PDA

View Full Version : THE FUCKED UP BISEXUAL COMMUNITY . . .

djones
Jul 29, 2011, 6:36 PM
The Fucked Up Bisexual Community . . . . Totally ROCKS ! ! !

Just have to say that in the past several weeks there have been a lot of engaging threads in the Forum here - not just the usual "best way to rim ?", or "who likes their ass fucked ?", or "do women like to spank men in panties ?", etc. type of posts. I'm just happy that we have a place where we can engage in discussion - usually civil - and voice our opinions and differences, as well as share blow job advice (the sex polls and other posts are all part of the fun too !).

Its nice to see that the posts on here are as diverse as the people that make up the Bisexual world.

Thanks to all who share in the discussions we have been having lately.

So - what are some of your favourite things about the Bisexual community (beside the fact that Bisexuals are better than everybody else - we'll take that as a given) ?

NotLostJustWandering
Jul 30, 2011, 1:57 AM
I guess my main thought about bisexual community is the same as Mahatma Gandhi's about Western civilization: it would be a good idea.

Long Duck Dong
Jul 30, 2011, 4:02 AM
my thoughts are simple...... there is a community out there in the world... and there is a website here..... in here we preach acceptance and tolerance, out there we practise it

Katja
Jul 30, 2011, 4:31 AM
my thoughts are simple...... there is a community out there in the world... and there is a website here..... in here we preach acceptance and tolerance, out there we practise it

Don't talk such utter tosh. There is a great deal of acceptance and tolerance on this site, just as there is in the community of the real world. There is also in both instance a great deal of nastiness and appalling bigotry.

Long Duck Dong
Jul 30, 2011, 5:07 AM
Don't talk such utter tosh. There is a great deal of acceptance and tolerance on this site, just as there is in the community of the real world. There is also in both instance a great deal of nastiness and appalling bigotry.

like your acceptance of my opinion ????? cos the first thing you did was rubbish my opinion.... instead of accepting it and posting your own thoughts about the bisexual community......

out in the real world, my friends would have sat down and we would have talked about the different ways we see things, instead of rubbishing people for having a opinion that differs from our own...

that is the difference between this site, and the real world.....

Doggie_Wood
Jul 30, 2011, 6:29 AM
(Doggie wakes up after a long sleep)

Are we there, yet?:bigrin:

elian
Jul 30, 2011, 6:45 AM
The MOST loving thing we can do is listen, not offer advice, not chastise other people -but simply listen .. and after having heard what they are really saying (or maybe what they are feeling BEHIND the words) then speak.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uOWr0DD-GHg

Katja
Jul 30, 2011, 6:47 AM
like your acceptance of my opinion ????? cos the first thing you did was rubbish my opinion.... instead of accepting it and posting your own thoughts about the bisexual community......

out in the real world, my friends would have sat down and we would have talked about the different ways we see things, instead of rubbishing people for having a opinion that differs from our own...

I accept both that you hold that opinion and that you have the right to express it. Indeed I shall defend your right to believe and say it. The forums of this site, darling, are the equivalent of doing what people do in the real world. People sitting down and discussing issues and how they see them.

If I wish to rubbish what you say then I indeed shall do so. In the normal way of things, I would make a detailed argument as to why your opinion is in error, but when you made such a bland, ill-thought out, unqualified and all encompassing statement as you did, then you should have accompanied it with a little more information which may have made me take a different view. As it was, to say the outside world practices what is preached on this site is simply tosh. Sometimes it does, often it does not.

This site is but a reflection of the world outside, and in fact, when looking at that outside world, the contributors to these forums practice a much greater degree of tolerance and acceptance than is ever seen in the outside world, even in what are described as the liberal democracies, which are supposedly such resolute defenders of freedom of speech.

Long Duck Dong
Jul 30, 2011, 7:00 AM
if you wanted to, you could sit down and rubbish my opinion based on your view of the world in the uk when I live in NZ and we have a different culture and way of life.......

