PDA

View Full Version : Friday 23 September Is Celebrate Bisexuality Day

djones
Sep 19, 2011, 11:35 PM
At least in the US it is - and in NYC, we are making it Celebrate Bisexuality Weekend.

Again, here are links to events a group of us have organized for the Saturday. Join us if you can - pass along the info ! :

http://bifihotspot.com/

Bi Tea, Saturday 9/24 5:30pm

How do YOU take your tea?
Come enjoy tea, pastries and drinks in the company of other Bi and Bi-friendly men and women in the classy-but-decadent ambience of Affaire Bistro & Lounge.
Saturday, September 24 · 5:30pm – 8:30pm
Affaire NYC
50 Avenue B between 3rd and 4th Streets
New York, NY
Admission is FREE!
RSVP on Facebook

Performance Night, Saturday 9/24 at 9pm

Continue our celebration of bisexuality with live performances by singer-songwriters rorie kelly and Robin Renée, comedienne Jessica Lovelace-Chandler and spoken word artist Geoff Kagan Trenchard!
Saturday, September 24 at 9:00pm – September 25 at 1:00am
BAR 82, back room.
136 2nd Avenue between St. Marks and 9th Streets, NYC.
Doors open at 9pm. Admission $5. Artists’ CDs will be available for sale.

dseven
Sep 20, 2011, 8:19 AM
Well here in Argentina i'm going with a couple of friends to a club and we'll help a female friend of mine to explore her bisexuality XD. So it's nice, but the nice thing about this september 23rd, is that is the first one that I'm spending as an open bisexual, at least to myself and an increasingly number of friends...
So that's a lot coming for me, but well, let's hope this weekend rocks!

Hugs
Dseven.

djones
Sep 20, 2011, 9:05 PM
Cool ! And congratulations !

Anyone else have plans or events going one - please share them !

softfruit
Sep 20, 2011, 9:13 PM
Loads of uk events listed on http://september23.bi.org/

maxtor
Sep 21, 2011, 1:40 AM
wish i could be there to meet and greet other people as like minded as i am. it is fustrating living in a place that things like being Bi is frowned on even if the people frowing is Bi also. many people are bi but never acted on it but so quick to condem people that enjoy the company of same sex for exclusive sex. i enjoy male/male sex and love to find others that will act but so hard in a place where i live. i would love to be able to interact and find people that wants to have friendship and possible relationship.

softfruit
Sep 21, 2011, 4:58 PM
Then make it happen! :) Stuff like the Manchester bi group BiPhoria, now very long-running with nearly 20 years under its belt, didn't come out of an air of warm tolerance, but to create a space like that because people needed it.

djones
Sep 21, 2011, 8:47 PM
Then make it happen! :) Stuff like the Manchester bi group BiPhoria, now very long-running with nearly 20 years under its belt, didn't come out of an air of warm tolerance, but to create a space like that because people needed it.

Kind of the same reason we are doing what we are doing in New York - yes, even in New York, the Bi scene is greatly under served. Waiting for the "LGBT" groups to do something is / was futile.

Just make it happen !

Emotional Masochist
Sep 21, 2011, 10:44 PM
Me and a couple of friends are heading out to a gay bar and just going to have some fun. :bigrin::bipride:

djones
Sep 23, 2011, 11:49 PM
Did anyone else do anything fun today ?

Don"t forget, if you are in NYC - we have events tomorrow as well - check out the listing at the top of this thread !

Cheers

terri
Sep 25, 2011, 7:52 AM
Did anyone else do anything fun today ?

until i saw this thread i had no idea there was a day set aside for celebrating bisexuality . as it happened,i received an invitation to join a couple of friends for "some guy time" fun, the day before. so i told my wife about it and she said that it sounded like a fun time and that i should go. i did.
well, i must say that it was a fun time and was also the first time i experienced playing with two guys.what a thrill.