PDA

View Full Version : Bi-osphere mtg in Los Angeles Wed 5/17

Mimi
May 16, 2006, 2:54 PM
Just wanted to remind people in LA about the Bi-osphere meeting tomorrow at the LA Gay & Lesbian Center from 8pm-9:30pm. This will be my first time going, so it'll be interesting to see what it's all about.

Here is the announcement on the Events tab: http://main.bisexual.com/forum/calendar.php?do=getinfo&e=63

Anyone interested in going?

Mimi :flag1:

MsDivineRaven
May 16, 2006, 2:56 PM
I'll be there... with bells on :tong:

CherryBlossom74
May 17, 2006, 3:20 AM
Before we can commit to going there, we need specifics as to what will occur and what it is all about. We have seen only vague references online and are curious to know what it's all about.

Mimi
May 17, 2006, 10:17 PM
Before we can commit to going there, we need specifics as to what will occur and what it is all about. We have seen only vague references online and are curious to know what it's all about.
well, like i said, this will be my first time. you can also check out their website: http://www.lagaycenter.org/site/c.mvI4IhNZJwE/b.1023119/k.ED26/Bisexual_Men__Women.htm.

the best way to find out is to go!!

mimi :flag1:

CherryBlossom74
May 17, 2006, 10:47 PM
well, like i said, this will be my first time. you can also check out their website: http://www.lagaycenter.org/site/c.mvI4IhNZJwE/b.1023119/k.ED26/Bisexual_Men__Women.htm.

the best way to find out is to go!!

I'd agree with you if I didn't have to travel so far through downtown LA, into old West Hollywood where the streets are cramped and ill-marked. So for us the best way is to ASK. LOL.

It sounds nice, and we'll go when we are not constrained by a rental and car damage next month.

Mimi
May 18, 2006, 1:25 AM
correction everyone: bi-osphere is the 2nd and *4th* wednesdays of every month, not 2nd and 3rd wednesdays. i just went tonight and was in a lively group with some nice trans folks because i thought it was the bi group! [blushes] :color: we had an interesting discussion nonetheless about the intersections of sexual orientation and gender identity. plus, i met one of the co-facilitators of the bi-osphere group, and he seems cool. so i look foward to going next week to the RIGHT group! :tong:

plus, i'm very glad i got to meet a member of this site tonight (even though we both came to the wrong group!). i hope that he comes next week!

p.s. cherryblossom, i hope that your transportation issues will be smoothed out so that you can come to hollywood for some bi dialogue. :)

CherryBlossom74
May 18, 2006, 4:46 AM
p.s. cherryblossom, i hope that your transportation issues will be smoothed out so that you can come to hollywood for some bi dialogue. :)

With it being on the 2 and 4th Wednesdays....oh boy. Now with work being how it is, we may not be able to come...Darn it! Unless the weeks lay themselves out so it falls on an "Off" Wednesday from work...

Fortunately, June we can go unless there are other constraints.