PDA

View Full Version : What's Love Got To Do With It?

RiverGuy
Oct 4, 2011, 6:41 PM
This thread is for folks who'd rather, at the moment, talk about love than sex, sex, sex and sex.

Don't get me wrong, I like sex. A lot. But love is pretty important to me, too!:)

So, who do you love? I love Kevin and the ever mysterious female who I call "Faraway Sweetie". I also love--though non-romantically--a number of others. One of these is a heterosexual guy who is also a cuddle buddy and sometimes even kisses me on the lips. He's just not into guys "that way".

RiverGuy
Oct 4, 2011, 9:50 PM
Questions for conversation starters...

a. Is there such a thing as "real love," or is love a myth?

b. Do love and sex go together like chocolate and peanut butter? Or do they go together like naked and poison oak/ivy?

====

Feel free to make up your own Love questions.

pepperjack
Oct 5, 2011, 12:42 AM
This thread is for folks who'd rather, at the moment, talk about love than sex, sex, sex and sex.

Don't get me wrong, I like sex. A lot. But love is pretty important to me, too!:)

So, who do you love? I love Kevin and the ever mysterious female who I call "Faraway Sweetie". I also love--though non-romantically--a number of others. One of these is a heterosexual guy who is also a cuddle buddy and sometimes even kisses me on the lips. He's just not into guys "that way".

Just doing my job today , a routine weekly delivery to a nearby community; extraordinarily beautiful October day on the highway and this comes on the radio...."Wise men say...only fools rush in...but I cant help....." Recognize? Found myself singing along.:love87:

Long Duck Dong
Oct 5, 2011, 3:23 AM
Just doing my job today , a routine weekly delivery to a nearby community; extraordinarily beautiful October day on the highway and this comes on the radio...."Wise men say...only fools rush in...but I cant help....." Recognize? Found myself singing along.:love87:

falling in loving with you... take my hand... take my whole love too......

sorry, its a UB40 song, one I know well

Diva667
Oct 5, 2011, 10:57 AM
Questions for conversation starters...

b. Do love and sex go together like chocolate and peanut butter? Or do they go together like naked and poison oak/ivy?

====

Feel free to make up your own Love questions.

Real love exists - I know I experience it. Whether it is some combination of hormones, I don't really care. I know I love her and she loves me.

Like many other Poly folks I feel that love is boundless, infinite. My love for others is not limited to one. My love for others is not of one type - there are many types of love (as many, or more than, colors in the universe.)

Love and sex, for me, go together, like hands and gloves YMMV. If I dont feel that connection with you, I am certainly not going to have sex with you.

RiverGuy
Oct 5, 2011, 11:05 AM
If I dont feel that connection with you, I am certainly not going to have sex with you.

I'm the same way. Sex without trust, emotional intimacy, affection, closeness ... just doesn't do it for me. I can have multiple partners, though. And I don't need a partner to promise forever to me to enjoy a romp in the hay. I just need there to be mutual attraction and a special kind of friendship. Love refers to a wide spectrum of experiences.

BiDaveDtown
Oct 5, 2011, 11:30 AM
I can fall in love with men and I did with men who I had relationships with before I was married.

Why does this somehow matter though? I don't think that I'm somehow better than other bisexuals who don't fall in love with both genders.

I have had sex with men and women who I did not love and there's nothing wrong with that.

matutum
Oct 5, 2011, 12:28 PM

as a child l would sing this song with Elvis....

Realist
Oct 5, 2011, 12:44 PM

It's real. I've experienced it, at different degrees, from mild to severe. I am presently in love with a girl who I met here in 2008. I have been in love with at least 3 men, too. Being in love, or caring deeply for someone enhances, magnifies, escalates, sexuality for me. I have no interest in being sexual with anyone I don't know well and care for, first.

I think they do. Sex, to me, without caring, is no better than masturbation. I can love someone without sex, but I can't be sexual with someone I don't care for.

That's just me, you can be whoever, or whatever you want.

RiverGuy
Oct 6, 2011, 1:41 PM
Why does this somehow matter though? I don't think that I'm somehow better than other bisexuals who don't fall in love with both genders.

I have had sex with men and women who I did not love and there's nothing wrong with that.

Who said there was something wrong with that? Did someone here suggest they were "better" if they could love persons of both sexes?

People can have preferences or capacities, and share these in these forum threads, without the implication that they're somehow "better" or that loveless sex is "wrong". To say that love is important to us does not mean that we're judging anyone.