PDA

View Full Version : Fave Online Radio Stations?

FloridaFun69
Sep 29, 2011, 4:47 PM
How many people listen to radio online at work, or wherever?

Do you have any favorite stations you can recommend?

I've made the whole gambit, everything from KNAC.com back in the early days of the interwebz when they were one of the first and only online radio stations, as well as private people that host their personal radio stations on Live365.com, radiomaragritaville.com, noshoesradio.com, and more. Thanks to the IHeartRadio.com website, I can listen to stations from my hometown 1,500 miles away, and of course I also have an account on pandora.

12voltman59
Sep 29, 2011, 6:22 PM
I don't what sort of music you like to listen to, but AOL has a number of music channels that are pretty good and they are free, with some adverts from time to time--they have a pretty wide selection of music----I think that Music Choice which provides music for many cable systems also puts their music channels online.

I like a genre of music called "Americana" and there is a great station out of Knoxville, TN that programs this sort of music and streams online---WDVX-FM with the stream available at WDVX.com

I also have a subscription to Sirius/XM satellite radio and my subscription not only allows me to listen to my unit which goes from home to car and back--but I can listen online and on my smartphone too.

They have a big selection of music of all kinds along with sports programming, talk and "public radio"--also traffic and weather for selected cities in the US.

FloridaFun69
Sep 29, 2011, 7:04 PM
I figured by the "12VoltMan" name, perhaps you were a Jimmy Buffett fan. LOL!

mnTIMIDguy
Sep 29, 2011, 7:12 PM
jazzandblues.org is great, and jazz24.org never disappoints.

12voltman59
Sep 29, 2011, 10:56 PM
I figured by the "12VoltMan" name, perhaps you were a Jimmy Buffett fan. LOL!

Sure am!! Wow---someone got the origin of my name right!!! WhoooHooo!:bigrin:

FloridaFun69
Sep 29, 2011, 11:21 PM
Sure am!! Wow---someone got the origin of my name right!!! WhoooHooo!:bigrin:

Yup!! Parrotheads are a breed apart from most in society!

Ever notice how Parrothead/Fan is abbreviated as Pfan, and Pantyhose Fan is also abbreviated as Pfan? Really makes for a confusing conversation under certain circumstances. Not going into details, but, yeah... trust me, nothing like being a PFAN and the wrong conversation pops on a forum not conducive to adolescents. LOL

whispering
May 1, 2013, 4:47 PM
My tastes vary by mood, and so I just open up the "radio" feature, I use iTunes, and choose what I like at the time. Works for a shared environment, too.

12voltman59
May 1, 2013, 5:41 PM
I shoulda said what my favorite channel is on Sirius/XM Its Channel 60 "OOOOOuuttttttttllllawwwwww Country" You have to listen the channel weekdays from 4 to 8 pm eastern to know why I wrote it that way--its the way that one of their most off the wall DJ says it---- he way that the crazy as hell, booger eating moron MOJO NIXON always says the channel name---it plays Americana music and I also listen to Bluegrass Junction, Willie's Roadhouse, which is the channel of Willie Nelson---and I do listen to RadioMargaritaville too which is also on the service, along with channels built around Elvis, The Greatful Dead and The Boss, Bruce Springsteen---you can also listen to several channels of Howard Stern programming is that suits you. They also have channels for Playboy, gay and lesbian and just about every other interest or musical or sports taste.

I do like Pandora too along with IHeartradio.

goldenfinger
May 1, 2013, 7:44 PM
I used to listen to some stations from the US and England, but many have now been "blocked in your country", so I gave up. Don't listen much anymore, only when driving, the same thing over and over again.

elian
May 2, 2013, 10:42 PM
http://173.193.32.153:8090 - Shoutcast 128Kbps MP3 stream of "HEART OF GAIA" New Age/Chill music

A few on here:

http://www.shoutcast.com/radio/80s

The SKYFM 80's HITS and 70's/80's combo are not bad..

"SOLO PIANO and GUITAR" & HEART OF GAIA are on here:
http://www.shoutcast.com/radio/New%20Age

Interesting mix of folk and world music:
http://www.folkalley.com