PDA

View Full Version : Vittoria's thread?

Annika L
Sep 18, 2011, 9:28 PM
Does anyone have a clue why Drew deleted Vittoria's thread where she asked about spell-casting? I didn't notice any violations of site policy, though I could easily have missed something...and based on other threads, I don't think he has a problem with the basic topic of the thread.

I usually understand the decisions he makes (I don't always agree with them, but I at least get where he's coming from). And I like to understand, so I know better how not to screw up and get myself or my threads banned. This one puzzles me.

Any insight would be appreciated.

elian
Sep 18, 2011, 9:48 PM
Don't know but I'm sorry if I offended anyone, that wasn't my intent. I'm sure some of the things I say aren't always the most agreeable to some people.

Realist
Sep 18, 2011, 10:04 PM
Elian, you are about the LEAST offensive person I've ever seen on here! If you begin to piss anyone off, I'll really be in trouble!

Long Duck Dong
Sep 18, 2011, 10:09 PM
cos it may have been classed as advertising a service that was not within the theme of bisexual.com

void()
Sep 19, 2011, 5:02 AM
It's my fault, really. I cast the spell of holybatshitinsane upon the thread, just because I was feeling surrealist urges for the cause of the flying spaghetti monster and Eris. This correlates with an urge of five years to wipe out five random postings at five random forums for no apparent reason or rational other than the Mohamed. "It was there." Apologies, such urges strike me as random and at random times. :)

Gearbox
Sep 19, 2011, 7:37 AM
cos it may have been classed as advertising a service that was not within the theme of bisexual.com
You mean we can advertise our bi-services (at very reasonable rates) here?:rolleyes:

**Peg**
Sep 19, 2011, 8:49 AM
well....right up there with elian and Ben and a host of others here, we know that vitt is the least offensive person around.... it must have been a violation of the rules somehow. I know on another chat site even mentioning a rival chatsite will get a member banned. If I had more time this morning, I'd read the instructions newbs get when they sign up, but I don't.....perhaps Drew will answer.

Peg

_Joe_
Sep 19, 2011, 1:58 PM
I am offended that I'm not known as the the most least offensive person here!

Gearbox
Sep 19, 2011, 4:17 PM
I am offended that I'm not known as the the most least offensive person here!
No! Your the most offended person here.:bigrin:

elian
Sep 19, 2011, 7:03 PM
what LDD says makes sense..

darkeyes
Sep 19, 2011, 8:22 PM
Cant imagine Vitt advertisin.. but spose its possible... if she thinks she is bein treated bad then she can tell us wy an have a go at Drew.. or at least ask him why? All I know is she is a luffly gal who has nev used this site for 'er own personal reasons..but as Ive not seen the post in question.. am keepin me face shut.. and wivout seein the post..how can I judge?

Cherokee_Mountaincat
Sep 19, 2011, 9:46 PM
I just glanced at the post the other day and saw it was about Spellcasting, and thats all I had time for. I didnt think it was all that offensive...I mean Vitt isnt mean spirited or nasty, so I'm puzzled at why She would have her thread/post removed when there are other obnoxious topics and threads out there...
Ah well. Guess all will be reveled eventually..:} Void-honey. C'mere, I gots a cookie fer ya...
Cat

csrakate
Sep 20, 2011, 10:53 AM
Vitt wasn't banned....her post was merely deleted. I believe the fact that she posted the addy of someone who offers "services" was the reason it was deleted. In many ways, if you didn't know Vitt, it didn't seem any different than that girl who posted links to her jewelry site or the folks who advertise any other services. I am sure Drew doesn't want to appear to endorse those services for liability reasons....nothing more.

jamieknyc
Sep 20, 2011, 11:44 AM
I don't think that was Vitt's intention either. However, Drew owns the forum, and if he judges something to be promoting someone's product, it's his right to delete it.

Annika L
Sep 20, 2011, 7:16 PM
Vitt wasn't banned....her post was merely deleted. I believe the fact that she posted the addy of someone who offers "services" was the reason it was deleted. In many ways, if you didn't know Vitt, it didn't seem any different than that girl who posted links to her jewelry site or the folks who advertise any other services. I am sure Drew doesn't want to appear to endorse those services for liability reasons....nothing more.

Nope, I noticed she wasn't banned, and I was asking only about why her post was deleted.

If there was a link to a commercial site (which I must not have registered), then that completely explains it. I get the connection with the jewelry site.

Thanks Kate! ...nice to hear your voice again, btw...you're missed in chat *hugs*