PDA

View Full Version : Bisexual Study article on salon.com

GreenFedora
Sep 1, 2011, 3:06 AM
Linky (http://www.salon.com/life/lgbt/index.html?story=/mwt/feature/2011/08/27/bisexuality)

I'm interviewed!:tongue:

Long Duck Dong
Sep 1, 2011, 5:00 AM
congrads......

there was something in the article that stood out to me....

*Even without any genuine questions about their identity, many bisexual men end up choosing a different label, depending on the circumstances. "I am either gay or heterosexual dependent upon the company I keep," says 49-year-old Ed. Some men identify as gay when they're dating a man and straight when they're dating a woman -- it's easier to go along with people's assumptions than it is to detail the subtle nuances of one's attractions. *

it makes sense that they identify as how they feel at the time, as some people are bisexual when they are single and shift between their attractions and desires, yet in a relationship, they stabilize some what, on one end of the scale......

rather than say I am bisexual, its more of a statement of I am in a predominately gay / hetero aspect of my bisexuality, as they are identifying with the way they are feeling, thinking and living.......

the point that it is easier not to define as a sexuality that people have misconceptions about, is something that is very understandable, for a person like me that is asexual natured..... as sex is not the main focus, its the interaction with the person that is the main point......

I am attracted to males and females, and there are changes in me when I let myself *connect * with people that are gay or hetero.... and I will feel differently with a partner that is a male, to a partner that is a female, and different than I would being single.......

for a bisexual to say they are gay or hetero, can simply be a way of saying they feel happy, content and relaxed in the relationship and as a result, do not feel the need and desire for both genders they do experience while in a bisexual attraction and desire state...... IE being single and free to spend time with either gender

one of the issues that is clear with people identifying as being hetero or gay, based around their partners, while the person is bisexual... is the reaction seen in this site, by other bisexual people.... and the remarks of how a person is denying who and what they are, yet the person is self identifying their *persona* at the time, rather than saying that they are not bisexual.....

trentino
Sep 1, 2011, 7:24 AM
"60 decades" since Kinsey !!