PDA

View Full Version : Michael Irvin is on the cover of Out magazine

TaylorMade
Jul 15, 2011, 1:25 AM
Michael Irvin is on the cover of Out magazine (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Michael-Irvin-is-on-the-cover-of-Out-magazine?urn=nfl-wp3312)
By MJD
Tue Jul 12
ShutdownCorner/YahooSports.com

EXCERPT:

Michael Irvin's always been a passionate guy. He played with passion as he helped the Dallas Cowboys win three Super Bowls, and he speaks passionately now that he's paid to talk about the game.
His passion has most recently turned towards the gay community. The Playmaker now sees it as his mission in life to fight homophobia and bring people closer together.
To that end, he's on the current cover of Out magazine, a publication that deals with gay men's fashion, entertainment and lifestyle. Inside, Irvin opens up about his days as a young, homophobic player in the NFL, the cross-dressing homosexual brother who made him (eventually) change his attitudes, what he's doing about it now, and what life might be like for a gay player in today's NFL.
It's a fascinating read, and even having been a fan of Irvin's for years, it's a side of him about which I had no idea. Here are some snippets.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

(link to story in Title)

I'm glad this is coming from the players themselves. Not a directive from the league. Not a "push" from the government. I hope The Playmaker's work is sincere and I'll see an out gay or bisexual player on the level of a Jason Taylor, Clay Matthews, Troy Polamalu, or Kurt Warner before I get too old.

*Taylor*

niftyshellshock
Jul 15, 2011, 11:16 AM
Michael Irvin is on the cover of Out magazine (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Michael-Irvin-is-on-the-cover-of-Out-magazine?urn=nfl-wp3312)
By MJD
Tue Jul 12
ShutdownCorner/YahooSports.com

EXCERPT:

Michael Irvin's always been a passionate guy. He played with passion as he helped the Dallas Cowboys win three Super Bowls, and he speaks passionately now that he's paid to talk about the game.
His passion has most recently turned towards the gay community. The Playmaker now sees it as his mission in life to fight homophobia and bring people closer together.
To that end, he's on the current cover of Out magazine, a publication that deals with gay men's fashion, entertainment and lifestyle. Inside, Irvin opens up about his days as a young, homophobic player in the NFL, the cross-dressing homosexual brother who made him (eventually) change his attitudes, what he's doing about it now, and what life might be like for a gay player in today's NFL.
It's a fascinating read, and even having been a fan of Irvin's for years, it's a side of him about which I had no idea. Here are some snippets.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

(link to story in Title)

I'm glad this is coming from the players themselves. Not a directive from the league. Not a "push" from the government. I hope The Playmaker's work is sincere and I'll see an out gay or bisexual player on the level of a Jason Taylor, Clay Matthews, Troy Polamalu, or Kurt Warner before I get too old.

*Taylor*

Tom Brady...but he's not out yet. Hm...

Gttuner17
Jul 15, 2011, 11:23 AM
He looks so good on the cover on that magazine, he's sexy lol

littlerayofsunshine
Jul 15, 2011, 11:44 AM
I tweeted about this. I was rather in awe and inspired that he has such open advocating on behalf of the queer community. You can tell he cared about his brother deeply.

Maybe it will help a few more people see that standing up for gay rights doesn't make you gay or your children gay and isn't leading to the destruction of your marriage either. Right Ms. Crazybatshit Bachmann? Lawd help that lady.

TaylorMade
Jul 17, 2011, 3:20 AM
Tom Brady...but he's not out yet. Hm...

Everyone's been saying this about Tom Brady! Nifty, y u no specify?

*Taylor*

Bicuriousity
Jul 17, 2011, 6:54 AM
Everyone's been saying this about Tom Brady! Nifty, y u no specify?

*Taylor*

I think its just wishful thinking that tom brady is bi!

niftyshellshock
Jul 17, 2011, 3:45 PM
I think its just wishful thinking that tom brady is bi!

Wishful thinking? Naw, just that all quarterbacks love to fall down and cry when they're lightly touched.