PDA

View Full Version : It's hot.

_Joe_
Jul 21, 2011, 4:43 PM
I'm in Texas, so I know hot. So hot the cows are trying to get out of their own leather pants. So hot if you tip a cow, it's cooked within 5 minutes on that side and you gotta tip him the other way. So hot those with thighs that rub have been warned not to wear jeans in fear spontaneous combustion. So hot if someone pees in the pool when you're next to them it actually gets colder. So hot I saw a bird using a potholder when pulling worms out of the ground. So hot I saw a dog walking after a cat instead of running.

and that's all I got, because it's too hot to think.

Realist
Jul 21, 2011, 5:14 PM
My old boss used to say, "It's hotter'n a hijacker's pistol!"

DuckiesDarling
Jul 21, 2011, 10:48 PM
Sorry Joe, it's too hot to think up anything witty. We had excessive heat warning for the entire state today and only enough rain down south to push the humidty up. Dewpoint was like 79....thank god for Central Air.

mikey3000
Jul 22, 2011, 12:14 AM
It reached 50 celsius here, 120 farenheit. Whew! It was so hot here I sweated out of orifaces I never knew existed before. :bigrin:

DuckiesDarling
Jul 22, 2011, 12:16 AM
Just watched David Letterman's Top Ten Reasons you know you're too hot...two stuck out to me.

#3 Instead of the maid, you are spending time with the pool boy (Schwarzenegger only)

#2 Every now and then your ass smells like bacon

lizard-lix
Jul 22, 2011, 8:44 AM
And here I thought living in Texas was SUPPOSED to feel like being in a convection oven :bigrin:

The scorpions are carrying signs that say "Will work for Water." (the damn beasties are over-running us, if it weren't for the cats, who think they are the BEST playtoys, we'd be wading in them - it must be worth the risk of suicide by feline to get indoors lol).

Or as the idiots say "Is it hot enough for ya?"

_Joe_
Jul 22, 2011, 9:15 AM
Its so hot in Texas, swimming pools are being stolen! (http://www.star-telegram.com/2011/07/21/3237210/swimming-pool-stolen-in-richland.html)

lizard-lix
Jul 22, 2011, 9:19 AM
Its so hot in Texas, swimming pools are being stolen! (http://www.star-telegram.com/2011/07/21/3237210/swimming-pool-stolen-in-richland.html)

awww that just ain't right!

OTOH, is the reporter silly or simply stupid? "The thieves would have to provide water because the pool was empty at the time it was taken."

Well hell, if it was full would they have just tossed the water in the bed of the pickup?????

**Peg**
Jul 22, 2011, 1:00 PM
sure is !

csrakate
Jul 22, 2011, 1:15 PM
What on earth is that, Peg? I don't recognize that animal!

Realist
Jul 22, 2011, 1:31 PM
A black squirrel?

ErosUrge
Jul 22, 2011, 2:47 PM
Yes it's hot!....but yesterday while watching the weather it was reported that in Chicago it was 93 at 3am....sheesh!...I feel very fortunate that in the area where I live where we're used to hot weather we at least don't have that going on. Here by 3am it's 78 to 80 and by the time 7am rolls around it's around 76....at least we have a break.

Cherokee_Mountaincat
Jul 22, 2011, 4:13 PM
Try to keep cool, Loves. And please send some of that up this way! :}
Cool hugs to you all..:}
Cat