PDA

View Full Version : Hunting the Duck

LastGent
Aug 29, 2011, 9:46 PM
I am inspired to write this because of comments posted in the "Bi-Invisibility" thread, regarding Long Duck Dong.
Having been a member for two minutes in geological time, I had no idea that Mr. Dong (no smirking, please), was getting shat upon by other men, and I don't mean scat play. The anti-Dong (you smirked, didn't you?[-okay, how about 'anti-Duck'?]) comments appear to revolve around his asexuality. Is not being interested in sex such a horror?
From what I gathered, an asexual talking about bisexual sex is wrong? Well, then, in the interest of fairness, shouldn't all post-menopausal women and post-sexagenarian men be excluded from this website? And folk who have had their gonads removed do to cancer? Their sex drives are near nil. We should discriminate properly, not make Mr. Duck into a sacrifice to cleanse the world of sin, so to speak.
I have never had sex, and I'm not interested in a sexual relationship at this time in my life, I want to be with someone longer than four to five minutes (you better believe it-four minutes, I have proof). I was in a period of rut earlier this month, which has now ended; I am completely worn out from the exertions of this time (someone giggled in the back row-I know it) and I'll be totally sexless for the next month, while I recharge. Does this make what I say invalid during my asexual period? Or does my sex-life-of-roadkill state make me automatically un-bisexual?
I want to know what the deal is here, I thought only homosexuals and those biologically related to them treated bisexuals this way.

Long Duck Dong
Aug 29, 2011, 10:46 PM
lol duck hunting season is worse, those shotgun pellets hurt...lol

thanks for the support and understanding, and yes, the main reason I remain in the site, posting, is so that other people that may be asexual natured, be it medically, hormonal etc etc... know that they are not alone....

its just a shame that they see that talking about things like that, is likely to get them flamed and trolled.... cos they are not being sexual people.......or cos they are not talking about eating cum, pussy, cocks etc...... so they remain silent..... and then get rubbished as closeted cowards, by the same members that target me for calling myself a bisexual cos I have had sex with males and females and I enjoy being attracted to them, and the company of them......

Darkside2009
Aug 29, 2011, 11:06 PM
The Pope talks about sex all the time, and I'm pretty sure he isn't getting any.

So Duck is not alone in having an opinion, he is entitled to it, despite the efforts of one member in sniping at him across the barricades, every time he posts. That feud has been persistent for longer than that of the Hatfields and the McCoys, or so it seems.

Suggestions have been made in the past that they put each other on ignore, but this hasn't happened. Complaints have been made to Drew, but nothing has happened.

So for the time being we are stuck with it, unless all of us put the offender on ignore, that way we will not see his posts, even if someone else quotes him, which is what happens now.

hgf33
Aug 29, 2011, 11:55 PM
LastGent:

First of all... :bowdown:

Second of all... You may have just become my new fave already! Not only did you address something that has seriously needed to be dealt with, but you did it in such a way... I... I'm speechless! I'm in awe! :eek:

Seriously though. Your post was absolutely needed and wonderfully written. I'm sure it's safe to say that it was also very-much appreciated.

I've been struggling lately with some of these "offenders". Many people have told me I'm a great asset to this site, but I was beginning to feel like bowing out. Luckily, I have a thick skin and don't give up right away. (Can't get rid of me that easily, suckers! :tong:) Another thing that helped? Awesome members like you, LDD, and many others.

I'm glad that we can agree on how we feel about these "bullies". It makes me feel better to know that there are only a few bad apples, and that we are all rolling our eyes at them in unison.

Once again, thank you. You have seriously made my day! Bonus points for making me laugh at the same time! You too, LDD and Darkside! Very valid points! (Why can't I ever think of this stuff?!) ;)

falcondfw
Aug 30, 2011, 2:25 AM
I hear a chant starting ... "Hunt The Duck! Hunt The Duck! Hunt The Duck!" lol.

darkeyes
Aug 30, 2011, 4:37 AM
Have kinda been Duck hunting longer than I care 2 remember.. not outa personal animosity, but cos the daft bugger doesn't half put out a few hostages 2 fortune and that duck and I agree 'bout maybe quarter of the time.. but thats ok.. am considered so outrageous mesel at times that quarter of the time agreein' wiv peeps is pretty good...

.. so me cyber shotgun is aimed at what Duckie has 2 say.. not at him.. just like it's aimed at wot ne 1 else has 2 say.. now scuse me.. am spittin feather's 'ere an need a cuppa b4 me 1st class of the day... ;)

Realist
Aug 30, 2011, 8:53 AM
Hot Dog! Things seem to be improving, here!

Nice to see a some consensus and unity, for a change.

Great job LastGent!

We'll never agree on everything. But, at least, we can be respectful and polite, can't we?

by~his~side
Aug 30, 2011, 8:56 AM
My opinion...(key word is opinion)--Mr. Duck could be a sex addict (opposite of asexual, I'm assuming) and there would be still grumbling that he doesn't know what he's talking about. It's not about his personal positions on subjects. It's about the underlying rip tide.

Ever sit in a staff meeting at work and the boss is lecturing about the few (nameless) offenders that are abusing the honor system and taking a longer lunch hour instead of the allowable 60minutes? The staffers that are NOT in question (because they always take a 50 minute lunch at most) are wide eyed and making mental notes to limit lunch to 45 minutes...assuming the boss is referring to them. While the guilty parties are filing their nails, checking text messages or otherwise engaged in a more interesting activity than the staff meeting....because the meetings are always lame and nothing productive ever comes out of them.
The offenders NEVER think it's them. That huge lack of self awareness always make me chuckle to myself.

~D~

Annika L
Aug 30, 2011, 9:56 PM
That feud has been persistent for longer than that of the Hatfields and the McCoys, or so it seems.

I suspect that these two knew one another in real life once...though more probably in a past life, or several (interesting if so that they could recognize one another across the vasty Internet :tong:).

I'll throw in my kudos along with the rest of them, LastGent. This was well done in a way that I think it took a relative newcomer to do...the rest of us have too many emotions tangled into the site and its varied dynamics.

Will this thread change any behaviors? I doubt it. But I agree with hgf that it's useful to have a place where a number of us can state for the record that we find the dynamic distasteful...without being nasty ourselves...and hopefully it will stay that way. Though my experience in this suggests that by post 25, this thread too will have jumped the shark, and members (and I'll bet I can predict exactly who they'll be) will be outright attacking other members. Sheesh, I only hope I'm wrong.

Emotional Masochist
Aug 31, 2011, 1:45 AM
Yayayayayayayayayayay... I am so fucking glad i read this forumhehehehe. Here i was about to start a new one to thank LDD (as well as others) for being such an awesome person and always finding time to help when im feeling down and ranting about bs, and bam here it is. I am also very aware of people thrashing him and I've never said anything because first of all anything i can say LDD can say better hehehehe. Honestly though i don't understand the way people attack one another and ignore the topic of the thread. It doesn make any sense. But back to my intial response yayayayayayayaya LONG LIVE THE DUCK

hgf33
Aug 31, 2011, 11:44 AM
I am also very aware of people thrashing him and I've never said anything because first of all anything i can say LDD can say better hehehehe.

Haha same here!!!

I also haven't bothered to say anything because I know these select individuals are stubbornly vain. It's a pointless waste of energy to try to reason with them. I'd have better luck conversing with the spider in the corner. At least I get to squash him with my shoe.

I agree with Annika. It won't change their behavior, and they may very-well try to bomb this thread, too. Too bad they are outnumbered.

Never underestimate the power of good people who have met their limit.