PDA

View Full Version : Difficulty in posting photos

R. R. Wayne
Jul 25, 2011, 2:13 PM
Geez. Why is this stuff so hard? I am trying to put up three photos and all I get is this error message

print_standard_error(...)
is now redundant. Instead, use
standard_error(fetch_error(...))

If I knew how to solve it
I'd be at IT professional instead of a 69 pro :)

HELP

**Peg**
Jul 25, 2011, 8:47 PM
first, make sure your photos conform to the size guidelines (max size 150kb). If not, resize them to that size (maximum 860 pixels x 860).

Then, despite the fact that it says you can upload 3 at a time, do each one singly.... click 'choose file' then 'upload'.

If you cannot get even one to upload, sign out of the site, delete your temporary internet files, check to make sure your java is uptodate (check here: http://www.java.com/en/download/installed.jsp) and update it if necessary.

then try to upload again

good luck
Peg

welickit
Jul 26, 2011, 10:55 AM
If the error refers to, "cyclic redundancy" when you try to transfer, then the files you are trying to transfer are either corrupt or in a format that is not understood.

As an example I can transfer a .mpg file and it is fine, if I try to transfer a file in .avi format it may or may not transfer. If I convert the file to .mpg all is well. Same applies to .jpg and .gif or ,tiff files. Some sites are no problem at all while others can be a challenge. :2cents:

welickit
Jul 26, 2011, 11:03 AM
As far as I know the file formats allowed for this site are:

Valid file extensions: bmp doc gif jpeg jpg pdf txt

The above is copied from this site. If your files meet the requirement for file format then I would agree with a size limit violation depending on whether your computer is updated.

welickit
Jul 26, 2011, 11:10 AM
Sorry but I forgot to ask the most obvious question.

Are the image files on a CD, DVD, flash drive etc. or are they physically located on the hard drive?