PDA

View Full Version : Tattoo

ckingphotos
Apr 22, 2011, 5:52 PM
Anybody know of a site (I have been searching) to find a good bisexual pride tattoo idea? Any LGBT friendly tattoo sites? :male::male::female::bipride:

DuckiesDarling
Apr 22, 2011, 6:06 PM
I'd say your best bet is to check with tattoo parlors in your town to find a good one, worry about whether they are LGBT friendly as a second thought. The most important is to find one that is certified in Bloodborne pathogens and fully licensed. A tattoo artist, a real tattoo artist, will put on your skin whatever you bring to them or design with them, without judgements, for them it's not just their art, it's their walking advertisement. So they will do an excellent job and get more and more referrals as you show off your tattoo. First question when showing off new tattoo is normally "Did it hurt?" then "Where did you get it done? or Who did it?"

I have two tattoos and only one I wish to change cause it has a date on it. One was messed up in a wreck but not too badly. Let me attach a couple pics here if it works right for me and power doesn't go off again.

The wolves picture is taken right after the bandage came off, the other was just a bit of tribal wall flash. You can still see some of the healing scars from the wreck. I got hit by a PTCruiser and it rolled my Blazer quite a few times, first roll cracked the drivers window, subsequent rolls ground my arm into the glass and pavement. Still have pavement in my elbow, permanent discoloration that isn't from a tattoo. Good luck and let us know how it turns out :)

ckingphotos
Apr 22, 2011, 6:10 PM
Thanks Duckie!

DuckiesDarling
Apr 22, 2011, 6:11 PM
Quite welcome :)

bityme
Apr 22, 2011, 9:37 PM
Anybody know of a site (I have been searching) to find a good bisexual pride tattoo idea? Any LGBT friendly tattoo sites? :male::male::female::bipride:

I thought about the same thing myself. I finally found a Bi Pride Logo that I liked. I'm still not sure if I want to do it permanently, so I had some temporary tattoos made from the design and I'm testing them out. So far all the reactions I have gotten have been positive.

Pappy

Long Duck Dong
Apr 22, 2011, 11:26 PM
one tattoo that I have seen that was very nice ( full credits to the artist ) was a celtic weave armband design, that incorporated the bi pride logos and the bi colours.....

I remarked on the design and the guy told me that most people see it as a nice tattoo, people like me read the tattoo and the *story * it was telling.....

yeah if I was to get another tattoo, I would follow the guys example and weave a * story * into the arm band for those that can * read *

the trouble for me, is while I could do that, its not a advertisement for sexual activities.....

drugstore cowboy
Apr 22, 2011, 11:48 PM
Get a better tattoo besides the lame bisexual symbol, the rainbow flag, or the bisexual flag with its fugly colours.

All of the tattoos based on sexuality that I've ever seen have been pointless.

Maggot
Apr 23, 2011, 6:15 AM
Duckie's right about checking out the tattoist's credentials first and foremost.

Amongst my several tattoos, I have a largish (5 x 4 inch) 8 point compass/star design incorporating other symbols that have meaning to myself on my upper right arm, in pink, blue, purple [bi fugly colours], yellow, black and grey shading. Took around 3 hours of continuous tattooing to complete. I also have Ohm in lavender, that one only took about half an hour.

I think the temporary tattoo idea is a great one.

wrbi01
Apr 23, 2011, 11:12 AM
Duckie is right... spend the time to find the right person... took me 6 months. Get what YOU want... dont let the comments of *seagull posters like Drugstore Cowboy influence what you get. You are the one who has to like it... Not them.

I designed my own, found an artist who could do the work the way I wanted it and had great refrences and had been in the business for a good while. I lucked out on all levels.

*seagull posters - They fly into a thread, shit on everything then fly off.:cool:

orangejelly
Apr 23, 2011, 3:11 PM
I have a mate who has the bi moons on his forearm, but the tattooist was awful and it doesn't look that great (I wouldn't be happy with the work) but the idea is a cool one, i might get it by a good artist. If you haven't seen it it merges the 3 bicolours in 2 moons.

I was also looking at the flag as a thin strip on my inner wrist, but im toying whether or not it will look good.

the BiAwarenessRibbon looks cool.

I'm interested to what anyone has also or think might be good, as I really want one too, but I air a word of caution because the temporary one above look suspiciously like a swingers logo I've seen:eek:

I am getting a peacock which symbolises for me my bisexual pride and love for burlesque/pride/luxury/flamboyancy, which is personal to me, but will be my story to tell;)

genera101.2
Apr 23, 2011, 4:13 PM
Google image search. I have a Greek key armband and Chinese calligraphy on my back. Both of which represent bisexuality.

TaylorMade
Apr 23, 2011, 4:58 PM
^ And they're really good looking. You should see his chest piece too. :bigrin:

I have a bow and arrow on my thigh... I got 'em done in the tricolors simply b/c the original colors it came in (Red/yellow) wouldn't show properly on my skin.

*Taylor*

Darkside2009
Apr 23, 2011, 9:19 PM
I presume you two know each other as you both have identical photos on your profile.

dickhand
Apr 24, 2011, 10:51 AM
My avatar would be the tattoo of my choice . Haven't seen any others that I really like as a simple symbol of bisexuality .

Maggot
Apr 24, 2011, 12:08 PM
Variations on a star/compass are good, the sailors star is traditional symbol for identifying oneself as being queer.

I'm working up a half sleeve at present, finalising the last details - it's been stuck on my wall for the last 6 months being tweaked from time to time. A bit girly and floral, not counting for the snake, with bi colours worked through it.

Most tattoists are pretty good artists, when you find the one, they'll be able to help you create the tattoo that you want - if you can provide something as clear cut as the bi logo in your pictures, then you're onto a winner, give them a nice sharp image and they can run everything from there. You might want to go a little bigger, and position a little higher (if only from a pain threshold point).

A few words of advice on finding a tattoist.

(i) Personal recommendation - always a good place to start, but don't go just on that. Check out reviews on line, if you see someone with a great tattoo - ask where they got it done, and how they felt about the tattoist.

(ii) Go see the tattoist, have a look around - any tattoist worth the money will let you have a look around, discuss the equipment, health and safety etc.

(iii) Are you comfortable with the tattoist? Might seem an odd question, but you need to have faith in this person to do a good job, and if you are not comfortable with him or her, then you'll be tense, it will hurt more, you will twitch and you wont get a good tattoo.

(iv) Discuss the tattoo before you get it done, what you are expecting it to look like, colours etc. Everyone sees/describes colour differently, if you can show them the colours you want, it makes it easier for them to get a decent match, and a better tattoo.

(v) Try to relax, the more relaxed you are, the easier it is for the tattoist - not easy whilst being stuck full of needles I know - but try, and DO NOT FIDGET, it's really hard drawing on someone who keeps moving.

littlerayofsunshine
Apr 24, 2011, 12:58 PM
I agree alot with what Maggot says (Darling you have no idea how hard it is for me to call you that even if it is your username. You write so eloquently *smiles*)

I have seen many tattoos turned in to bi tattoos or hell, pride tattoos even just by the color scheme.

If you are wanting something to specifically match an idea you may possibly have for a pride tattoo. Research parlors online, or individual artists and see the kind of work they do. Then go there and meet with them directly. Most places are highly open to a free consultation with anyone of their artists you specifically request. If after that time you don't see one you specifically desire, don't be afraid to venture inside and see each artists book on their work. Most artists have one and if they dont, Well then happily pass them by. A good artist is proud of their work.

Most will do a custom drawing of what you want or of what they feel will best suit you depending on your desires and the fee for a draw up is usually not that nominal. I have had quotes of 20+ dollars on top of the tattooing fee. which a one of a kind drawing is priceless IMHO. Make sure they go over the guidelines and care of your tattoo before you even get it. That way your work is guaranteed and for free if they have to recolor or adjust something as long as it isn't a major refix. If you walk in and you are confident and comfortable, listen to your gut and leave.

A tattoo is permanent and its better to wait a little longer for something that you'll be utterly pleased with than be stuck with something you'll use desperate man hours trying to find someone to fix.

Darkside2009
Apr 24, 2011, 9:59 PM
Pappy,

Your temporary tat seems to be reversed, the correct symbol for males has the arrow upright and pointing to the right at the one o'clock position. You might want to rethink yours, before you have it done permanently. :)

DuckiesDarling
Apr 24, 2011, 10:07 PM
*hands Darkside a mirror*, advises to look at pics through mirror :)