PDA

View Full Version : Heat Wave :(

Cherokee_Mountaincat
Jul 23, 2011, 3:40 PM
I worry about many of our members during this terrible heat wave back east and in the southern states. I have many friends and family in Oklahoma, and New York, Boston, and Vermont, and it concerns me about them. Many of our folks from here, live in Texas.
Stay safe My Loves, and keep as cool and comfortable as you possibly can.
So sound off folks. Let us know where you are, and How you are...please?
Concerned Cat :confused::smilies12

elian
Jul 23, 2011, 5:33 PM
I went for a walk in the state park today, I just couldn't stand being a slug at the keyboard anymore and I had a day off - temps in the car read 94-105F ext thermostat. Just brought plenty of water. I also painted some of the tar dripping down the siding from the top of the roof so it doesn't go any further..

Thankfully the A/C is holding out so far.. I guess Monday is supposed to be the coolest day so far - with temps only in the 80's, and then go back up and down again...

Driving back up from down south I could see what looked like a storm brewing but so far no luck. Maybe I should go try and find that rain stick...<grins>

bubbly
Jul 23, 2011, 6:24 PM
I took my boys to a movie today and when we got outta the van (and again when we left the theater)..we could barely keep our eyes open the heat was searing them through the eyelids. According to the Weather Channel it is 95 but feels like 106. I have always been a wimp when it comes to heat, but I don't remember the last time I felt like my eyes were frying....if ever.

Cherokee_Mountaincat
Jul 23, 2011, 11:14 PM
I have family and friends in San Antonio and friends in Kerrville, Austin, and El Paso, and I worry about all of them down there. Oklahoma has been having near record heat and my cousin lives and works there..
Just take care of yourselves loves, please? Having lived on the desert for so many years I Know what heat stroke or heat exhustion is like, so just be reallly careful out there..:}
Hugs and pecks..
Cat

love1234
Jul 24, 2011, 1:54 AM
We are in Florida and it seems way cooler than last summer so far.

I have been in Portland, Maine right near the Ocean in the summer and it seemed Much hotter than here.

Inland Maine at our mountain place well even hotter than Portland.

Some years Maine is spared the super hot summers when all below them are sweating it out. Those are the years everyone and their brother goes to Maine to get out of the heat and Maine business owners rake it in.

I have never been in Camden Maine, when it was hot at night. Wish we were in Camden, Maine right now. I love that little town. http://www.camdenme.org/
Winter, spring, summer or fall I love going to Camden.

bottom's up
Jul 24, 2011, 9:01 AM
PRECIOUS CAT,
DON'T WORRY ABOUT THIS SOUTHERN BOY, I'M GLAD SUMMER HAS FINALLY ARRIVED :cool:
IT'S A GREAT DAY TO BE ALIVE :tongue:

jackbirdjay
Jul 24, 2011, 9:33 AM
kids went away for the weekend at a lake. My wife and I spent the whole time naked. We both love it when it's hot we get so horny in the hot weather

elian
Jul 24, 2011, 2:25 PM
Being in heat isn't as much fun as I thought it would be. I wish I could find my !$%@ rain stick..

On a positive note it is mostly cloudy here today so it's hovering around 89-90F instead of 100+ with the sun..I even went out and mowed selected patches of lawn (the stuff that wasn't dry and dormant).

aisuhi
Jul 24, 2011, 7:49 PM
I live in DFW area acutally Fort worth. Today is sunday 24 july 2011. It reached 104 at our house today. Time now is 6:45 Pm, still 102 degrees. A week ago we reached 107 here at home. Its is down right hot. To hot for anything. Please be safe out side, take pleanty of breaks and drink lots of water and gatorade. Alcohol is not the thing to drink, it actually dehydrates you.

My only hope is that I dont have to go to hell. For I have done my time after living here all my life and dealing with this heat every year.
Maybe I am in hell for a bad deed in my past life.

Be safe all
take care
Aisuhi

twntexas
Jul 24, 2011, 11:19 PM
Well, as you might expect, its pretty damn hot here in San Antonio. And dry too... In fact, so dry that yesterday I saw two trees fighting over a dog. Speaking of dogs, my yellow Lab and Pekingneese are hanging out mostly in the house these days enjoying the AC. They run out for quick pee then come right back in. Cant wait for October when things start to cool off again.

codybear3
Jul 25, 2011, 10:25 AM
We got rain after about 100 days of heat and drought, but the temps this week are in the mid to high 90's.... :paw::paw:

jtisbi
Sep 1, 2011, 3:17 PM
Heat wave continues down here in Texas; might cool down to high-90s next week.

falcondfw
Sep 1, 2011, 4:10 PM
From July 2 - August something or other, we had 40 or 41 days in a row over 100 for highs. We missed the record by 2 or 3 days. Record is 42 in a row.

Since June 13, today is day 66 over 100. Supposed to be over 100 tomorrow and Saturday too. Sunday we have a cold front coming through. Expected high temperature - 99. The record for days over 100 in a summer is 69 (nice number. lol.). That is through to the start of fall on September 21. After Saturday, we will need 2 days to break the record. 2 days between now and September 21.

I love the Dallas-Fort Worth area, but the summers can be just brutal. This is one.

Katja
Sep 1, 2011, 4:32 PM
I may not wish to enjoy the same level of very high temperature many of you seem to be having but a little more than we have had this summer would be very nice thank you.

This summer so far in the UK has been the coolest in 18 years with a mean temperature of just 13.5C (56.3F) compared to 2010 which was 14.6C (58.28F). There have been very few days where temperatures have been other than cool anywhere although the south of England as usual have had the best of it.

This is the 6th summer consecutively the north of the UK has been predominantly cool and grey, and the 5th in a row elsewhere. So not everyone is having it hot. Enjoy it. We would love just a smidgeon of it, but September's forecast is for more of the same; cool, grey, damp with the occasional sunny spell.

After two seriously severely cold, stormy and miserable winters we need a little warmth and brightness to lift the gloom.

Cherokee_Mountaincat
Sep 1, 2011, 5:13 PM
Well I'm glad all of you are doing a mite better. I still worry about all of my friends down there, but I know ya'll have common sense and know to not play like a lizard (Not Our Liz) and stay in where its cooler..lol
And Muah to my fellow Misssip. guy, Bottom...:}
Keepin' cool Cat