PDA

View Full Version : Not here to hook up

Jobelorocks
Aug 11, 2011, 1:38 PM
Ok guys... I know this means nothing to many of you, but I have gotten 6 emails today from people wanting to hook up. I am not here to find people for that reason, I have all the "friends ;)" that I want at the moment. I don't mind chatting, but please don't email me for this purpose. I only am doing this to try to prevent more messages of this sort.

trentino
Aug 11, 2011, 1:56 PM
'nuff said ! and thanks for the avatar hint !

slipnslide
Aug 11, 2011, 2:05 PM
you should post this to your profile since this thread will eventually get pushed down

Jobelorocks
Aug 11, 2011, 2:10 PM
'nuff said ! and thanks for the avatar hint !

No problem

Jobelorocks
Aug 11, 2011, 2:20 PM
you should post this to your profile since this thread will eventually get pushed down

I did, just wanted to contact a larger group because some do not read profiles.

Annika L
Aug 11, 2011, 2:32 PM
I did, just wanted to contact a larger group because some do not read profiles.

...um, Jo? You don't actually have a profile...at least not one that is showing publicly as of 2:30pm EDT on 8/11/11. Perhaps you've written one, but still need to enable it?

Jobelorocks
Aug 11, 2011, 2:57 PM
...um, Jo? You don't actually have a profile...at least not one that is showing publicly as of 2:30pm EDT on 8/11/11. Perhaps you've written one, but still need to enable it?

Well I never had one... I just have it in my locations section saying that I am not here for it. It kind of confused me that all these people were emailing me for that purpose, since I did not have one. I thought that should be enough to show that was not what I was here for, but I guess not.

Cherokee_Mountaincat
Aug 11, 2011, 3:44 PM
Oh Damn, and here I had a nice naughty one al composed already..Snicker.
Jo-hon, fill out your profile and state What Your Wants and Intents are. State that you are just looking for friends and that cyber shit isnt acceptable to you. It'll help you a great deal, Hon. ;}
Cat
(And just teasing about the naughty email..lol I wouldnt do that unless I knew you Quite well..) :bigrin:;)

Jobelorocks
Aug 11, 2011, 3:51 PM
(And just teasing about the naughty email..lol I wouldnt do that unless I knew you Quite well..) :bigrin:;)

I figured as much.

Annika L
Aug 11, 2011, 7:18 PM
Well I never had one... I just have it in my locations section saying that I am not here for it. It kind of confused me that all these people were emailing me for that purpose, since I did not have one. I thought that should be enough to show that was not what I was here for, but I guess not.

I can see your profile now.

No, not putting one out there seems not to announce that you're not looking. It seems that quite a few "cruisers" don't bother with profiles, and just send to anyone who looks interesting...or even just of the right sex. So when they see that you have none, one assumes some of them just think you're one of them.

And then they complain in the forums that people don't write back to them, and how this is a lousy hook-up site. :tong:

Btw, now that you say this explicity in your profile, do realize that people will send you unwanted solicitations. I say the same in mine and still get garbage. But hopefully it will be fewer, and it makes it more fun to be rude in response, if you choose to respond! Er, um, not that I speak from personal experience (*cough, cough*).

Gearbox
Aug 12, 2011, 4:43 AM
OMFG!:eek: It must have been so distressing to get messages of a sexual nature. You poor things!
Why Lord? Why?:rolleyes:

Please! For the sake of your mental well being, only open messages that have titles such as "Hey! What's your fave colour?", to avoid further trauma!
God! It comes to something when you get offers of sex on a bisexual site. Are we not safe ANYWHERE on the net these days?:eek:

**this post was sponsored by Sarcasticoldbugger.com **

tenni
Aug 12, 2011, 7:28 AM
OMFG!:eek: It must have been so distressing to get messages of a sexual nature. You poor things!

Please! For the sake of your mental well being, only open messages that have titles such as "Hey! What's your fave colour?", to avoid further trauma!
God! It comes to something when you get offers of sex on a bisexual site. Are we not safe ANYWHERE on the net these days?:eek:

funny scarcasticoldbugger...:bigrin:

Jobelorocks
Aug 12, 2011, 8:42 AM
Ha ha guys... I was more concerned about having to explain our situation over and over again.

wrbi01
Aug 12, 2011, 10:04 AM
Damn... everyone else keeps getting dirty e-mails... I feel so left out.. lol...:bigrin:

Gearbox
Aug 12, 2011, 10:56 AM
Damn... everyone else keeps getting dirty e-mails... I feel so left out.. lol...:bigrin:
I put something nice in your box.;)

hgf33
Aug 12, 2011, 11:20 AM
Haha! Leave it to Gearbox to always make people laugh!! :tong:

softfruit
Aug 12, 2011, 3:38 PM
It'd be lovely to be messaged by people who read the profiles and interact civilly in the threads, rather than people who've never said anything and only have a photo of their genitalia :)

However, about as much chance of that as of the people who private-message in the chat room actually talking in the room!

All makes me even happier that I have a good fistful of real-world places to meet bis.:flag1:

Annika L
Aug 12, 2011, 10:19 PM

Geary, you sweet sexy thing. My reaction has never been anywhere near distress, and I would hope my post made it clear that my reaction tends to be predominantly amusement. *kiss* :tongue: Thanks for the laugh!