PDA

View Full Version : idea for Drew

mrplayfuluk
May 8, 2006, 4:00 PM
Hi drew and crew it would be really useful if we could keep notes on the various people we conact on here. Bits of info to remind us, when we get contacted after a long gap. perhaps we could limit it a notes section with our inbox to say 200 words. Then when I hear from someone again, I don't have to try to remember who is what is where etc.. would others like that too?

arana
May 8, 2006, 4:16 PM
Why don't you just save your PM's. You have storage for sent, in coming, message tracking, folders you can set up to place them in, etc. You don't need to write a synopsis of the person, you have exactly what was said on both sides.

mrplayfuluk
May 8, 2006, 4:24 PM
fair point but often i get to know people in the chat room which doesn't involve messages or emails...

arana
May 8, 2006, 4:31 PM
Ok, I get it now. I'm old fashioned and never think of computer notepads, I use pen and paper. lol

jedinudist
May 9, 2006, 2:28 PM
Windoze comes with a notepad feature- saving bits of info about a person in an easy text format and then naming the file with that person's "nickname" can do exactly what you are looking for. You can save all the various files in a folder for easy perusal and retrieval.

The other OS's also have a similar feature-

Just a suggestion as, being a webmaster myself, I know the feature you are asking about would tend to eat up storage space on a server.

Good Luck~

mrplayfuluk
May 10, 2006, 5:50 AM
thanks for your comment and I could keep the info separately but it is not so secure when others can use your computer to do stuff.. It would be easier if it was built into say a favourites page or messages page like the notes in hotmail.com. Then it would be online within the site. However it is true that it would use up server space so I guess I am asking too much...

Nara_lovely
May 10, 2006, 6:03 AM
G'day Drew......any chance of a spell check one day???

(proofreader in pain here)

arana
May 10, 2006, 4:09 PM
G'day Drew......any chance of a spell check one day???

(proofreader in pain here)
My proofreader can't spell :tong:

DÆMØN
May 15, 2006, 12:44 PM
Notepad sucks.

Use metapad http://www.liquidninja.com/metapad/
metapad's enhanced feature set includes:

* Persistent window placement
* Dirty file notification
* Intelligent Find and Replace
* External viewer support (e.g. web browser)
* Usable accelerator keys (Ctrl+S, Ctrl+N, etc.)
* Dual customizable font support
* Optional Quick Exit (Esc key)
* Configurable tab stop setting
* Auto-indent mode
* Go to Line/Column
* Seamless UNIX text file support
* Block indent and unindent (Tab, Shift+Tab)
* Recent files list
* WYSIWYG printing
* Snazzy status bar & funky toolbar
* No file size limit! (under Win9x)
* Hyperlink support
* User interface language plugins :tongue: