PDA

View Full Version : Bisexuals make the best friends

hypershot
Jun 6, 2005, 12:14 PM
Hey guys just a quick post bout what ur views are.

It has come to my knowledge that Bi-sexuals and gay/lesbian people make the best friends, more than straight (a hell of a lot more). Does everyone feel the same or is it just me?

Reply with your thoughts,

Thanks,

Love Chris

xXx

DeafF2M
Jun 6, 2005, 1:16 PM
I would certainly agree... I like being around open-minded individuals. Others who are judgemental of me can take a hike. LOL

Seriously, while I've met my share of narrow-minded gays, lesbians and bisexuals, I've still found them, as a whole to be better friends, than my straight counterparts. Most straight folks I know don't share a lot of my interests, or my viewpoints on life.

Here's to good friendships. :bibounce:

bidalake
Jun 6, 2005, 5:03 PM
That is so true it seem as though we are more open to talk with a open mind willing to listen instead of always tring to ba heard.

katie
Jun 6, 2005, 7:54 PM
If we are talking about platonic friendships...I have to say I have two really close friends.....one is a lesbian and the other is a straight man....I can be completely open with both of them and they are accepting of who I am...lovers tend to be bi or very accepting that I am......my many other friends come in all sizes, ages, colours and flavours...lol.....and many of them I wouldn't talk about sex with ....in any form....but can share other experiences and interests......I figure there is a lot more to me than my sexuality.......and friends bring different things to my life.......I just like to meet people where they are and be open to what we have to share...which may or may not include talks of sexuality

:compuser:Katie

bigfella
Jun 7, 2005, 3:29 PM
That is so true it seem as though we are more open to talk with a open mind willing to listen instead of always tring to ba heard.

This is so true, I dont have any Bi/Gay friends but when i talk to people online who are, i feel so much happier being able to just be more open-minded, since i live in a small town where the people are about as open minded about sexuality as Freddy Kruger is Friendly!

gayle
Jun 7, 2005, 10:56 PM
I wonder: Do I make a lousy friend because I'm straight? Am I anything less than open minded and willing to accept people as they are? I have a bi bf. I've accepted him. Over time, I'm befriending others at this site who are bi. So I have to wonder once again: Do I make a lousy friend because I'm straight?
People can be bigoted whether they are gay, lesbian, straight, bi or whatever. It's equally possible for a black person to be racist as for a white person. It seems a shame to me that we can't accept other people as being what they are: people. Why must our acceptance or rejection be based on sexuality, race, religion, height/weight, outward appearance or political persuasion? Perhaps I am too idealistic, but it seems life would be much simpler if we just viewed people as people. :2cents:

bigfella
Jun 8, 2005, 7:01 AM
You're right Gayle, thats how it should be but it isnt always like that unfortunatley, there are people who are willing to embrace this with a very open view of things, but these people are often few and far between.

softfruit
Jun 8, 2005, 10:35 AM
I understand hypershot's original point - being around other bis or other LGBT people can be very uplifting and liberating, especially when you're in the process of coming out and it is so much easier to be around people who are in the same emotional & mental place or have been there. Not having to pause to defend that you are "bi enough", that "bi is real", or explain how you can still be bi and be celibate or monogamous, can be such a boost -- even for people like me who came out way back in the 80's!

But such experiences shouldn't let us dismiss the value as friends of people like Gayle here, or indeed gloss over the fact that LGBT people can be awful or exhibit prejudice against others in the LGBT rainbow -- just ask trans women about the variety of receptions they get in the lesbian community! And one of the people who does the most for the bi community in the UK is straight - they are just totally sorted about bisexuality, have a lot of bi friends, and want to put back into the community that has helped them to meet so many cool people.

Straight, gay or bi we can all choose to be as friendly, caring, accepting or otherwise as we want.

hypershot
Jun 8, 2005, 10:57 AM
Heh, you all make great points. Straight girls i have found to be more accepting than straight guys. Yes all people can be nasty or nice depending on that person. But because of different sexual backgrounds and experiences, those the community classes as different seem to get along better; and those that the community classes as the norm get along better also, when you try and mix the two then thats when conflict starts.

True, Gayle, the world would be a lot better if everyone was accepted as just being human, but sadly people have too many reservations and are simply not ready to accept everyone as being the same. Maybe if that day ever comes we will be a peaceful planet, instead of one that wages war on its fellow kinsmen.

yellowdog
Jun 8, 2005, 11:09 AM
Hi i would like to meet some bi friends. this is new fore me.

hypershot
Jun 8, 2005, 11:35 AM
Well you can meet the best of Bis in here. Go to the chat or brose the members lists, or even just msg any one of us.

bigregory
Jun 8, 2005, 10:23 PM
i think i have more bi/gay friends. i think its cuz of all thr st8 jokes we cum up with . live love laugh :)

Mayalaen
Jun 8, 2005, 11:53 PM
Ooh... we need a new thread for straight jokes! I've gotten so sick of hearing gay jokes from people who really mean it and pretending to think it's funny :rolleyes:

likeit
Jun 10, 2005, 9:43 AM
Well u got a point there hyper, BUT within the gay community i find a different kind of predjudism, as they are laughing at us, kinda "cant make up ur mind folks". I have so many times been told that i am bi because i dont fully aksept beeing lesbian. What a screwed up idea, i am bi....thats it...have been for years.....how else could i get turned on by a man. Well ...its not easy when we live in a society that seems to need so much to sort us all in boxes.....But bi people are the most generous openminded people i`ve ever met. :female: kisses!!!

hypershot
Jun 10, 2005, 5:52 PM
awwwwwwhh lol!

I know what you mean, the many times i've been called gay (and no offence to those that are), and I take offence from that. I like guys too much to be straight, but I like girls too much to be gay. Another thing is: my mate is gay and because ppl find out that we both go that way, they instantly think we've been together! I mean what with that??!! I've known him too long to have a romantic connection with him and to tell the truth he drives me spare sometimes! But the thing is, it's not just straight people that do it, but bi and gay/les ppl too!

bigregory
Jun 10, 2005, 11:04 PM
OK we can close this post now.
its a fact bi people are way more fun
WAY WAY :tongue: