PDA

View Full Version : Same sex dancing at straight clubs

averagejoe
May 12, 2011, 6:59 PM
Do any of you dance with same sex partners at straight clubs? Were people pretty tolerant? Did you have fun?

I'm a bi guy, and I've always taken past girlfriends out to the clubs to have fun dancing. Now I'm dating a gay guy, and I want to bring him to the clubs with my straight friends.

I don't think it'll be a big deal, but I thought I'd see if any of you had input. :)

NakedInSeattle
May 12, 2011, 7:08 PM
Straight clubs do NOT like guy-guy activity of any kind. On the other hand they LOVE gal-gal activity of any kind. Go figure.

Darkside2009
May 12, 2011, 8:09 PM
You're quite likely to get some reconstruction work on your face if you go to hetero clubs or bars, but I'm sure you knew this already. You just like asking dumb questions.

In Gay clubs or bars it wouldn't be a problem, who would have thought? :rolleyes:

averagejoe
May 12, 2011, 8:27 PM
You're quite likely to get some reconstruction work on your face if you go to hetero clubs or bars, but I'm sure you knew this already. You just like asking dumb questions.

In Gay clubs or bars it wouldn't be a problem, who would have thought? :rolleyes:
How is it a dumb question? I've seen guys dancing at straight clubs before. I've just never done it. I think it sounds kind of fun.

drugstore cowboy
May 13, 2011, 1:41 AM
It depends on the dance club.

You should easily be able to tell if it's a good idea or not in the club you're in even if it's a hetero dance club.

Why not just go to gay/GLB dance clubs with the guy you're dating and bring your hetero friends along with you?

sammie19
May 13, 2011, 3:11 AM
Naked's point is relevant for clubs on this side of the pond allso have never had any problem with women dancing with each other, even quite romanticly although sometimes this can be considered provocative by both management and straight women so it is best to be discreet and watch your step.

Occasionally you do find two or more guys dancing together but in most instances this is horsing around. Two dancing more seriously or normally could end up with them getting into some really serious and nasty trouble. We may live in more enlightened times but they havent yet become that enlightened.

At Fran and Kate's wedding an evening guest who is a policeman "warned" a married straight couple that they were being provocative by smooching on the dance floor. He did it with such seriousness that we couldnt help but roll about the floor laughing. The straight couple were Fran's mum and dad.:tong: It is not my place to say who put him up to it.:)

Cherokee_Mountaincat
May 13, 2011, 3:58 AM
It seems to be more ok for us girls then the guys, and that sucks..but not in a good way. :( I'd take the advice of folks here, Darlin, and find a good Gay bar and go to where you could be assured of having a good time in peace. ;)
Cat

binow123
May 13, 2011, 5:35 AM
Have the telephone number of your dentist handy! Mix some alcohol and attitude together and YOU will loose!

azirish
May 13, 2011, 5:56 PM
I spoke of this before its called "social conditioning", "lesbians" aren't "gay" therefore, its not "gay" for a female to dance with another female. Female/Female contact is soooo "trendy" and "open minded" Its stupid but that is the "real" world for you.

Straight clubs do NOT like guy-guy activity of any kind. On the other hand they LOVE gal-gal activity of any kind. Go figure.

elian
May 13, 2011, 8:47 PM
I spoke of this before its called "social conditioning", "lesbians" aren't "gay" therefore, its not "gay" for a female to dance with another female.

..not to mention that it makes straight men very horny to see two ladies dancing together and think of both of them naked together in awkward erotic positions..

What we need is to have two MEN dance together and have a few ladies in the club get horny thinking of the both...err..wait..do ladies DO that?! Let me read the forum thread about this one. Unfortunately even if it makes ladies horny to sse two guys dancing together it still may piss off the straight men in the room, for some weird reason.

averagejoe
May 14, 2011, 9:59 PM
I don't think you guys give the straight community enough credit. People generally strike me as pretty open minded. And the guys I have seen dancing were gay. (I have seen straight guys horsing around too) I think things have changed a LOT recently.

I get what you guys are saying about the gay bars, but honestly, I'm not a big fan. Normal clubs are more fun, have better music, have a more diverse mix of people.

As for fighting, I'm a pretty big guy, and I've broken up many bar fights before. I don't think anyone's going to try and jump me.

the sacred night
May 15, 2011, 5:44 PM
..not to mention that it makes straight men very horny to see two ladies dancing together and think of both of them naked together in awkward erotic positions..

What we need is to have two MEN dance together and have a few ladies in the club get horny thinking of the both...err..wait..do ladies DO that?! Let me read the forum thread about this one. Unfortunately even if it makes ladies horny to sse two guys dancing together it still may piss off the straight men in the room, for some weird reason.

Our culture doesn't care what makes WOMEN horny, silly. It does care what makes men uncomfortable, though.

I'd say the reception you'll get depends on how tolerant your community is as a whole, like your city and even what part of town. Then there's the crowd that frequents the specific club. You'll have to judge for yourself, and I'd love to see this become acceptable and applaud you for being on the front lines, but do have a care for your safety and that of your partner.

dafydd
May 15, 2011, 9:32 PM
hey i have some experience in this matter but it didn't end well.....however rather than making me never want to do it again, it kind of galvanised a desire in me to always be open and never not do something out of fear. i often dance with guys in straight venues, and touch wood, never had trouble since the first incident (which only occurred because i also included some of the lovely ladies in our dance and their boyfs took offence). I would always advocate being out and doing your thing, who knows you might inspire other people to do the same. don't ignore your survival instincts, but don't be oppressed by them either.

d
happy dancing friend

chapear
May 16, 2011, 1:33 PM
I live in San Diego, Cali. There is a gay section of town but downtown in the straight clubs I'm starting to see a few clubs that I'm starting to see males dancing with males. It's not common yet but slowly starting to become accepted. I see more and more people becoming open minded about it. One night I was out at the place I go to regularly, a completely straight club, dancing and having fun. Apparently I kept rubbing my ass against some guy he told me "I never have been or never will be with a man. I'm only attracted to women but you rubbing your ass on me when dancing is really getting me excited." I just chuckled and kept dancing. I'm seeing this more and more without any problems from the staff or other customers. So really it just depends on the atmosphere of the place and how open minded the people in the club are.