PDA

View Full Version : Caylee's Law

Gttuner17
Jul 15, 2011, 11:28 AM
http://www.gazette.net/article/20110715/NEWS/707159682/1034/1034/some-lawmakers-qusetion-need-for-caylee-s-law&template=gazette

http://www.miamiherald.com/2011/07/07/2304162/lawmakers-push-for-caylees-law.html

Guys I know it was horrible what happened to Caylee, and yes I would like to help her out, but this law isnt the way to do it. There are too many loopholes where innocent parents can get charges.

littlerayofsunshine
Jul 15, 2011, 11:40 AM
bills aren't passed automatically just because someone wants it done. So most loopholes will be closed before it can be passed, it will keep getting sent back and reintroduced.

I do think a law like this needs to be in place. It is a shame it has to be done, but as society changes and new variables come into play. Laws must be adjusted too.

jamieknyc
Jul 15, 2011, 11:44 AM
A legislator in New York proposed a law to ban bills for laws named after crime victims (Megan's Law, Kendra's Law, Caylee's Law, etc.).

littlerayofsunshine
Jul 15, 2011, 11:46 AM
A legislator in New York proposed a law to ban bills for laws named after crime victims (Megan's Law, Kendra's Law, Caylee's Law, etc.).

Oh really? What's his reasoning or do you have a link? Why stop there and lets stop naming alot of stuff after people. Like presidents, veterans and those K.I.A?

jamieknyc
Jul 15, 2011, 11:48 AM
Oh really? What's his reasoning or do you have a link? Why stop there and lets stop naming alot of stuff after people. Like presidents, veterans and those K.I.A?

It was a her, bu the idea of the proposal was that ill-advised laws are passed on the emotional appeal of being named something like 'Caylee's Law."

littlerayofsunshine
Jul 15, 2011, 11:51 AM
Thank you Jamie. I don't know how many people would agree with her, but alot of laws began no matter the name of the law based on outrage and outpouring. *Shrugs*

fredtyg
Jul 15, 2011, 12:42 PM
Radley Balko explains why Caylee's Law is a bad idea:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/07/11/caylees-law-casey-anthony-_n_893953.html

love1234
Jul 16, 2011, 3:40 PM
It was a her, bu the idea of the proposal was that ill-advised laws are passed on the emotional appeal of being named something like 'Caylee's Law."
Mob rule. That's how democracy (demon-crazy) works. Like the Spanish American war. You blow up your ship kill some of your own people blame someone with your media (propaganda machine). People are out raged! They want blood and you send your troops off and murder a million people in the Philippines because Wall Street wants their sugar. Business is booming lots of creeps are getting rich.

Mob gets their blood, Wall Street gets their cheap Sugar and the bankers all get richer loaning the government money for the war.

"War is a Racket"
"I spent 33 years and 4 months in active service as a member of our country's most agile military force--the Marine Corps. I served in all commissioned ranks from second lieutenant to Major General. And during that period I spent most of my time being a high-class muscle man for Big Business, for Wall Street and for the bankers. In short, I was a racketeer for capitalism. I suspected I was part of a racket all the time. Now I am sure of it. Like all members of the military profession I never had an original thought until I left the service." Major General Smedley D. Butler USMC http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/article4377.htm

wanderingrichard2
Jul 16, 2011, 10:02 PM
Mob rule. That's how democracy (demon-crazy) works. Like the Spanish American war. You blow up your ship kill some of your own people blame someone with your media (propaganda machine). People are out raged! They want blood and you send your troops off and murder a million people in the Philippines because Wall Street wants their sugar. Business is booming lots of creeps are getting rich.

Mob gets their blood, Wall Street gets their cheap Sugar and the bankers all get richer loaning the government money for the war.

"War is a Racket"
"I spent 33 years and 4 months in active service as a member of our country's most agile military force--the Marine Corps. I served in all commissioned ranks from second lieutenant to Major General. And during that period I spent most of my time being a high-class muscle man for Big Business, for Wall Street and for the bankers. In short, I was a racketeer for capitalism. I suspected I was part of a racket all the time. Now I am sure of it. Like all members of the military profession I never had an original thought until I left the service." Major General Smedley D. Butler USMC http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/article4377.htm

and this is relevant to the topic how?

love1234
Jul 17, 2011, 12:45 AM
and this is relevant to the topic how?

The media (propaganda machine) gets the people in an up roar. The mob demands this never happen again. They want blood. The elected want to give the mob what they want so they get re-elected. They make new law that will give the mob some blood and everyone is happy but the people who are bloodied.

Democracy (demon-crazy) at work.

Long Duck Dong
Jul 17, 2011, 2:24 AM
we demand it never happens again cos it happened in the first place..... if caylee had not been killed and the mother had not lied about things, the media would have nothing to go on about

I would suggest, love1234 that you change your profile pic, as its the same profile pic on your other banned account, happy friends.... and its a dead giveaway.... same as the things you are saying in this thread,

love1234
Jul 17, 2011, 3:28 AM
we demand it never happens again cos it happened in the first place..... if caylee had not been killed and the mother had not lied about things, the media would have nothing to go on about

I would suggest, love1234 that you change your profile pic, as its the same profile pic on your other banned account, happy friends.... and its a dead giveaway.... same as the things you are saying in this thread,

Mob rule demo-crazy does not work. You can scream that it does till the end of time but the proof is in the news everyday as the world goes to hell.

IF her dad the ex cop or she was smart enough to beat the system its better to let her go free that lock up innocent people with new man made mob rule fake laws. The jails here are so full of victims of this illegal system. I for one do not want to pay any more taxes to feed these victims and the criminal system here in Florida that locks them up.

I'm very good friends with the people in that picture as I took it. I was there and played with everyone there and have their permission to use the photos:-)

You can come to Gainesville and walk around town and see tee-shirts all over town with this illegal system message on them. The are given away and sold by local rock band. Many people all over the world have had it with this demon-crazy illegal system and we are getting this message out.

DuckiesDarling
Jul 17, 2011, 10:22 PM
Quite frankly, I am getting tired of hearing about justice for Caylee when all this push for justice is doing nothing but delaying it or perhaps even making it impossible to ever get justice for Caylee.

Casey Anthony was found not guilty, she can not be retried for this and it does no good to keep doing so in the court of public opinion.

I think all in all this country and even other parts of world that are caught up in our media hoopla are not able to get past seeing Caylee as a bag of bones instead of a person who left this world too early.

I've seen several posts on here advocating violence against Casey Anthony, I have read the news reports of the death threats both she and her family have recieved, is that justice for Caylee? Or is that simply satisfying the bloodthirst of people who aren't interested in justice but vengeance?

Long Duck Dong
Jul 17, 2011, 11:40 PM
Mob rule demo-crazy does not work. You can scream that it does till the end of time but the proof is in the news everyday as the world goes to hell.

IF her dad the ex cop or she was smart enough to beat the system its better to let her go free that lock up innocent people with new man made mob rule fake laws. The jails here are so full of victims of this illegal system. I for one do not want to pay any more taxes to feed these victims and the criminal system here in Florida that locks them up.

the world is not perfect, but the world is full of people that can find fault with it, without coming up with a better solution......

what I find interesting is the way you blame the media...... yet the media is not responsible for our actions, we are responsible for our own actions, but we like to blame things like the media for our actions.....

statements like yours about how you do not want to pay taxes for.. etc etc..... I am not sure they earmark your taxes to be used for selected purposes such as having casey in prison..... I am willing to bet that it will goes into a big money pool and the money is divided up from there..... and its possible your taxes dollars actually end up supporting the same media you are complaining about.... the same media you read, in order to have a reason to complain ...

Falke
Jul 18, 2011, 12:14 AM
Whenever a man does a thoroughly stupid thing, it is always from the noblest motives -Oscar Wilde

This comes into play here. Think before you act and before you agree to anything. Yes, you wish bad things never to happen again, but pushing a law through under the victim's name and just after a tragedy is a stupid idea. Just look at how we ended up with the Patriot Act. It's happened and nothing can undo it, so take time to cool off then make the call.