PDA

View Full Version : Texas folk!

niftyshellshock
May 5, 2011, 4:58 AM
No, I'm not organizing a bi-gathering.
I mean, I would, but there's no funds in that right now. However, if there was one, I'd recommend Houston, it's central to everyone =p

Just wanted to give a shout-out to the men, women, couples in the Lone Star State.

That, and I can't sleep right now...stupid 5 hour energy drinks. Apparently if you take two they aggregate. Yay, 10 hour energy.

-Nifty

_Joe_
May 5, 2011, 10:10 AM
I may not be a smart man Jenny, but I do know east Texas ain't central Texas.

niftyshellshock
May 5, 2011, 10:52 AM
East Texas is slightly scary :s

ErosUrge
May 5, 2011, 11:09 AM
I may not be a smart man Jenny, but I do know east Texas ain't central Texas.

Hear Hear!!!...this is true. Seems to me that Austin would be very close to what would be central Texas; not exact, but more like it.

maxtor
May 5, 2011, 11:11 AM
Houston sure wouldnt be central for sure. that is right on the gulf coast.

twntexas
May 5, 2011, 11:44 AM
And I'm scared to death of the traffic in Houston too. Not that San Antonio traffic is much better... Austin does sound good. Or maybe one of the smaller hill country towns around there.

lizard-lix
May 5, 2011, 2:35 PM
I am in the Hill Country, almost damn smack in the middle between Austin and San Antonio (and therefore damn smack in the middle of Texas).

Houston and Dall-ass traffic are the freakin' worst, San Antonio traffic is getting meaner all the time.

So, I vote Austin, for both openness and the kindest traffic lol

And.... San Antonio and Austin both have Players Clubs (swingers club), always a lovely place to think about a meet up....

by~his~side
May 5, 2011, 2:46 PM
*sees lizard lix from the back, gets hysterical and cries..*

"STANLEY??.........."

(i do love that leetle leezard)

_someone_
May 5, 2011, 4:17 PM
Yeah, Houston's about the only city with worse traffic than San Antonio.

I'm so glad there's so many of us from Texas; we do need to stick together! :bipride: Especially considering how conservative even some of the more major cities (such as.. SA) in the state are, it's enlightening to find so many here.

12voltman59
May 5, 2011, 4:19 PM
*sees lizard lix from the back, gets hysterical and cries..*

"STANLEY??.........."

(i do love that leetle leezard)

I do wonder what that gecko named Stanley did to that woman in Toledo to make her so upset after all those years?? Maybe something kinda kinky???:bigrin::eek:

_Joe_
May 5, 2011, 5:14 PM
If there's a meet..... avoid the Mexican food.

Just saying.............

niftyshellshock
May 6, 2011, 4:36 AM
If there's a meet..... avoid the Mexican food.

Just saying.............

Agreed. Though, so far, I've found ONE good Mexican place off of Westheimer in Houston :p

I'm glad to see there's so many of y'all out there :)

ErosUrge
May 6, 2011, 12:01 PM
Yeah, Houston's about the only city with worse traffic than San Antonio.

I'm so glad there's so many of us from Texas; we do need to stick together! :bipride: Especially considering how conservative even some of the more major cities (such as.. SA) in the state are, it's enlightening to find so many here.

hmmm....to say that San Antonio has bad traffic (which it does), I don' think you've spent much time driving around Austin. I am in Austin a lot as a necessity of business and to visit friends and family too, and I must say that it would be second to Houston. Everyone who lives in Austin knows this to be true too...
Yes, there is no doubt SA has its trouble areas, but Austin is constantly bumper to bumper or at least a lot of the time....there are moments like anywhere when it flows, but it never lasts for long.

