PDA

View Full Version : The Gift

wellred
Jun 3, 2005, 1:49 PM
Greetings Roommates,

How amazing is serendipity! For whatever combination of genetics and nurture brought Drew to create this site, I am grateful. So thank you, Drew, for this amazing gift!

I have lived a lifetime (or, perhaps, two) alone within myself, afraid to let anyone know the essence of my sexuality. Feeling like a freak that fit neither in the straight nor gay world, I have shut myself away from potentially many rewarding friendships.

Yet at this site, I have found that I may not be the ugly duckling that I have betrayed, but potentially some form of swan verging on new and wondrous discoveries. We come here in multiple shapes and sizes from all parts of the globe, with a broad array of agenda, searching for fulfillment. Most of the time we find what we are seeking, and if not there is the promise of another day.

Whether it is a good laugh, pleasant “conversation”, a supportive problem-solving session, or a whimsical sexual fantasy, some of the most treasured attributes of this experience are simply to be openly acknowledged for a part of myself that no one else has shared, or to be encouraged to feel good about myself for who I really am. But the most significant gift is that of completion; as when you find someone here who walks a similar path to yours and validates your experience.

This cyber world opens us to explore an environment that hopefully enriches our lives, even it is purely to have fun. But I, for one, am beholden for new found freedom in my thinking, increased libido and a sparkle in my eye -- the joy to be alive.

This site is a treasure chest of untold opportunities. I am pleased to spend time with you and thank you for each moment that we share.

- Red

julie
Jun 3, 2005, 7:46 PM
Greetings Roommates,

How amazing is serendipity! For whatever combination of genetics and nurture brought Drew to create this site, I am grateful. So thank you, Drew, for this amazing gift!

I have lived a lifetime (or, perhaps, two) alone within myself, afraid to let anyone know the essence of my sexuality. Feeling like a freak that fit neither in the straight nor gay world, I have shut myself away from potentially many rewarding friendships.

Yet at this site, I have found that I may not be the ugly duckling that I have betrayed, but potentially some form of swan verging on new and wondrous discoveries. We come here in multiple shapes and sizes from all parts of the globe, with a broad array of agenda, searching for fulfillment. Most of the time we find what we are seeking, and if not there is the promise of another day.

Whether it is a good laugh, pleasant “conversation”, a supportive problem-solving session, or a whimsical sexual fantasy, some of the most treasured attributes of this experience are simply to be openly acknowledged for a part of myself that no one else has shared, or to be encouraged to feel good about myself for who I really am. But the most significant gift is that of completion; as when you find someone here who walks a similar path to yours and validates your experience.

This cyber world opens us to explore an environment that hopefully enriches our lives, even it is purely to have fun. But I, for one, am beholden for new found freedom in my thinking, increased libido and a sparkle in my eye -- the joy to be alive.

This site is a treasure chest of untold opportunities. I am pleased to spend time with you and thank you for each moment that we share.

- Red

Though I may not be able to match your eloquence Red, I do believe that I share your passion :bigrin:

Before I stumbled on this Site I had spent too many years trapped in an 'unfortunate' marriage believing I was a lesbian. In trying to make sense of my increasing attraction to men also (not my husband :rolleyes: ) I justified my sexuality as ambiguous. I entered this site newly divorced age 43 and know I am now and probably always have been Bisexual.

Thanks Drew :bigrin: I havent got the words to express how important it feels to be able to express my sexual identity at last.

I have met some amazing people on here, some more gracious than others of course, but every experience, positive or less so, has helped me to define who I am and what I am or am not looking for.

Very importantly, through here I have been able to make links with my local bisexual community whose social and psychological support has really been the icing on the cake!

I just read Reds words and nod at so many of them. I really believe I have 'come of age' on this site and can now live out my sexuality with the power and responsibility of an adult. That is no mean feat to happen within two months of my joining here :yinyang:

So thanks Drew for this, and I wonder if you ever realised how deeply and powerfully you would be affecting peoples lives?

bigregory
Jun 4, 2005, 1:13 AM
Though I may not be able to match your eloquence Red, I do believe that I share your passion :bigrin:

So thanks Drew for this, and I wonder if you ever realised how deeply and powerfully you would be affecting peoples lives?
i get all happy inside hearing from ppl. like red and julie.
so thanks from me to DREW......................................

gayle
Jun 5, 2005, 1:24 AM
Yes, by all means, THANK YOU DREW for creating this site. Also, thank you to the wonderful people who have answered questions for me, helped me to understand bisexuality, and who have helped me to grow as a person. While I am, admittedly straight, I have found this to be a wonderful site. You have helped me to not only accept the sexuality of my bi bf and to feel more secure in our relationship (I had so many misconceptions before coming here), but also to explore my own sexuality. I have, as a result of spending time at this site, thought more about my sexuality and what pleases me. This has become a safe haven for me to ask questions, seek company (I have come to love chat), and to think things through. There are some truly great people here & I want you to know how much I appreciate you! :grouphug:

bigfella
Jun 8, 2005, 7:25 AM
Well, There is nothing else i could add which would express my feelings any better than those before me!!

:bowdown:Thank You Drew, :angel:

Michael623
Jun 8, 2005, 1:08 PM
What he said. Thanks Drew!

m.in.heels&hose
Jun 18, 2005, 11:18 AM
again my thanks to drew for this wonderful site! (i hope you never tire of hearing this drew) and like everyone else has already said, there an aweful lot of nice and wonderful people here, i have become friends with more people than i ever could have imagined, and i look forward to making more friends too and i like gayle have come to love thwe chat room, there we can aske questions, and answer them honestly, and not be worried about being "flamed" by others for being openly bisexual, and sometimes we can just be "goofy" and have fun. thsi is one site i feel i can be the real me, and not pretend about anything!!!!!!!
thank you for letting me have my :2cents: here! :bibounce:

Brian
Jun 18, 2005, 7:14 PM
Thanks for the kind words m.in.heels&hose and everyone else!

This site is a lot of fun to run! I'm having a blast! I'm glad you all like it! :flag1:

- Drew :paw: