PDA

View Full Version : Dan Savage admits he would fuck a woman

NotLostJustWandering
Jul 1, 2011, 11:52 PM
but he's not bisexual, oh no.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajR9PLvN73k

BiDaveDtown
Jul 2, 2011, 2:25 AM
Then there's this video where he's talking out of his ass about us bisexuals as usual. :rolleyes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2sIf_sVYuc

I do like the comments on the video by other bisexuals since they're true.

I'm sure you've seen this article by him but in case you haven't done so already I suggest you and everyone else here that's bisexual to reply to it.

http://www.thestranger.com/seattle/bisexuals/Content?oid=8743322

sammie19
Jul 2, 2011, 6:38 AM
I'd only ever heard of him but never been interested enough to find out how he looked. But now I have, what woman in her right mind would want him apart from his mum?:eek:

Woooooo. I know bitchy. Can I help it if I have to call a dick a dick.:tong:

djones
Jul 2, 2011, 2:38 PM
Face it folks, Savage is a Hypocrite and a megalomaniac media whore. Simple.

I can't stand his attitude toward Bisexuals, or his assertion that he "speaks the truth" about bisexuality, but he is no different than many in the LGBT world. It would be nice to just ignore him, but the real problem with Savage is that his voice is heard and opinions read by so many. As Savage strives to gain more main stream exposure and acceptance, his poisonous opinions posing as facts will do us more harm. The only way we can rise above his drivel is by hoisting up our own counter balance in the arena of public opinion.

I will go further in that, the LGBT "community" is essentially gay oriented and gay luminaries like Savage have an undue influence in the "community". When there is a "community" that doesn't speak for - or, as often, speaks against - members of that "community", it is time for the "community" to change, or the disenfranchised members to form their own community.

tenni
Jul 2, 2011, 3:18 PM
Savage points out the double standard that applies discrimination towards men and particularly bisexual men seem to be in this position. ie. If a man has sex with a man just once, he is labelled gay but if a woman has sex with a woman she was just experimenting. He then goes on to say that he would have sex with a woman who looks masculine and acts masculine. He doesn't say which orifice that he would use to fuck her though...lol Maybe, he is a gay man that is not vaginaphobic...lol? Some gay men really seem to be vaginaphobic.

Savage is not bisexual. As Savage says a man who has sex with another man once is not necessarily gay nor bisexual. Even if a person thinks about having sex with same sex doesn't mean that they are bisexual either imo. You may be but the people on this site who say that they have thought about having same sex, may or may not be bisexual. There are variables that might come into play to be the deciding factors. Being sexually attracted to same sex people is a fairly strong indication (rather than the rarer factor for men of being emotionally attracted to same sex) but not a final determination.

As I read recently, there are no "tests" to determine sexual orientation. It does seem to be that the person is the final determinator still.

I agree with djones about the umbrella though. Has anyone read where a strong gay leader or even a GLBT organization opposed Savage's comments about bisexuals?...called him a bigot?

Gearbox
Jul 2, 2011, 4:04 PM
This Dan Savage bloke is practically stating that his homosexual attraction is to the masculine form, and nothing to do with genitalia. He'd fuck a vagina if muscles were involved.:tongue:

So sexuality boils down to fem/mask attraction, and not gender?:rolleyes:
And if a masc bloke and a fem bloke have a ltr, only the fem is gay?:rolleyes:

ANYTHING BUT BI!!:bigrin:

drugstore cowboy
Jul 2, 2011, 4:16 PM
Savage points out the double standard that applies discrimination towards men and particularly bisexual men seem to be in this position. ie. If a man has sex with a man just once, he is labelled gay but if a woman has sex with a woman she was just experimenting. He then goes on to say that he would have sex with a woman who looks masculine and acts masculine. He doesn't say which orifice that he would use to fuck her though...lol Maybe, he is a gay man that is not vaginaphobic...lol? Some gay men really seem to be vaginaphobic.

Savage is not bisexual. As Savage says a man who has sex with another man once is not necessarily gay nor bisexual. Even if a person thinks about having sex with same sex doesn't mean that they are bisexual either imo. You may be but the people on this site who say that they have thought about having same sex, may or may not be bisexual. There are variables that might come into play to be the deciding factors. Being sexually attracted to same sex people is a fairly strong indication (rather than the rarer factor for men of being emotionally attracted to same sex) but not a final determination.

As I read recently, there are no "tests" to determine sexual orientation. It does seem to be that the person is the final determinator still.

I agree with djones about the umbrella though. Has anyone read where a strong gay leader or even a GLBT organization opposed Savage's comments about bisexuals?...called him a bigot?

Bisexual people have already done what you've described.

There was the group for college/university students called BIAS (Bisexuals Achieving Solidarity)-which now has pretty much been absorbed into college/university GLBT groups.

Also there's the "I am Visible" campaign/separatism movement on the website bisocialnetwork.com

You are correct that Savage is a douche and should be called out as a bigot and many people have done this and will continue to do so.

tenni
Jul 2, 2011, 4:53 PM
"Bisexual people have already done what you've described."

Drugstore
Wouldn't it be better if it were gay people telling Savage that he is inappropriate rather than just bisexual people? Wouldn't it be better if GLBT organizations called Savage out on this rather than just bisexuals? Aren't the GLBT organizations practicing bi erasure by ignoring Savage's behaviour?

drugstore cowboy
Jul 2, 2011, 5:09 PM
"Bisexual people have already done what you've described."

Drugstore
Wouldn't it be better if it were gay people telling Savage that he is inappropriate rather than just bisexual people? Wouldn't it be better if GLBT organizations called Savage out on this rather than just bisexuals? Aren't the GLBT organizations practicing bi erasure by ignoring Savage's behaviour?

Tenni, I meant to quote djones' last post, not yours.

Yes there are gay men and lesbians who do not like Dan Savage and they speak out against him and tell him how he's bigoted and a media whore.

I'm sure there are GLBT organizations who do not like Dan Savage or how he's biphobic and transphobic.

BTW, not all or even most GLBT organizations are biphobic or practice bisexual erasure. I'm sure that some do but the many that I have been to over the decades do not.

goldenfinger
Jul 2, 2011, 8:42 PM
Who is this guy anyway???

BiDaveDtown
Jul 2, 2011, 10:08 PM
I did not watch the youtube video since I can't stand him but if he's gay fucking all the women in the world isn't going to somehow make him bisexual or mean that he's sexually attracted to women at all.

There are gay men who when they're younger or closeted do have sex with women and even marry women in the hopes that it will make them "straight" but sexuality does not work this way since they're gay men and have no sexual attraction to women at all.

It's like how someone who is asexual can force themselves to have sex with both men and women and this does not make them bisexual or anything but asexual.

NotLostJustWandering
Jul 3, 2011, 11:12 AM
Tenni, I meant to quote djones' last post, not yours.

Yes there are gay men and lesbians who do not like Dan Savage and they speak out against him and tell him how he's bigoted and a media whore.

I'm sure there are GLBT organizations who do not like Dan Savage or how he's biphobic and transphobic.

First of all, your very use of this acronym GLBT ignores that this is a G&L vs. Bi issue. Secondly, if you know of any gay-, lesbian- or G&L-led organizations that have issued any official statement condemning Savage's biphobia, or other specific instances of biphobia, please post verifiable references to these statements. General disclaimers of being inclusive of bisexuals do not suffice.

BTW, not all or even most GLBT organizations are biphobic or practice bisexual erasure. I'm sure that some do but the many that I have been to over the decades do not.

Savage was chosen as Grand Marshall of the NYC Pride Parade without any consultation with any bi group in the Parade (or, for that matter, any leaders of the trans or Black contingents -- other people he has offended.) This should serve as a perfect indicator of how the Rainbow Show is still run by white gay men who have no sensitivity to the concerns of the rest of us. In my experience, and the experience of others who continue to go to these Pride events, biphobic comments by invited speakers are still quite commonplace. This belies the token inclusion we receive in having a B added to the names of all these G&L organizations. The fact is, biphobia is rampant in the G&L communities, and our foolish insistence that we band together with mono queers is probably repelling many bi people who otherwise would be joining us.

tenni
Jul 3, 2011, 11:28 AM
Notlost
Are there G&L organizations that are not part of the GLBT organizations? I don't know much but I don't think that there is such a group in Toronto? Pride parade today. Dike parade yesterday. Some big controversies but none about the thread topic. I would be inclined to believe you about white gay men controlling things but I have no evidence...except the spokesperson for Toronto Pride is a white gay man...lol

NotLostJustWandering
Jul 3, 2011, 12:17 PM
Notlost
Are there G&L organizations that are not part of the GLBT organizations?

Not sure what you mean by that. Are you asking if there are organizations that are specifically gay, lesbian, or TG and don't include bis? Plenty. Are you asking if there are G&L groups that meet elsewhere than the GLBT community centers? Don't know of any.

I don't know much but I don't think that there is such a group in Toronto? Pride parade today. Dike parade yesterday.

Didn't know you guys had a Dyke Parade, too. Knew about the one in SF. Thanks for sharing. I don't see anybody getting on the lesbians' case about having their own parade or alleging that separatism has in any way disempowered them, yet when I preach bi separatism I encounter a lot of fear. Ever seen "the Adventures of Baron Munchhausen?" There's a scene with a giant of a man who has been brainwashed into thinking he's a dwarf. I've been reminded of that scene a lot lately...

Some big controversies but none about the thread topic. I would be inclined to believe you about white gay men controlling things but I have no evidence...except the spokesperson for Toronto Pride is a white gay man...lol

What, the Dan Savage as Grand Marshall thing isn't evidence enough for you? What about all the incidents of invited speakers at Pride rallies taking pot shots at us? Can you imagine the reaction if a spokesperson for the bi community were to disparage gays or lesbians at a Pride event?

tenni
Jul 3, 2011, 1:26 PM
"Didn't know you guys had a Dyke Parade, too. Knew about the one in SF."

Gee, I thought that New York would have a Dyke Parade? There is an entire week of celebration that ends today with the main parade. It brings in millions in tourism money. There is a growing backlash at city hall though about funding Pride. Political overtones about a group supporting the Palestinians...sorry but they are calling Israel arpartheid(sp). Queers Against Israel Arpartheid. http://queersagainstapartheid.org/who/ Politicians are against this group.

I'm not sure but Savage is not that much of a negative force here I'd guess. I probably am wrong being out of touch with any bi community in Tarana. I do agree with you though that the New York GLBT Pride people should be raked over the coals from what I have read about his comments.

I just checked and this year Toronto Pride did not declare a local Grand Marshall. The created an international Grand Marshall who is from the Phillipines. She is an activist. I don't know if she is actually going to be there today though.

DuckiesDarling
Jul 3, 2011, 10:55 PM
You know there is a saying among some practioners of Satanism "I can call demons from the abyss", there is a retort used by people who "fight them" and that is "You can call but will they answer?" In most cases, no. I feel the same about Dan Savage admitting he would fuck a woman, now I ask would a woman fuck Dan Savage?

drugstore cowboy
Jul 4, 2011, 12:26 AM
In the past Dan Savage has written about how he finds a woman's vagina to be (in his words) disgusting, nasty, and how it looks like canned ham dropped from a skyscraper.

I hope he does fuck a woman since he'd hate it and it would be an unpleasant experience for him and for the woman who has sex with him.

Annika L
Jul 4, 2011, 12:35 AM
I did not watch the youtube video since I can't stand him but if he's gay fucking all the women in the world isn't going to somehow make him bisexual or mean that he's sexually attracted to women at all.

No, but it *would* make him sore, and I'm all for that :tong:...but he can't fuck me...or my partner...or our mothers or sisters...hmmm, ok, tell you what: I'll make a list of women he can't fuck, and then he can fuck the rest of them, and I'll bet he'll still be sore.

Annika L
Jul 4, 2011, 12:37 AM
I hope he does fuck a woman since he'd hate it and it would be an unpleasant experience for him and for the woman who has sex with him.

You want an unspecified woman to have an unpleasant experience, too? How very thoughtful of you.

void()
Jul 4, 2011, 9:47 AM
Some may call me foolish or simple. That is fine. I really do not mind because I know myself. I am still of the view that it is a simple matter of;

"Savage, who?"

I do not find knowing him relevant. I do not know him nor do I desire to. But it seems lots of folks here get all riled up over him. Why bother? He is another person is all. Doubt he puts on his pants any differently than me, one leg at a time. He is unique like everyone else.

Folks seem to say he is full of hate and spews it. Well, in getting so riled up over him, don't you too get filled with hate and spew it? Might be better to just ignore him and be the more well rounded, mature person. Hate needs to end and it can not if we continue with a code of morals going back to Hammurabi. This particular moral code I see is "an eye for an eye, tooth for tooth." Have we not learned this can only make the world full of people blind? C'mon step up and have the courage to lose the yoke of vengeance.