PDA

View Full Version : A star is born

JohnnyV
May 19, 2006, 12:24 PM
Hi,

As some of you know from private convos, my wife was pregnant recently..... and now is no longer pregnant.

OUR BABY WAS BORN!!! The contractions lasted 4 days, my daughter was much overdue, and the delivery was long and painful. But my wife was a trooper and the 9-pounder got out okay.

I am at the hospital right now, clicking away on my laptop while the wife sleeps.

J

woolleygirl
May 19, 2006, 12:39 PM
:angel: They are a pure joy that you will find increases with every little thing they do. One of the best life has to offer. I bet she is just beautiful. Congrates and you better be giving that wonderful wife of your plenty of attention to for she has just given you FatherHood all wrapped in Pink. :bowdown: Also remeber you will now have no sleep what so ever now but enjoy it they grow up fast hon you will love every min of it. :2cents:

You are now a xxxDaddy.

Theresa

allbimyself
May 19, 2006, 2:17 PM
Congrats, Johnny!

4 DAYS! Man, you are gonna have to buy her a Lexus after that :D

Michael623
May 19, 2006, 2:44 PM
Wonderful news Johnny, congratulatons! The best to your lovely wife.

Michael

DiamondDog
May 19, 2006, 3:06 PM
congrats!

csrakate
May 19, 2006, 3:07 PM
Congratulations!!!! This is the beginning of the most amazing journey! My best to you, your wife and your beautiful little star!!

Hugs,
Kate

arana
May 19, 2006, 3:56 PM
:bounce:CONGRATULATIONS NEW DADDY!!!!!!:bounce:
Best wishes to you and the Missus!!!! Cheers to many sleepless nights and quickies :tong:

Mrs.F
May 19, 2006, 4:59 PM
Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!! Your life will be so different now and so much more full of love. And just in time for Father's Day..how wonderful!

4 DAYS! Sounds like my labor! :eek: But in the end...it was all worth it and would do it again. :bigrin:

Enjoy that baby girl..she is so precious and will grow like a weed right in front of your eyes!

Best wishes to you, your wife and baby.

Mrs.F :)

DarkwaterUK
May 19, 2006, 6:21 PM
Wonderful news! Congratulations to you both...... and to the star of the show; Welcome :wiggle2:

texasman6172003
May 19, 2006, 6:38 PM
Hi Johnny, Congratulations on your new arrival. Ihope you and your wife will cherish this moment for years to come...

jedinudist
May 19, 2006, 7:27 PM
Congratulations!!!

Our best hopes and wishes for you and your family!

codybear3
May 19, 2006, 9:09 PM
JohnnyV...May the Great Spirit watch over your wife and baby and may you be blessed by thier company for a long time... :paw: :paw:

meteast chick
May 19, 2006, 10:58 PM
"Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body."
~Elizabeth Stone

"A baby is God's opinion that the world should go on." ~Carl Sandburg

Congratulations, JohnnyV :female:

luv and kisses,
xoxoxoxox
meteast

JohnnyV
May 19, 2006, 11:42 PM
Thanks to everyone who sent well wishes! Our daughter is healthy and got a clean bill of health. The breastfeeding is trickier than we expected, but hopefully we can stick to our plans to breastfeed!!!

Your words were all so sweet and mean a lot to me, my fellow bis and bi-supporters!

The one scary thing about this baby is I feel so much love for a living thing I've only known for less than a day! I'm usually not a very emotional person, and I've never been one to let passions get the better of me.... so it's hard to feel so swept off my feet by a 9-pound baby, it's just so different from the way my personality usually works.

She has a full head of hair and she looks a lot like me. In fact my wife is jealous because she seems to take more after me!!!

Thanks again, and love,
J

ladydelanie
May 20, 2006, 2:04 AM
Johnny,
Congrats to you and your wife!! Welcome baby girl!
This love you feel is amazing isnt it? :)

I never knew this intense love existed until I had my children, I smiled when I read your post!

