PDA

View Full Version : BiCon 2011 - Who's going?

Bi_Druid
May 1, 2011, 11:53 AM
I guess this is gonna be more relivent to British members on here, but obviously not exclusively so.

So, who else is going to this year's Bi Con, to be held in Leicester?

softfruit
May 4, 2011, 1:23 PM
Me!

..again... cos there's nothing quite the same as that "bi is normal" space, even in my life which is pretty full of bi and queer and friendlies.

Plus, y'know, you meet some awesome people :)

softfruit
May 8, 2011, 9:46 AM
One of us should probably have said: BiCon website here (http://www.bicon2011.org.uk/). :flag4:

Bi_Druid
Aug 24, 2011, 10:34 AM
As it's now only just over a week away, I thought this thread deserved a little bump to the top, for those who may have missed it.

Also, I'm curious to know if you peeps over the other side of the pond have any bi specific/focused events like BiCon over here?

I know that we have many local groups dotted about the country, mostly in or arround the bigger cities like London, Manchester and Brighton. And these local groups are also known to throw (often annual) BiFests and/or events like Leicester's Big Bi Fun Day. We also do each try to do our bit raising the bisexual visibilty at the various Pride events.

And we also have the Bi Community News (BCN) newsletter magazine type thing.

I was wondering if you guys over in the states, or for that matter anyone else outside Britain, happens to have or run anything similar?

Or is it just one of our British eccentricities?:bibounce:

Gearbox
Aug 24, 2011, 10:43 AM
I've never heard of it. THAT'S how popular bi's are in the UK.:(

Bi_Druid
Aug 24, 2011, 10:49 AM
It's been going for 30 years. And has huge attendance. I recommend going, if only for 1 of the 4 days