PDA

View Full Version : Be careful: soldier arrested for spreading AIDS virus

fordbob89
Sep 7, 2011, 4:56 PM
http://www.timesdaily.com/article/20110907/NEWS/110909885/1295/UPDATES?Title=Redstone-Arsenal-soldier-imprisoned-for-knowingly-spreading-AIDS-virus

This article appeared in my local paper today. I was thinking of hooking up with someone for the first, but this is scarey and just plain wrong.

Jobelorocks
Sep 7, 2011, 5:11 PM
Some people are just plain selfish and just all around bad people. Everyone, protect yourselves, you cannot rely on anyone else to be looking out for you.

tenni
Sep 7, 2011, 5:13 PM
You do need to be cautious as to whom you sleep with. The problem is that some people are liars and sociopaths.

In my country like this article states it is an aggrivated sexual assault by the legal definition. More seriously is the fact that if a person is infected with HIV by someone who knowingly avoids disclosing their HIV status and the victim dies, it is murder in my country.

DuckiesDarling
Sep 8, 2011, 12:12 AM
He was court martialed because he violated military law, I wonder if there will be separate counts filed in civilian court against him.

Jobelorocks
Sep 8, 2011, 12:16 AM
He was court martialed because he violated military law, I wonder if there will be separate counts filed in civilian court against him.

Probably so... I know if you do something against the UCMJ that is also against civilian law you can be tried twice for the same crime, of coarse this only applies to military personnel.

DuckiesDarling
Sep 8, 2011, 1:13 AM
Yeah, Jobelrocks, recently in my county we had a member of the army that was accused of killing his estranged wife and his mother. He was tried four separate times and each time it was either mistrial or hung jury. Prosecutors finally asked for him to be released from jail as they didn't think anything would change that would accomodate a new trial by the state. Family members pitched a royal fit about him getting out and the military picked him up and put him in their jail pending a military trial. I honestly have no idea how it will play out in the end we can only keep reading the newspapers and watching the news.

His name was Brent Burke, I'm sure you'll find the story in no time on google.

gloriacollins
Sep 10, 2011, 5:04 AM
Some people are just plain selfish and just all around bad people. Everyone, protect yourselves, you cannot rely on anyone else to be looking out for you.

yeah you are correct many people are selfish now a days..:(

Michigan_cpl
Sep 10, 2011, 12:51 PM
when it comes to meeting other people rather it be male or female, you have to look out for your own safty first . because no one else will do it for you. we call them type of people very selffish.

there is alot of things that we want to do and try, but we wont because of type of crap. that is why we always use condoms when we do have sex and alo when we give and receive oral.

BiDaveDtown
Sep 10, 2011, 11:51 PM
The link to the article did not work. Do you have another link to it?