Just remember one thing......as time goes on you will love her more and more......it just keeps getting better!!

May you have joy and love in the days ahead!.......

Bless you all!........

ladyd

12voltman59
May 20, 2006, 2:52 AM
Congratulations to you, your wife and a welcome to the newest member of your family--

all the best to you and yours

12volt

NWMtnHawk
May 20, 2006, 3:04 AM
Congradulations! I'm going to add that you might want to get used to the strong emotions and passion, . . . nothing in my life ever fired me up quite the same as the experience of a child did. In my view, . . . the single most significant thing that happens is the resposibility and shared journey of a child/children. Again, congrats to you both, dad and mom.

charmed_goddess87
May 20, 2006, 8:10 AM
Congrats!!

JohnnyV
May 20, 2006, 7:12 PM
Thanks again to everyone.

I just found out today that we can't have sex for another 8 weeks!!! Aaah!!!

In the last 24 hours I learned how to change diapers, burp a baby, rock a baby to sleep, bath a baby, and soothe a breastfeeding mother's sore nipples.

!!!!!!!
J

csrakate
May 20, 2006, 8:00 PM
Ohhh Johnny..those weeks will fly by while you fall deeper in love with this little wonder of yours....

Hugs,
Kate

Chaia
May 20, 2006, 9:36 PM
Congratulations on your new bundle! When you haven't slept for several days and the baby is crying, just remember the "wise" words of my father-in-law... "Don't worry, she won't be doing this when she graduates high school..." Seriously, though, enjoy the journey!

JohnnyV
May 21, 2006, 1:32 AM
Ohhh Johnny..those weeks will fly by while you fall deeper in love with this little wonder of yours....

Hugs,
Kate

I trust you! For now I'll find good j/o techniques.

J

Nara_lovely
May 21, 2006, 6:26 AM
Congratulations to you both!!

(I thought two days was bad enough....4.....!!!!!!!!)

...My guess, the WHOLE WORLD is pink, and you drift off now and then with the awe of it all, the immense love, and the incredible smile on your face....you have a daughter!

Sounds like you will all look after each other too.
*sigh* it's a wonderful time.

canuckotter
May 21, 2006, 8:58 AM
Congratulations! :) My first is due at the end of November, and it seems like everywhere I go lately people are talking about newborns... :eek:

And don't worry, I'm sure you'll find a way to survive those eight weeks... Or you'll be so tired out from looking after the baby that you won't even think about it... :tong:

glantern954
May 21, 2006, 10:40 AM
Congrats! Start saving for college now! ;)

JohnnyV
May 21, 2006, 2:30 PM
Congratulations! :) My first is due at the end of November, and it seems like everywhere I go lately people are talking about newborns... :eek:

Canuck, great news for you too! Let us know when yours arrives, and I'll be cheering for a great birth for your wife. I know what you mean about there being a seeming baby craze. I don't know if I'm just noticing it more, or if the press has been going ape about childbirth in recent weeks. I know the Brook Shields/Katie Holmes/Angelina Jolie, etc., stories all seemed to draw lots of attention to it.

J

canuckotter
May 22, 2006, 1:54 PM
Canuck, great news for you too! Let us know when yours arrives Hehehe... Don't worry, when the big day comes I'm sure I'll be telling everyone on the planet. :)

So is everyone home, healthy, and happy yet?

Mrs. Taz
May 22, 2006, 2:08 PM
CONGRATS, to you and your wife jonny and a hello and welcome to this big wonderful yet scarry world to this new little one of yours. I am sure you wont even notice those 8 weeks go by. one of these days your probably going to want to do with her what i have suggested for my God son which is put a brick on his head so he cant grow anymore. they grow so fast you will wonder where the time has gone and start missing the sleepless nights and 1am feedings and diaper changes and spit ups. pls continue to let us know how things are going, and maybe if its ok with u and your wife, let us see a pic, :) if not its ok.

kitten

JohnnyV
May 22, 2006, 2:27 PM
Hi Canuck and Kitten,

Thanks so much for your words... I wish I could send you all a cybercigar.

