PDA

View Full Version : Just found out that hubby of 5yrs is Bi...now what?

Michelle64
Aug 2, 2011, 2:14 PM
Hello, can anyone offer some marital advice on this subject. I love my husband so much and am perfectly okay with his choice, but I'm confused by it as well.

Is he able to fully love me? or will I always have to share his thoughts and affections with his best friend and now, apparently, lover ~

Any help would be appreciated
Michelle

love1234
Aug 2, 2011, 2:53 PM
Hello, can anyone offer some marital advice on this subject. I love my husband so much and am perfectly okay with his choice, but I'm confused by it as well.

Is he able to fully love me? or will I always have to share his thoughts and affections with his best friend and now, apparently, lover ~

Any help would be appreciated
Michelle
I would say he will fully love you and you have nothing to worry about.

Looks like you will be sharing him.

If he is playing safe everything should work out fine.

bigbadmax
Aug 2, 2011, 3:11 PM
Take a deep breath in, count to 10 and relax.

How long has he felt/known he's bi? Has he discussed prior to wedlock and recently or a bolt from the blue. Has he cheated on you? Were u aware or did it just happen?

Questions, questions.

The only ones who know the answers are you two.

My heart goes out to you.

Keep smiling

bbm

bigbadmax
Aug 2, 2011, 3:16 PM
I would say he will fully love you and you have nothing to worry about.

Looks like you will be sharing him.

If he is playing safe everything should work out fine.

Very narrow minded reply.

Just because its happened, does not meen that either party should accept it as a given. Without the full facts, judgement should not be passed.

Bbm

Gearbox
Aug 2, 2011, 3:21 PM
Are you sure you got that "Lover", part right?
Did your husband actually say that he has feelings for his best friend beyond sexual ones?

Michigan_cpl
Aug 2, 2011, 3:45 PM
hello there hope that this will help as i too am a married bisexual male.
i love my wife enough that i went to her and told her that i was bi,
it does not mean that i want to be with just men alone, i also would like for her to join in with us, now my wife is bi and we have a great time together and with the one that we choose to join us. we never play alone and we are open and honest with each other, and most of all we always play safe.

my love is for my wife only and will never be for the third person. it is just sex and that is it with no meaning. besides you can have the best of both worlds at once, you having two men at the same time. you can have alot of fun if you know what i mean.
hope that i have at least tried to help.

Realist
Aug 2, 2011, 4:22 PM
Michelle,

I have a cousin who's known his wife was bisexual since before they were married, about 40 years ago. He is not bisexual and does not play with his wife's lover. She has had a female lover since they married and they are happy. As far as I know, her bisexuality has never interfered in their relationship.

That does not mean you will, or will not, be happy, too......it's just to tell you that I know it can happen.

Jobelorocks
Aug 2, 2011, 5:24 PM
Now I have to say if he cheated on you and did things with his friend without your permission, that is wrong, selfish and unloving to you. But as a bisexual I can say I only love my husband and I love him so much and very fully.

bisocialnudist
Aug 2, 2011, 7:59 PM
While this news may seem quite a shock, mixed orientation marriages where one spouse is gay/bisexual or lesbian can be fabulous relationships. There is a process that one needs to go through to get there. Lots of baby steps, communication and support from others who have been there.

I have been married 30 years and adore my wife she is my best friend and soul mate the fact that I am bisexual does nothing to take away from all we have together. Take your time don't make any rash decisions.

Good luck, know that there are lots of people who end up with very positive marriages in your situation. When you stop and really think about it a lot of the things that you love about your husband could well be related to the kinder gentler person that often seems to come with GLBT folks.

Mark

bigbadmax
Aug 2, 2011, 8:12 PM
and really think about it a lot of the things that you love about your husband could well be related to the kinder gentler person that often seems to come with GLBT folks.

Mark

Gentler my arse- dont know what they like in your parts, but gays and lezzers are the bitchiest back stabbers of any community of the uk!

DrBimind
Aug 2, 2011, 8:38 PM
Relax and keep the communication lines very open...I'm a bi husband who loves only my wife of 30+ yrs but like you, when I finally told her her I was bi from the start she was worried that I would leave her for a lover. Since then we have swung together, alone and have bi play ourselves (strap on etc..) we are a normal couple with normal issues but we talk open and honestly with each other and I think are closer then most married couples we know. Take it slow and easy, without pre-judging and you guys should be fine..Doc

pantytimbmd
Sep 17, 2011, 5:26 AM
It simply means he likes what you like, a nice hard cock. Sex and love are two different things. He can enjoy sex with a man without loving him. I have oral sex only with other men. I don't enjoy kissing other guys nor do I want any type of anal play. Find out what he likes and enjoy it together. Would'nt you like two men to play with at the same time? Share giving a blowjob with him and always play together.

DuckiesDarling
Sep 17, 2011, 10:59 PM
Sweetie, he is still the same man he was before he told you. Has he loved you fully? Yes, can he continue to love you fully? Yes. There are a lot of differences in how this can play out, is his bisexuality something that is emotional as well as physical? Those are the things you need to discuss with your husband. I wish you good luck and welcome to this forums :)