PDA

View Full Version : 10 years ago

llllllllll
Oct 12, 2011, 12:07 AM
10 years ago we still had Steve Jobs,Johnny Cash and Bob Hope....Today we have no jobs,no cash and no hope

Realist
Oct 12, 2011, 9:56 AM
This is the first time, in my memory, that the whole world (with maybe the exception of Switzerland) is in the same boat. There's a lot more going on, here, than meets the eye. And the situation is a long way from being over with, before it gets even worse.

Hephaestion
Oct 12, 2011, 10:27 AM
Joke spotted. For me there used to be 'stlong elections befole bleakfast'

However, there is a serious point that Realist has made reference to.

From this perspective, it looks as though the idea of permanent economic espansion in the West has suffered a mortal wounding.

In turn, the Chinese have now discovered worker unrest as the workforce has relised that there is a piece of pie that they are entitled to. Unionising is strictly forbidden and activists are being persecuted.

Bad for the Chinese government, good for the West as the West has long complained that the Chinese are keeping their currency undervalued. Therefore, the price of their goods is less than it should be and so undermines a free market.

How ironic.

jackbirdjay
Oct 12, 2011, 6:10 PM
our leaders suck thats the bottom line. They sold out the usa for there rich asshole gains thats the bottom line. Everyone in office now should be voted out next time

void()
Oct 12, 2011, 6:37 PM
In most states in the U.S. we have what is called 'work at will' labor. It means an employee may leave the work for any reason or none. The employers are allowed the same benefit, as well as using 'work at will' to keep unions out of labor. This is difficult for me to swallow. My grandfather worked twenty eight years in Youngstown Ohio, which was once known as Steel-town, USA, along with other cities in the tri-state area.

And Steel-town was the world's steel capital. My grandfather was USW United Steel Workers, Teamster, a union man heart and soul. Now, there are no unions and steel-town is a ghost town, Russia sells better steel back to us and cheaper. We sold them know how to do it. My other grandfather served in WWII came home to work poultry hatcheries, and a third by marriage worked a forty acre farm that belong to his father and his father's father, until he could no longer work it due to stroke and death.

These men were not geniuses by any means. They also were not morons who lived in destitute abandon. No, they showed us kids by example that life requires you work hard and be frugal. Rewards came for working hard, until they stopped coming, until they needed more wars, more disposable goods. And then suddenly, "you need to be educated to work", "the market is global and free". It sure was not a fair market.

"fuck the bozos!"

mnTIMIDguy
Oct 12, 2011, 8:33 PM
Aww, 10 years ago next month was the first time I touched another guys's cock. I thought that's what this thread was going to be about.:(

DuckiesDarling
Oct 12, 2011, 10:40 PM
Very nice play on the names, Bar, and apropos as well for many people in the world today.