PDA

View Full Version : What if the Prince was gay? or Bi?

DareMe
Apr 29, 2011, 8:35 AM
Would the crown tolerate a big gay wedding?

Half serious, half facetious comment!

Without prejudice to the royal institution, I wonder how the events would go "down"?

DM

DuckiesDarling
Apr 29, 2011, 8:42 AM
Honestly, I'd say no. Look at what happened when King Edward VIII wanted to marry Wallis Simpson. He was told he couldn't since the people would never accept a Queen with two living ex spouses and that it would conflict with his status as the head of the Church of England, he abdicated and went on with his life and his love. I think having a person termed unsuitable for marriage for any reason would not be the same as having an openly gay or bi monarch. I'd have to think that in conflicting with the Church of England they would have to renounce any claim to the throne in order to be true to who they were. Of course this is all just conjecture, I hope William and Kate have many children.

Darkside2009
Apr 29, 2011, 3:18 PM
Heirs to the throne cannot get married without the permission of the Sovereign.

bizel
Apr 29, 2011, 4:00 PM
i had exactly the same thought. naughty me. william, kate and harry are apparently going to be living together after the wedding. and my naughty mind instantly saw the three of them rolling about on a bed. how does one rein in a wayward imagination???

Long Duck Dong
Apr 29, 2011, 7:29 PM
if the prince was bi or gay ???? mmm... the only issue that would cause major issues, is them having a same sex partner and wanting to express their love.....

will could be bi and we would never know, cos he has married kate, and we would view that as something a good number of bisexuals do.... marry women....

yes, he has a simple, honest attractiveness about him that draws me... but not in a sexual way... the same with kate..... and being bisexual myself, I would say that I would find good friends in them, without the need for sex.....

I would say the queen and the church would shit bricks if either of them came out as bisexual.... and it would be interesting to see the reactions of people towards a statement about will and kates sexuality.....

honestly, its really none of my business who they sleep with....

mikey3000
Apr 29, 2011, 8:17 PM
What do you mean if? Homosexuality is rampant amongst the Brittish aristocracy. Charles got caught in bed with another man a few years back. No big deal. They just marry a woman and carry on.

http://www.usatoday.com/life/2003-11-10-prince-charles_x.htm

And George Smith, the servant who broke the story? Found dead a short time later.

Bicuriousity
Apr 29, 2011, 8:48 PM
Ive often thougt Prince was gay, but he has been with many hot women so hes probably bi. Love his music
:tongue:

softfruit
Apr 30, 2011, 12:28 PM
Thanks to the current left-right coalition government Britain's getting pretty close to legalising same-sex marriage, so by the time we have a Prince wanting one, it'll probably be all OK. Wouldn't be surprised if we get rid of the gender rules on succession to the throne, too.

On same sex marriage though: particularly if it's someone not too close to heir-to-the-throne status. Harry could probably get away with it in 2016!

Darkside2009
Apr 30, 2011, 3:53 PM
This might throw some light on the matter for those who are interested.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Royal_Marriages_Act_1772

George 1V, married a Roman Catholic, Mrs Fitzherbert in secret, the marriage was held invalid, despite their children. George later married Princess Caroline of Brunswick, whom he detested at first sight.

Apparently, on the death of Napoleon Bonaparte, the King was told his greatest enemy was dead, to which he is said to have replied:-

'Is she, by God.'

The marriage was not a happy one and he barred her from his Coronation.

drugstore cowboy
Apr 30, 2011, 10:09 PM
What do you mean if? Homosexuality is rampant amongst the Brittish aristocracy. Charles got caught in bed with another man a few years back. No big deal. They just marry a woman and carry on.

http://www.usatoday.com/life/2003-11-10-prince-charles_x.htm

And George Smith, the servant who broke the story? Found dead a short time later.

Yeah it's no secret that Charles is closeted and gay.

softfruit
May 1, 2011, 11:45 AM

If true - and I know neither one way nor another on that - that differs from 1000s of other men of his generation little.

Katja
May 1, 2011, 1:26 PM

Is that so? And you have evidence of that which would stand up in a court of law should he decide to take issue with what you say?