PDA

View Full Version : Ah! Woe is Me

Darkside2009
Jun 22, 2011, 7:24 PM
At Royal Ascot last week, I had a bet on three horses called Sunshine, Moonlight and Good Times.

Not one of them won.

I don't blame it on the Sunshine, don't blame it on the Moonlight, don't blame it on the Good Times.

I blame it on the bookie.

You'll no doubt be relieved to hear I have no plans to give up the day job, just yet. :)

Long Duck Dong
Jun 22, 2011, 8:31 PM
genius, pure genius.....lol....and enjoyed with a fresh hot coffee

DuckiesDarling
Jun 22, 2011, 10:36 PM
Darkside, darling... I won't say a thing about betting on horses due to names since I have won $198.30 on an exacta doing that but normally bookies have the information of jockey, history, breeding...it might help next time to read the program :P

sammie19
Jun 23, 2011, 5:10 AM
A gang of us went to Ayr races last year. The collective amount lost for 9 people was over £1,100.00. My partner was down £120.00. One stupid little blonde bimbo who went racing for the first time ever won 3 races had a second and two 3rds, and came away with a nice profit of 370 smackers over the day.

Winning the Scottish Grand National at 18/1 odds helped. I always knew playing on so many merigorounds when I was young would come in handy. :bigrin:

No one else in the party won a race, although there were a few places. So maybe the little blonde bimbo isn't quite such a bimbo after all, at least not when it comes to the gee gees.:tong:

Talk about beginners luck.:bigrin:

bityme
Jun 23, 2011, 10:33 PM
At Royal Ascot last week, I had a bet on three horses called Sunshine, Moonlight and Good Times.

Not one of them won.

I don't blame it on the Sunshine, don't blame it on the Moonlight, don't blame it on the Good Times.

I blame it on the bookie.

You'll no doubt be relieved to hear I have no plans to give up the day job, just yet. :)

Perhaps you had the right horses, just the wrong races!

sammie19
Jun 24, 2011, 5:43 AM
After Ayr, last year Megan took me to Musselburgh races. The grand total of winnings was £-186.00 or thereabouts between the two of us. Not only did I lose most of the money I also lost my Blackberry.:(

There is a meet on Monday coming in the evening and I am trying to persuade Megan to go. My mum and dad are up here during the day and dad is quite keen. If the betting goes badly then we can wander down to the beach which runs alongside the course. I have decided after the last experience that a fiver a race is about my limit.:rolleyes:

Darkside2009
Jun 24, 2011, 5:41 PM
Good grief! I seem to have stumbled upon a hidden Chapter of Gamblers Anonymous here.

Try singing the third and fourth lines of my original post, perhaps the penny will drop. :rolleyes:

jazzer
Jun 24, 2011, 7:29 PM
Reminds me of an evening out my wife and I had with friends many years ago. We all sat at the same table and the entertainer was an American comedian visiting the Gold Coast for the first time. We thought his delivery and jokes were very funny and we all broke up. I had tears running down my cheeks as did others at our table. Suddenly we became aware that basically we were the only table in the Hotel that found him very amusing. Others stared at us and looked stony faced.
At the end of the show the comedian came over to us and thanked us for our laughter. He felt that if we hadn't been there he would have felt like giving up.
We thought the joke was very funny, so don't give up just yet lol.

Jazzer :2cents:

mikey3000
Jun 24, 2011, 10:23 PM
I went to the track in March for the first time in my life. Won 4/5 races. My friend was stunned. I won about $30 but had a great time.