PDA

View Full Version : Surgery day has arrived

gayle
Jun 3, 2005, 5:57 AM
Thanks to those who are praying for me as I go into surgery this morning. I appreciate the support & new friendships I've found here!

Brian
Jun 3, 2005, 10:01 AM
I'll be thinking of you today Gayle - positive thoughts all around. Good luck and speedy recovery!

- Drew :paw:

DeafF2M
Jun 3, 2005, 11:29 AM
Good luck and speedy recovery, Gayle. :wiggle2:

rupertbare
Jun 3, 2005, 12:43 PM
Hoping that all has gone well and that you make a speedy recovery - will be looking forward to seeing your name again here in the forum area - love and hugs Rupe :)

wellred
Jun 3, 2005, 3:07 PM
Hugs and Kisses, Gayle.

May your recovery be speedy and your health return in encouraging waves.

Until you are able to return, we will hold a seat open for you.

- Red

Mrs. Taz
Jun 3, 2005, 6:17 PM
hope everything goes well for you gayle thoughts and prayers are with you. feel better soon. cant wait to have you back in the room with us.

gayle
Jun 4, 2005, 11:35 PM
Thanks to those who have expressed their well-wishes. I was released from the hospital yesterday afternoon. I've been having "female problems." Going into surgery, I had been told I had cysts on my right ovary and that they thought I had endometriosis or possibly cancer. I was told my left ovary was normal, had no cysts.
Coming OUT of surgery, I learned that there were NO cysts on my right ovary. I did not have endometriosis but did have adhesions from a previous surgery. They used a laser to remove the adhesions. THEN I learned that I DO NOT have a left ovary at all, that I was born without one. You can imagine how confusing I find this since I had been told before surgery that my left ovary, according to the ultrasound a week ago, was normal. It's not like these things just magically appear and disappear. . . But then I learned that often if a woman is born without an ovary, she is also born without the kidney on that side. I will now have to go through tests to determine whether or not I have a left kidney, and if I do, they say it may well be deformed/nonfunctioning. I'm not sure what they do if they find I do not have the kidney or it isn't healthy. I guess you can say I came out of surgery with more questions than when I went in.
I must credit Rob with taking good care of me. He's tried to make sure I get rest. Now we're looking forward to getting the rest of the testing over (no test date so far) and finding out if there is anything more I must do. We are both hopeful that since the surgeon removed the adhesions, that I will no longer have the pain I had been suffering.
I'm still having post-op pain but am hopeful that in a couple more days, I'll be feeling much better.
Again, thanks for the well wishes! :)

Bi-ten
Jun 4, 2005, 11:43 PM
I'm glad to hear things have gone well for you Gayle. All the best on for your recovery. Hugs :flag4:

rupertbare
Jun 5, 2005, 3:26 AM
Well firstly "Welcome Back"!! Buy my goodness the doctor's findings must have come as a great shock to you both. Please keep us all posted as to your recovery and the dates of your tests. Glad, otherwise, that the surgery went well and that we can now all enjoy, once more, your postings in the forum. Once again, "Welcome Back".

With love hugs to both yourself and Rob,

Rupe XXX

arana
Jun 5, 2005, 4:43 AM
:eek: Gayle! I'm so glad you're back, but WOW! I hope you're feeling better and thanks to Rob for being such a good nurse. Hope to see you in chat soon.

Hugs,
Arana

jo69guy
Jun 6, 2005, 7:30 AM
I'm so glad you are home safely, and recovering. Glad all went well.

DareMe
Jun 6, 2005, 10:37 PM
I'm sure glad you came out ok from the surgery. Good thoughts your way.

DM

gayle
Jun 7, 2005, 2:56 PM
Thanks to all wonderful people who have been extending their thoughts & hopes in my direction. I do have some great news now. I was able to talk to my regular doctor regarding the tests to see if I have a left kidney. It turns out that one of the tests I had in 1998 clearly shows I do have a left kidney and, at that time, it was perfectly healthy. I am done with my medical tests now unless I have attacks of abdominal pain in the future.
My post-op pain is finally subsiding to the point where I can manage to make it through the day without taking pain pills. That doesn't mean I'm without pain, but I don't need to take prescription drugs all day. I still need them in order to be able to sleep because the pain is worst at night after being up all day.
My good wishes go out to Steph & Kitten, that they are continuing to recover from their surgeries. It's been great to finally meet Kitten in chat. :)