I have lost count of the times my sharing of life in NZ has been rubbished by people cos in the UK, US, Canada etc cos in their countries its different, and therefore I am wrong cos in ontario, britain, scotland, new york, etc, something different is going on......
the largest city in NZ has just over a million people...NZ has just over 4 million people.... we do not compare to cities of over 10 million or countries of over 100 million people

that is what i originally said, this is a website, out there is the world, here we preach, out there we practise..... and in NZ, there is a lot more acceptance and tolerance cos there has to be, there is simply not the numbers to divide and conquer

elian
Jul 30, 2011, 7:13 AM
Funny story, I view working through these posts as a mental activity similar to spiritual work so when I read LDD's initial remark I didn't see it as a derogatory remark about this site..

Although I'm no where near as successful as I'd like to be I literally do exactly what he says - I ground and motivate myself here, and then try very hard to go out into the real world and practice what I preach.

Knowing that there is a whole group of people out there (you guys) who are accepting of people's diversity is one source of inspiration.

tenni
Jul 30, 2011, 8:36 AM
"in here we preach acceptance and tolerance, out there we practise it"

A bit too high and mighty preacher man.

I prefer to read a person's thoughts when they use the first person singular pronoun "I" rather than feeling entitled to use the first person plural pronoun "we".

Not one of us has been elected to speak for the rest of us.

When someone feels entitled to express their opinion as my opinion by using the pronoun "we", they are attempting to diminish my value to speak for myself. "I" can note commonality of opinions being expressed just as "you" can. I can accept your opinion or question it.

Please do not arrogantly state that "your" opinion is "our" opinion by using the pronoun, "we".

This is particularly offensive when I have found your thoughts/posts to be an attack on some sexual bisexual men who live differently than you do. Especially, when I have found some of your asexual views of some sexual bisexual men to be those of a bigot who has shown no tolerance for sexual bisexual men. You have driven some sexual bisexual men away from this site with your intolerant posts.

Long Duck Dong
Jul 30, 2011, 9:01 AM
"in here we preach acceptance and tolerance, out there we practise it"

I prefer to read a person's thoughts when they use the first person singular pronoun "I" rather than feeling entitled to use the first person plural pronoun "we".

Not one of us has been elected to speak for the rest of us.

When someone feels entitled to express their opinion as my opinion by using the pronoun "we", they are attempting to diminish my value to speak for myself. "I" can note commonality of opinions being expressed just as "you" can. I can accept your opinion or question it.

Please do not arrogantly state that "your" opinion is "our" opinion by using the pronoun, "we".

This is particularly offensive when I have found your thoughts/posts to be an attack on some sexual bisexual men who live differently than you do. Especially, when I have found some of your asexual views of some sexual bisexual men to be those of a bigot who has shown no tolerance for sexual bisexual men.

get over it and deal with it......cos I have lost count of the members that have been clear in their posts about your attitude towards people in the site, IE rissababy, who you hounded until she quit the site in tears, after you hounded her on the forums and then pmed her constantly to apologize....

elian
Jul 30, 2011, 9:57 AM
Tenni, it is true that no one person can truthfully speak the opinion of a group as large as all of the members on this site, but why can't LDD be entitled to imagine what he thinks most people would say? Just as you are entitled to voice your own opinion in disagreement?

Katja
Jul 30, 2011, 10:49 AM
Funny story, I view working through these posts as a mental activity similar to spiritual work so when I read LDD's initial remark I didn't see it as a derogatory remark about this site..

Although I'm no where near as successful as I'd like to be I literally do exactly what he says - I ground and motivate myself here, and then try very hard to go out into the real world and practice what I preach.

Knowing that there is a whole group of people out there (you guys) who are accepting of people's diversity is one source of inspiration.

Perhaps I am a great deal more cynical and sceptical than you are, for I can be both cynical and extremely sceptical. Observation of life and those around us has made me that way. I did not read his remark as you did, and doubts still remain in my mind, but I will accept LDD's explanation. It was not the comment about preaching tolerance on the site which made me comment, but that of the outside world practicing it.

Pasadenacpl2
Jul 30, 2011, 10:58 AM
Geesus...really? Even here on this thread you have to find a reason to attack LDD? We get it. To sum up, so hopefully we don't eever have to hear it again:

1. Tenni does not like anyone but "actual" bisexuals speaking on this site.
2. Tenni doesn't like LDD or DD
3. Tenni is a bigot and will take any opportunity to attack any of the above.

If we all sign a document that says we stipulate the above as a forgone conclusion, can we then get Tenni to agree to shut the fuck up about it and actually spare us from his fucked up crusdade?

Pasa

djones
Jul 30, 2011, 12:26 PM
Guys Guys, Guys ! ! ! P L E A S E ! ! !

Let us try to keep things positive - and on topic !

So, again, I ask, What are some of your favourite things about the Bisexual Community ?

Gearbox
Jul 30, 2011, 1:05 PM
Well it's varied. Got to give it that!:bigrin:

I actually like that bisexuality surfaces as a mixed bag of sexual/emotional persuasions. But that's really a positive thing! I have to discover what I like for myself, without resorting to anybody else telling me.
There's no blueprint to how I should act,feel,express,enjoy etc etc:)

I've met a lot of other bi men. Some similar to me, and some very different. I can't claim to understand WHY there are differences, but I can guarantee that nobody gives a toss about being different. I know I don't!;)

The best thing about bisexuality is finding out what works for you with fewer limits than any other sexuality.

Annika L
Jul 30, 2011, 1:45 PM
Despite my willingness to defend it, I have struggled with my own opinions of bisexuality.

I have described my own bisexuality to many as a curse, or at least as a 2-edged sword. But it is only a curse in that it conflicts with my instincts toward monogamy (which in turn serve my deeper needs for safety and emotional stability).

I have said in other threads that I find it difficult to "take pride" in my bisexuality. But that is very different from feeling shame over it...I do not have shame over my sexuality. Rather, I view it as a part of me, and not a defining part...I would also not feel pride in my arm, or my neck, nor in my taste in food. It happens to be a part that, like my taste in food, can be inconvenient at times.

But lately I've been thinking more deeply about the whole "pride" thing. My policy generally has been that I do not announce my bisexuality, or wear it on my sleeve...but neither do I hide it: if someone seems to infer from my partnership arrangement that I am a lesbian, I do try to correct that notion. Recent discussions here have made me ask myself "why"? It's not truly for political reasons, although there are good political reasons why I should. Since I'm in a monogamous relationship, it's not to announce to men "hey, even though I'm with a woman, I'm still a viable potential sex partner!" Correcting a person on my sexuality is certainly uncomfortable for both them and for me. So *why* do I bother to do it?

I've concluded that it *is* because of pride. I value the fact that I am open-minded enough to consider sexual qualities and attractiveness of both sexes. I value the flexibility that it gives me (at least in theory). I relate my bisexuality to the fact that when I flirt with a person, I'm flirting with the whole person, not just with the bits that make them male or female (I know straight and gay people can say the same...I'm not saying it's rational to relate my bisexuality to this, but I do). In general, I relate my bisexuality to my ability to think flexibly, to think outside the box, to think for myself, and to not be tied down by society's conventions, restrictions, or opinions (I do let myself be tied down by my own restrictions and opinions, but that is quite different...I also let myself be tied down by my partner, but that's yummy!).

So I guess what I love about bisexuals (not "the bisexual community" per se, because as Atiq and others point out, that community either doesn't exist, or isn't sufficiently well-defined to be able to make statements about it), is our ability to represent (if not always embody) non-conformity, open-mindedness, rebellion, and independence of thought. Hah, no wonder such a group can't organize itself! :tong: (But keep in mind also the other side of that sword: ...and no wonder people fear us.)

silberwolf1960
Jul 30, 2011, 3:10 PM
Ok here we go. I want to make it clear that I don't play the flame game, nor do I play the blame game. Now that is in the open, I always thought these forums were for discussing opinions and ideas, not for making or insinuating or trashing others on this community.
But for some that is not the case. I have been in this community for a number of years and have seen some terrible shit that vsome members do in these forums for the sake of being just a plain cock with ears. I'll admit I have hurt some folks and ask for their forgiveness, but now my meds have been changed and I am working through what happened to me and my brethren in the war. But to hound someone till they leave this site in tears is fucking bullshit and if you haven't got the common decency to let those with their own opinion to voice it and reply without being an ass, then you are lower than whaleshit in my eyes. I love this place and I love alot of the folks here whether they love me or not. So if ya can't reply to a post with a decent opinion then keep your fucking fingers off the keyboard.:2cents:

Annika L
Jul 30, 2011, 3:15 PM

So, again, I ask, What are some of your favourite things about the Bisexual Community ?

*cough* Um, silber?

hgf33
Jul 30, 2011, 3:25 PM
GOOD GRIEF PEOPLE!! SERIOUSLY!! I love my fellow bisexuals, but dammit some of you make me crazy!!

Try this:
Read a post, take it for face value, respond with your own personal opinion, let others respond with their own personal opinions, and then stfu and enjoy! :bigrin:

I'm sorry djones. I completely understood what you were trying to do here! You wanted people to post what they liked about the community, and by the sounds of it, the community of this website in particular.

Did you get that? Post what you like. Not attack what someone else likes, or rant about what you dislike. POST WHAT YOU LIKE. Hmm, not a difficult concept, I don't think.

I think maybe some of you are just angry inside and need to calm the fuck down!

We don't have to argue and debate about everything!! I was hoping to finally see a nice, calm, positive thread for once, and I think that's what djones was trying for!

SO, now that I've said all of that, here's what I like about the bisexual community!

-We may not always get along, but the discussions and debates help us think and grow. I'm a former writer who hasn't done any writing for a few years. Participating in these forums has helped me get that back a little. I enjoy it. Not to mention, the brain is just another muscle that needs to be exercised. Our brains are getting a workout here!

-We are all adults. We can disagree on some things, but agree on others. No harm, no foul. I am the type of person who always plays devil's advocate and considers all sides and opinions. And it's ok to change where you stand on a subject whenever you want. I may want to tear someone to bits about one topic, and be their best friend on another. As adults, we should all be able to do this. I can't speak for EVERYONE, there is immaturity in every section of the earth, but for the most part, I appreciate that we can discuss things and still move on without too much ill will. That's what being an adult is about. Realize that everyone has opinions, and they're not going to all match up with yours... and that's ok!

-My favorite thing about the bisexual community is that it is probably the most multi-faceted group in the world! Not only are we interested in both sexes, but we also have an entire scale in between. We're not all 50-50 bisexuals... hell some of us don't even identify as bisexuals, per se. It's an umbrella term, and the cool thing is, we are all together in whatever we are underneath that umbrella, and to me that's fascinating and exciting! Some of us are poly, some of us are monogamous. Some of us just really like sex, with anyone, some of us are bi but only really prefer one gender. Some of us are fluid. Some days I feel a little more straight, some days I feel a little more gay. Some people might prefer one gender for relationships, and one gender for sex. Some people love both, some people just want sex with both. Some are transgendered. Some aren't sexual at all. I could go on forever! It's like this big, giant safe-lock combination and the possibilities are limitless. The bisexual community is full of so many different people, different lifestyles, different preferences, and different feelings, but with many similarities, which is what makes it a community.

I love myself, I love my sexuality. You don't all have to. To each his own. I'm ok with that, and you should be too. I love you guys. I'm bi... I'm a lover, not a fighter! We're a family here, and hey maybe that's why we fight so much, haha! But we just need to each take a deep breath and do a little more listening and considering, and a little less jumping down each other's throats! (Or a little more? teehee ;))

I hope you all have an amazing weekend!! :grouphug:

hgf33
Jul 30, 2011, 3:28 PM

Just have to say that in the past several weeks there have been a lot of engaging threads in the Forum here - not just the usual "best way to rim ?", or "who likes their ass fucked ?", or "do women like to spank men in panties ?", etc. type of posts. I'm just happy that we have a place where we can engage in discussion - usually civil - and voice our opinions and differences, as well as share blow job advice (the sex polls and other posts are all part of the fun too !).

Its nice to see that the posts on here are as diverse as the people that make up the Bisexual world.

So - what are some of your favourite things about the Bisexual community (beside the fact that Bisexuals are better than everybody else - we'll take that as a given) ?

