PDA

View Full Version : Can't get chat to work

HwdBiGuy
May 6, 2006, 9:57 AM
I didn't want to post a technical question but I can't find a FAQ on this subject.
I goto chat and the java chat applet wont appear.
I am Java enabled and my anti-virus and firewall are configured to accept java chat.

Any suggestions?

Mimi
May 6, 2006, 12:35 PM
I don't know much about the technical stuff, so I would suggest contacting Drew, the Director, to see what he says.

Mimi :flag1:

jedinudist
May 6, 2006, 12:37 PM
When is the last time you tried? I just tried and it loaded for me.

Brian
May 6, 2006, 1:29 PM
I didn't want to post a technical question but I can't find a FAQ on this subject.
I goto chat and the java chat applet wont appear.
I am Java enabled and my anti-virus and firewall are configured to accept java chat.

Any suggestions? Hi. Click on the java test page link on the chat page. The problem is probably that you have an older version of Java on your computer - that is almost always the case with chat problems.

The one other thing to check is that your browser is allowing Java applets to be shown - usually this is not a problem because the default is to allow Java applets. In IE6: Tools > Internet Options > Advanced > then make sure the box under "Java" is enabled (or just press Restore Defaults).

I hope that helps.

- Drew :paw:

HwdBiGuy
May 7, 2006, 2:52 PM
Thanks for the reply Drew.

I have J2SE 5 v6 installed, plus i uninstalled and reinstalled it and it passes the jave test just fine.

I triple checked all my settings and cant figure it out.
I disabled my firewall and virus for a minute to test it and it wasnt that either.

When i figure it out ill post again.

rayosytruenos
May 7, 2006, 5:44 PM
Here it goes a thing that worked for most of us having the same problem:

When you log in, after entering your user name and password, check the box for the "remember me?" option. This simple thing seems to solve most problems with the chat. Hope this works for you too.

All the best,

ray :male: