PDA

View Full Version : anniversary gift

pixie
May 12, 2006, 11:00 AM
I need some feedback on a gift my hubby asked me for. Our anniversary is in June and it will be 15yrs. My hubby knows I am bisexual and has no problem with it and never wanted to participate in anyway, which has worked out great. However, the other day we were discussing what we were going to do for our anniversary this year and we talked about a Bed & Breakfast or chalet in the mountains, but he wants me to bring one of my friends to share with him. I am not sure I want to share this part of my life with him. Am I being selfish for not wanting to share this part of my life. I love being with my female friends and I don't want to start something that may turn into something else. On the other hand I love him and want to make him happy... HELP

warmpuppy
May 12, 2006, 11:07 AM
If it doesn't feel right, it isn't right. In any event, an anniversary is sacred and should be celebrated only by the two of you.

Happy 15th, dear.

Lisa (va)
May 12, 2006, 11:15 AM
Have to agree with warmpuppy; the anniversary is for the two of you. And congratulations on 15 years !

That aside, discuss with your husband his newfound interest in sharing your girlfriend. The only real solution is one that BOTH of you are comfortable with.

Lisa

hugs n kisses

jedinudist
May 12, 2006, 12:28 PM
Have to agree with warmpuppy; the anniversary is for the two of you. And congratulations on 15 years !

Lisa

hugs n kisses

Me too- only the two of you are married to each other, and only the two of you should be there to celebrate such a wonderful milestone.

As for bringing one of your girlfriends into a situation involving your husband, I would definately leave that for another time. Your Anniversary is between the two fo you, not the three of you.

Discuss it with him, think about it, and then follow the good advice posted abve this- Only if everyone involved feels good about it!

Congratulations on 15 years!!!

mistymockingbird
May 12, 2006, 1:41 PM
Wow. Gotta echo what the others have said. It's great that he is showing interest in your bi side, but your anniversary is not the time to have that first shared experience.

Obviously if you guys have made it to 15 years, you are able to talk to each other about stuff. So, talk to him, tell him what you feel, and go from there. Maybe you can plan another weekend trip with a friend.

At any rate, happy anniversary. Hope it works out in the happiest, healthiest way for you

pixie
May 16, 2006, 8:44 AM
Thanks everyone for your feedback and that is exactly how I felt it was a time for us. I told him maybe I would have to give him a nice little treat some other time