Oh, and by the way... LOVE this! Very well said... especially the last part! :bigrin:

silberwolf1960
Jul 30, 2011, 4:37 PM
I do apologize. I really do love being Bi and I love the Bi community. Where else can one feel love with both ladies and men.
It's like a big grab bag, ya reach in,move your hand around and you' re happy with what comes out. I think it's a whole lot better than loving just one sex.
And I have been Bi my whole life and it's a wonderful life, I don't think it be summed up until you are finally happy with yourself and happy with your sexuality, and believe me I'm good with that.
Take my advice pull down your pants and slide on the ice.
Dr. Sidney Friedman.
:bibounce:

AdamKadmon43
Jul 30, 2011, 5:22 PM

I have some thoughts on this subject, but I am not going to post them. It would just cause them to jump all over my ass like they always do.

drugstore cowboy
Jul 30, 2011, 6:15 PM
Geesus...really? Even here on this thread you have to find a reason to attack LDD? We get it. To sum up, so hopefully we don't eever have to hear it again:

1. Tenni does not like anyone but "actual" bisexuals speaking on this site.
2. Tenni doesn't like LDD or DD
3. Tenni is a bigot and will take any opportunity to attack any of the above.

Pasa

Tenni is not an actual bigot.

Then again you like to claim that biphobia and bisexual erasure aren't real things or don't actually happen and that only homophobia is damaging to people all while being heterophobic and claiming that most heterosexuals somehow hate bisexuals, gay men and everyone that's not GLBT. ;) :rolleyes:

Tenni just does not like how LDD is completely asexual and has no sexual attraction to anyone at all yet he likes to pretend he's bisexual and how his girlfriend DD is a heterosexual woman who also claims to speak for bisexuals when neither LDD or DD are bisexual at all, and LDD is not Trans or a hermaphrodite at all despite wanting to pretend that he is.

Other people besides Tenni do get annoyed at how frequently LDD and DD post and tend to gang up on people who they don't agree with or who dare to write something that they personally don't agree with like how Katja did in another post with her common sense and LDD took it personally and flipped out.

beside the fact that Bisexuals are better than everybody else - we'll take that as a given

No sexuality is somehow the "best" or lack of sexuality in the case of asexuals like LDD, means that someone is "better than everyone else". Get over yourself. :rolleyes:

I'm bisexual and so is my husband but we don't think that we're better than people who are Heterosexual, gay, or lesbian.

hgf33
Jul 30, 2011, 8:07 PM
No sexuality is somehow the "best" or lack of sexuality in the case of asexuals like LDD, means that someone is "better than everyone else". Get over yourself. :rolleyes:

Omg really?! He wasn't seriously up on some high horse saying bisexuals are better, he was being lighthearted for the sake of boosting moral.

Get a sense of humor!

hgf33
Jul 30, 2011, 8:09 PM
Oops, *morale.

niftyshellshock
Jul 30, 2011, 8:15 PM
y'all be posting in a troll thread.

also, I agree with Pasa.

Long Duck Dong
Jul 30, 2011, 10:15 PM

same as I said before..... this is a site, we preach.... out there, is the real world, we practice.....

from the 17 year old bisexual female in the wheelchair, to the 84 year old bisexual male with complete impotency... from the 32 year old bisexual female with infertility, to the 48 year old male with early onset dementia.....

some of my friends, all bisexual, and all as accepting of me as a asexual natured, intersex, depressive disorder ( not trans or hermaphrodite ) bisexual male that has been with males and females....as I am of them........

this site has been a source of friendship, laughter, jokes, tears and friendship..... and talk about dealing with lifes ups and downs...... and out there in the life, I have had the chance to see the other side of bisexuality.... the human aspect and the less than perfect aspect of being human......

it is those friends in this site and the real world that helped me stand strong after the death of my sister and her partner, from aids..... and those friends that constantly remind me that bisexuality is more than sex, cocks and pussy.... its the people around us, less than prefect, that are our community......

even time I see threads about bisexual / LBGT visibility, acceptance and tolerance.... I think to myself, do we practice it or do we just preach it......

I for one, practice it..... every day... in the real world, cos if it doesn't start with us... then we do not have a community

hgf33
Jul 31, 2011, 12:32 AM
For what it's worth, LDD, I understood what you meant. I think everyone took it the wrong way. Seems to happen a lot here. *sigh*

djones
Jul 31, 2011, 1:13 AM
Omg really?! He wasn't seriously up on some high horse saying bisexuals are better, he was being lighthearted for the sake of boosting moral.

Get a sense of humor!

Light hearted is what I'm all about ! Thanks for noticing !

djones
Jul 31, 2011, 1:17 AM
y'all be posting in a troll thread.

A troll thread ? No trolls in this thread. Arguments, yes. Trolls, no.

Thanks to everyone for bringing us back to topic - Lets hear more of your favourite things about the Bisexual Community . . .

Katja
Jul 31, 2011, 5:15 AM
A troll thread ? No trolls in this thread. Arguments, yes. Trolls, no.

Thanks to everyone for bringing us back to topic - Lets hear more of your favourite things about the Bisexual Community . . .

I have a favourite thing dj, but I think she would be very embarrassed if I said who she was. Besides, she doesn't know herself.;)

elian
Jul 31, 2011, 9:37 AM
That people are generally more accepting? <cough cough> I guess I need to go meet more bisexual people to figure it out better..

tenni
Jul 31, 2011, 9:54 AM
Elian
My point is that this man preaches but does not practice tolerance and acceptance. He seems incapable of empathy and acceptance that sexual bisexual men are not like him. He is entitled to imagine whatever he wishes but not entitled to voice it in the plural. I am entitled to point out his hypocracy. It is the same hypocracy that I have found when a lot of people espouse an ideal and yet fail to live up to the expectations that they have of others.

Pasa
You seem to believe that it is fucked up to have bisexuals speak about themselves amongst themselves. You seem to believe that there is no such thing as bi erasure or bi invisibility. Ok..we differ. At least neither of us is attempting to speak on behalf of both of us.
I would like to believe in acceptance and tolerance of my sexuality in all of its ranges. I am inclined to believe though that those who call themselves bisexual are probably more than one group. Some bisexuals struggle with a monosexual morality that they were raised with. I do believe that we seem to need to have labels to identify ourselves when we find ourselves falling outside of those monosexual beliefs. . Some bisexuals who post on this site would like to believe that labels are not needed. Maybe, some bisexuals are just idealists and such thoughts have nothing to do with their bisexuality?

I would state that one of the most wonderful things that I discovered on this site was that it was ok to have sexual fluidity.

I'm also aware that this site is not a bisexual community. At times lots of threads about the mechanics of sexuality with more about m2m sex than otherwise. That is all good. Lots of unspoken voices use the site as a sexual meeting place and some who post wish to ignore that aspect. Some have used it as a crutch for other things going on in their life. Some have dominated with excessive postings about matters that have nothing to do with bisexuality. Some have asked for help and prayers about things that have little or nothing to do with bisexuality. Some have formed alliances and cliques as may be expected on a social network.

ErosUrge
Jul 31, 2011, 11:35 AM
Wow!...I was going to grab some of the posts here that are more inspirational...and there are a lot of positive comments here. I certainly cannot speak for everyone and I try my best to realize this though I know I fail from time to time. The wide spectrum of all here is actually refreshing even when I disagree with some. I find myself on the defense at times simply because my own sexuality or sexual activities has been ridiculed though not recently.

The part of the world I live in and particularly in this metro area of close to 2 million is not ready to accept bisexuality out in the open. Gays though they have difficulty here enjoy more acceptance than someone who claims to be bi. There certainly is no group amassed against bi people in the area; it's just that when it is discussed openly the comments are not very favorable.

So, I treasure this site for sharing a spectrum of ideas, thoughts, feelings, opinions.

There are some according to the Kinsey scale that are more hetero with some leanings toward bi, some more gay with some leanings towards bi and supposedly some right at the midpoint or mostly bi....and some who are straight and some gay....it is an open format and we all have a right to express ourselves here. Attacks are not productive but sometimes they reveal where we are or who we are.

Though I have never been more at peace than the day that I completely embraced I am bi and attacked by both gays and straights for being bi (and other bi people on this site too), I have never claimed nor will ever claim that my sexuality is superior to others. This is where so much trouble happens. When I can step away from such a temptation and accept others for their sexuality, it promotes acceptance. Of course there will always be those who state their sexuality is superior; that monogamy is superior or that polyamory is superior, but this does nothing more than divide us.

I am pleased to have this site and respect the different situations, places that we reside in, opinions, etc....listening to all of you allows me to think about my own way of looking at things and possibly grow because of it.....

ErosUrge
Jul 31, 2011, 11:55 AM
My apologies for all the deleted posts, but for some strange reason when I tried my final posting for what did appear at the end, I had several of the same message get posted before editing....it would not post and I pressed the send message tab over and over again. As a result, several of the same one were posted; hence all the deletions.

Pasadenacpl2
Jul 31, 2011, 12:36 PM
Elian
My point is that this man preaches but does not practice tolerance and acceptance. He seems incapable of empathy and acceptance that sexual bisexual men are not like him. He is entitled to imagine whatever he wishes but not entitled to voice it in the plural. I am entitled to point out his hypocracy. It is the same hypocracy that I have found when a lot of people espouse an ideal and yet fail to live up to the expectations that they have of others.

Pasa
You seem to believe that it is fucked up to have bisexuals speak about themselves amongst themselves. You seem to believe that there is no such thing as bi erasure or bi invisibility. Ok..we differ. At least neither of us is attempting to speak on behalf of both of us.
I would like to believe in acceptance and tolerance of my sexuality in all of its ranges. I am inclined to believe though that those who call themselves bisexual are probably more than one group. Some bisexuals struggle with a monosexual morality that they were raised with. I do believe that we seem to need to have labels to identify ourselves when we find ourselves falling outside of those monosexual beliefs. . Some bisexuals who post on this site would like to believe that labels are not needed. Maybe, some bisexuals are just idealists and such thoughts have nothing to do with their bisexuality?

I would state that one of the most wonderful things that I discovered on this site was that it was ok to have sexual fluidity.

I'm also aware that this site is not a bisexual community. At times lots of threads about the mechanics of sexuality with more about m2m sex than otherwise. That is all good. Lots of unspoken voices use the site as a sexual meeting place and some who post wish to ignore that aspect. Some have used it as a crutch for other things going on in their life. Some have dominated with excessive postings about matters that have nothing to do with bisexuality. Some have asked for help and prayers about things that have little or nothing to do with bisexuality. Some have formed alliances and cliques as may be expected on a social network.

What you have described is a community.

What it is not, is your idea of a community, where only bisexuals get to talk and all others should just shut up and silently support us. :rolleyes: Yes, I believe your vision of what should be is fucked up.

I do believe that bi-erasure and bi-invisibility exist. Don't know where you got the idea that I didn't. What I said was: it isn't nearly as big a deal as the job/home/marriage issues that ALL LGBT folks face. When we can all get married as we choose, and be out without fear of recrimination, THEN I'll worry about assholes who tell be 'bi now/gay later.' Until such a time, they affect my feelings, but not my rights.

Pasa

NYC - Curious
Jul 31, 2011, 1:25 PM
..it's a natural progression. Think about the general public's viewpoint of sex from the early 1900's to early 1970's - better yet, think about what people were WILLING to admit about their sexuality during that time. It's great that what once was considered taboo is now commonplace. I think that eventually, society's view point on sex will liberal as the ancient Egyptians, 3000BC! haha. Love and respect to the risk-takers willing to fight for who they are.

Emunahd
Aug 2, 2011, 12:40 AM
For me, this online community has been a lifesaver. I am more than grateful for the honesty and humor shown to me in my particular situation, especially from some of the members who are arguing on this thread, lol!

Everyone here is very passionate with their beliefs and opinions and are not afraid to show it. Rock on!!

by~his~side
Aug 2, 2011, 10:24 AM
Pictures.
I like the pictures on this site. :tong:

~D~

matutum
Sep 28, 2011, 12:37 PM

I have experienced the same thing as you have Long Duck.Except by someone who claims to be very excepting of others opinions>cudos to you!

Dead Account
Sep 28, 2011, 4:54 PM
I think the threads have definitely made a turn for the better. I like thought provoking conversation, after all, sex is easy to talk about, hell, everyone likes it in one form or another. I like to talk about spirituality (not religion, thats always a never ending argument with opinions all over the place), guitars (of course), or something deep and meaningful. Call me an old soul, but I love the simple things.