Yes, we're home from the hospital, and I am struggling to adjust to the sleep schedule. Our daughter is quite the tyrant, refusing to sleep unless I'm walking at a brisk pace with her in my arms, and cradling her at an angle that makes me feel like I'm doing a permanent bicep curl workout. I will probably lose those last 20 pounds I've wanted to get rid of!

I thought I was liberal, but I've realized I'm old-fashioned about this breastfeeding business. My wife keeps pulling out her boobs in front of open windows, or in the presence of anyone, and she says that the open air soothes her nipples better than anything else, so she walks around the house topless. :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

I'm sure I'll get used to it, but for now, I'm scandalized!

I'll post a pic later on....

J

BiBiologist
May 22, 2006, 3:11 PM
Congratulations Johnny!

As the mother and breast-feeder of two nine pounders myself, I must say your wife deserves to do anything she wants with her nipples!

sam

Mrs. Taz
May 22, 2006, 6:05 PM
you must atleast be enjoying the view jonny lol sorry, i cant spell right now for some reason. i see your little one is a daddys girl :)

red_riding_hood_27
May 22, 2006, 6:50 PM
CONGRATULATIONS! I wish you and your wife happiness with the new baby. Children are joyful! (in my case when they are all sleeping ([all 4 of them}). (lol).

Oh enjoy that bundle of Joy.

Angela

jamiehue
May 22, 2006, 8:10 PM
Thanks to everyone who sent well wishes! Our daughter is healthy and got a clean bill of health. The breastfeeding is trickier than we expected, but hopefully we can stick to our plans to breastfeed!!!

Your words were all so sweet and mean a lot to me, my fellow bis and bi-supporters!

The one scary thing about this baby is I feel so much love for a living thing I've only known for less than a day! I'm usually not a very emotional person, and I've never been one to let passions get the better of me.... so it's hard to feel so swept off my feet by a 9-pound baby, it's just so different from the way my personality usually works.

She has a full head of hair and she looks a lot like me. In fact my wife is jealous because she seems to take more after me!!!

Thanks again, and love,
J
follow the bouncinnnnn babi. joy!

JohnnyV
May 23, 2006, 10:52 PM
Children are joyful! (in my case when they are all sleeping ([all 4 of them}). (lol).

I'm beginning to catch on to everyone's jokes about sleeplessness. For the life of me I can't figure out this baby's sleep schedule!

Also, the baby hates the expensive basinet, stroller and crib we bought -- and won't sleep in such places, but loves to sleep in her car seat, all buckled up!

My baby slept perfectly peacefully in my arms, as I paced back and forth in front of the TV screen watching the WOrld War II film "Das Boot." Explosions and screaming won't wake her, but she'll wake up in a fit if I stop walking and rocking her!

She's a sublime and adorable mystery,
J

woolleygirl
May 24, 2006, 10:09 AM
Hey you now know that you are given these wonder little packages without an owners manual. You will find that expensive stuff is not all it is cracked up to be. When she is older say toddler years a box will be the best gift in the world a magical thing that can transform into anything. She will also think her daddy hung the moon just for her. So sleepless nights are nothing.Ever time you look at her you will realize what a gift she truely is but you will probably already do that ;) . Take care also have you tried the baby swings. You can get a small one that can be near your bed, this is for the nights you can't walk or rock any more. Good Luck hon

I am still waiting for the owners manual for my boys

T

taz67156
May 26, 2006, 3:55 PM
CONGRATS to you and your wife Johnny

Spicy
May 26, 2006, 4:14 PM
Congrats to you my friend, your wife and the star of the show, your daughter.

Spicy

JohnnyV
Jun 9, 2006, 9:12 PM
Does anyone have a full version of the song "Hush little baby"?

My baby girl has a very powerful set of lungs ,which she uses all the time to cry, and I have found myself walking in desperate circles, cradling her, singing that song, but the version I know is scrabbled together from various other sources, and I make it up on the spot. The best I know of the song is this:

HUSH LITTLE BABY DON'T SAY A WORD
PAPA'S GONNA BUY YOU A MOCKINGBIRD

AND IF THAT MOCKINGBIRD DONT SING
PAPAS GONNA BUY YOU A DIAMOND RING

AND IF THE RING SHOULD TURN TO BRASS
PAPA'S GONNA BUY YOU A LOOKING GLASS

AND IF THE LOOKING GLASS DON'T SHINE
PAPA'S GONNA BUY YOU A MARBLE EYE

AND IF THE MARBLE EYE IS CRACKED
PAPA'S GONNA BUY YOU A SAILOR HAT

AND IF THE SAILOR HAT SHOULD TEAR
PAPA'S GONNA BUY YOU A TEDDY BEAR

HUSH LITTLE BABY DON'T YOU CRY
PAPA'S GONNA BUY YOU A BIG BLUE SKY

I know that the version above is probably completely wrong, and it isn't long enough! Does anyone have a better and more authentic version? Since I didn't grow up speaking English, I didn't hear this song as a kid.

J

Mrs.F
Jun 9, 2006, 9:42 PM
I"m sorry Johnny, I don't know any different words then what you have already. I always sang "Rock a by baby" and it put him to sleep everytime.

There were many sleepless nights for me also. And there were many nights that I just couldn't take walking, rocking or singing anymore and I went to bed with him on my chest. He felt the warmth and my heart beating and that was all it took. But like wooleygirl said...swings. Our son loved the swing and would sleep in the swing for hours..saved our life..litterally!

You will learn in time what she likes and she will calm down and adjust. By that time though...your down right exhausted! :rolleyes:

Good luck and happy sleeping.. ;)

usedbear1950
Jun 9, 2006, 10:09 PM
Mr., Mrs. and lil Jean Valjean,

I wish you the best. For your daughter I wish her a blessed life. May she grow strong and wise. May she appreciate the loving parents she was born to. May she be independent and loving. May her outer beauty pale in the reflection of her inner beauty. May love be in her mind, in her heart and in her soul for all the days of her life. There is an old hebrew blessing for such a mitzvah, L'Chiam, L'Tervum, L'Shulum...Long Life, Blessings and Peace.
(a mitzvah is a joy)

ur ever luvin
usedbear

PS Jean Valjean, when the gates of heaven open again be tender, be loving and be careful...give mommy a break she's been thru a lot.
:love87:

julie
Jun 10, 2006, 6:55 AM
Re: mockingbird words

smiles.. poor johnny n mrs j... its not easy is it :rolleyes:

...i like Eminems version of Mockingbird

http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/eminem/mockingbird.html

which is a far throw from the traditional version! My favourite bit is the final chorus though:...

good luck :) Julie x :female:

Rhuth
Jun 10, 2006, 9:42 AM
Hush, little baby, don't say a word,
Mama's going to buy you a mockingbird.

And if that mockingbird don't sing,
Mama's going to buy you a diamond ring.

And if that diamond ring turns brass,
Mama's going to buy you a looking glass.

And if that looking glass gets broke,
Mama's going to buy you a billy goat.

And if that billy goat won't pull,
Mama's going to buy you a cart and bull.

And if that cart and bull turn over,
Mama's going to buy you a dog named Rover.

And if that dog named Rover won't bark,
Mama's going to buy you a horse and cart.

And if that horse and cart fall down,
You'll still be the sweetest little baby in town.

I am sorry to say that it was much longer than 8 weeks for sex after our first one. Take how frustrated you are with the pacing, and add to that feeling like a milking cow because this little girl grapples at her breasts at the mere smell of her every two hours. She is pouring out all her affection and energy, so when she finnaly gets a chance to lie down, please make sure you don't ask for more affection and energy and grapple at her breasts. I am so sorry, but you are going to have to think months here. Have her read this post maybe to show you have been duely warned but remind her that it is still on your mind. Then get familiar with your hand again and never bring it up. Let her eventually initiate it.

Yes, she has forgotten about it, and yes you have been replaced. Kids grow and relationships with mom constantly change though. She will remember and you will eventually have a larger place back in her heart and mind than you had before all this started. The insanity gets worse before it gets better, but its worth it.

*hugs*
Rhuth

NightHawk
Jun 10, 2006, 10:53 AM
If your wife is breastfeeding the baby, I suggest that you be the one to go get the baby and bring her to your wife during the nights. When your baby is finished, you put her back to bed. Your wife deserves some help and it is good for you to stay as involved as you can. It does sound as though you are intent on being involved now, but do not let up. Stay with it and whatever the hardships, it will be worth it. In the case of our first daughter, getting her to go back to sleep was an endurance test. Some nights, I walked for hours. She liked me to read to her. Obviously, she just wanted to hear my voice, so I read her whatever I was reading at the time. Since I love history, I read her a lot of history.

Congratulations to both you and your wife. You will find many rewards in carefully examining how your daughter learns things. Young children learn at a phenomenal rate, though many people miss this. When she comes up with something new, analyze the process that she went through to do it. You will find that many things people commonly take for granted are actually great intellectual feats. If you do this, you will respect your daughter more. As you probably know, when you treat someone with respect, they are more likely to treat you with respect. If your child respects you, then being a father will be much easier.

Now, good luck! Yes, that helps also. The best raised child is still an individual, so you may not be responsible for every bad choice your daughter makes or every good one either. But, you can make it a lot easier for her to make good choices if you are a good parent. I expect you will be.

Driver 8
Jun 10, 2006, 11:27 AM
I've more often seen the song called "Mockingbird," and there are enough variants that there's no reason to worry about finding the one right version.

If your daughter likes it so much you want to add new verses, why not pick up the rhyming dictionary and write some? You could even spell out her name with the first letters of the presents, though I know it'll be a long time before she figures that out (or, for that matter, understands any of the words ;) )

JohnnyV
Jun 10, 2006, 11:51 AM
Thanks to everyone for your tips and well wishes.

MUch love to all of you and I hope I can be as good a parent as the other bi folks who've posted on here.

The baby is attached to my shoulder right now as I write. I love her immensely, of course, but I feel like I can't get anything done, other than typing these random posts on here; because she makes it impossible for me to concentrate on any task for more than about 35 minutes. Maybe if I had better skills at dropping a task and then coming back to it, I'd be able to overcome the frustration. But I'm too mentally intense; to get something done I need to have hours of undivided attention to it. I am very nervous I won't be able to finish my scholarly book, which could mean I won't get tenured and might be out of a job. I'll pray that doesn't happen.

I have tried watching lots of movies but I can't enjoy films unless I watch them from beginning until end, and baby always seems to do something that makes it impossible not to stop it several times.

Sometimes baby gets tired of being on my shoulder and has to be in my arms, in which case I can, at most, type with one hand. I can't read. I've tried slings and carrying seats, none of which work. She wails and wails until we hold her.

I wish she would sleep in her crib, or in her basinet, or in one of the many contraptions we bought that were supposed to help her sleep outside of our arms, but as one person told me, I guess I have to accept what she is. She is a non-easy sleeper. She is just not the kind of girl who'll sleep in a way that lets us rets or be productive.....

...so if she tells me she's bisexual in 16 years or so, it will feel like no difficult challenge after these weeks. I'll be ready to adjust my view of things to meet her needs. Maybe this is good for me after all.

J

jenniferhell@hotmail
Jun 10, 2006, 11:58 AM
congrats jonny
children are mericals hope you and your wife are doing good huggs to you both and give a kiss to the little one :kiss:

jenn

canuckotter
Jun 10, 2006, 3:36 PM
Maybe this is good for me after all.
Of course it is -- you're building character! :tong: