense and difficulties on occasions when she and I travel by air or abroad by other means without her natural mother, or who knows, in other ways when we might be out of the country and on our own together and have occasion to need documentation to prove our relationship..

..it doesn't help much with Kate's younger child since her father is still in her life, on her passport and still has parental rights which is good and proper.. technically I have no status except as Kate's legal partner, but there are other ways around such problems and the fact that her ex hubbie and I are kinda m8ey these days helps a lot..:)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-15150526

Long Duck Dong
Oct 14, 2011, 7:03 AM
thats the thing.... people think we have won the fight with the right to same gender marriage.... but there is so much more that needs to be changed......
and they become the forgotten battles, cos people tend to think that they will not travel, so its not really a issue that needs to be fought for

its the battles that we do not fight, that come back to bite us in the ass