Cherokee_Mountaincat
May 6, 2011, 8:55 PM
lol We've got several members in Texas that want me to come visit sometime. El Paso, San Antone, Kerrville, Port Aransas(sp) Sherman. Wow, I'm gunna need a good car..lol
Cat

vincentfloyd
May 6, 2011, 11:48 PM
hey i'm in san antonio. a get together would be great, been hard to find like minded people in the lone star state!

lizard-lix
May 7, 2011, 8:07 AM
I do wonder what that gecko named Stanley did to that woman in Toledo to make her so upset after all those years?? Maybe something kinda kinky???:bigrin::eek:

I'll never tell (but having a forked tongue helped a LOT) :bigrin:

And yeeeehaaaa! it IS great that that there are so many of us Lone Star folks!

RE: Austin v San Antonio traffic, Austin may be busier especially on 35, but SA is just more aggressive! I drive in both about weekly, and SA can be as scary as being in the ring at a PBR event.. Austin is a lot more mellow... at least to me. (then again I am usually scootin' out 290 W to the Hill Country).

Now I just need to get my wife on board for a meet up!

still_shy
May 7, 2011, 7:37 PM
Hey!! I'd love to be involved in a meet!! Let me know if you guys end up planning something.

AND Cat, darlin....if you DO end up visiting here, you better let me know...we have some unfinished business to attend to :P xoxo

Cherokee_Mountaincat
May 7, 2011, 11:28 PM
yes Ma'am, we most certainly Do! lol *Note to self...better make vaction Two weeks instead of one....lol:bigrin:
Grinning Cat

HaoleGirl66
May 8, 2011, 5:55 PM
Hey TX people!! We live in TX but in GA on business, let us know of any TX gatherings of us like minded people....PLEASE!! LOL

niftyshellshock
May 9, 2011, 12:50 PM
:D I love the interest.

Houston's traffic is not bad...if you stay off 610 at 5 p.m. and 8 a.m. :)
San Antonio's issue is that, if you miss an exit, you have to wait a ways before you get back on track.

As it is, I'm open to meeting Houston folk for a drink or two sometime!

Cherokee_Mountaincat
May 9, 2011, 1:24 PM
So what town would be more centrally located? Better for a large group meeting, inexpensive hotels for us po' people, and semi close to airports? With me, I'd have to start saving a whole year to come, er, attend a gathering.
Someone set it up, I'd make a huge effort to go. :}
Cat

niftyshellshock
May 10, 2011, 9:25 PM
So what town would be more centrally located? Better for a large group meeting, inexpensive hotels for us po' people, and semi close to airports? With me, I'd have to start saving a whole year to come, er, attend a gathering.
Someone set it up, I'd make a huge effort to go. :}
Cat

I'd say Austin's probably the most centralized

_someone_
May 12, 2011, 12:22 AM
RE: Austin v San Antonio traffic, Austin may be busier especially on 35, but SA is just more aggressive! I drive in both about weekly, and SA can be as scary as being in the ring at a PBR event.. Austin is a lot more mellow... at least to me. (then again I am usually scootin' out 290 W to the Hill Country).Pretty much my experience. On the peak hours it is pretty bad, but I haven't seen many accidents and log jams occur at the other hours. Whereas it's actually less of a jam in SA in the night and the people are a lot scarier.

lizard-lix
May 12, 2011, 11:47 AM
I'd say Austin's probably the most centralized

I'd agree and Austin is also the most GLBT friendly

Pasadenacpl2
May 12, 2011, 2:05 PM
While I have no problem meeting in Austin, the traffic in Houston since I-10 construction and the 610 rennovation were completed has been significantly better than either Austin or SA. Also, as the home to the 2nd largest gay pride parade in fhe nation, I have to defend H-town's LGBT cred. Plenty of gay spots in the Montrrose. I'll invite you to the 611, my group's home bar.

Pasa

niftyshellshock
May 12, 2011, 3:22 PM
While I have no problem meeting in Austin, the traffic in Houston since I-10 construction and the 610 rennovation were completed has been significantly better than either Austin or SA. Also, as the home to the 2nd largest gay pride parade in fhe nation, I have to defend H-town's LGBT cred. Plenty of gay spots in the Montrrose. I'll invite you to the 611, my group's home bar.

Pasa

I just didn't want to be biased towards my new city. Midtown represent :p