PDA

View Full Version : 10 years! OMG

sammie19
Apr 13, 2011, 8:36 PM
Tonight my partner took me out to dinner. Last night actually since it is now after midnight. It has never been an unusual thing for we often eat out so my assumption when she said was "Nice." That was all. I looked forward to it but cant say I was any more excited than any other dinner out which was not for a birthday or any other special occasion. So I thought nothing of it but as I always do I did my face and hair and made myself look as good for her as I could.

We got down to the Inn where we were to have dinner, and we had a lovely romantic little corner all to ourselves. Megan got us up some drinks and we sipped on them while we perused the menu. To cut a long story short we ate. We chatted and laughed as we always do and drank a few glasses of wine. After the sweet Meggie excused herself because she needed the loo.I sat at the table thinking what a lovely evening it had been and Meg came back sat down and handed me a huge bunch of rhe most beautiful deep red roses you ever did see. The waiter plonked a champage bucket on the table, opened the bottle, poured out a glass each and said "Congratulations Madam". Madam? I did feel old. Congratulations for what?

I looked at Megan quizzically, open mouthed and completely confused. I didn't know what the hell was going on. Meg smiled and told me something I should have known but didn't. It was the 10th anniversary of that first kiss. The day we realised how we felt and what we wanted. The day it hit me that I wasn't a heterosexual girl at all. The day I knew I was in love and the direction of my life changed completely.

Up until a few short weeks ago we had been separated because of what I thought I wanted. I loved Megan but that hadn't seemed enough. So I left. I was unhappy and getting unhappier with each passing day. Nothing was working. She reclaimed me just that few weeks ago and I have been walking on air ever since babbling about her like the little idiot I am to anyone who would listen.

I now know that I may want other things, but have grown up enough not to need them. I almost threw it all away and it wasnt worth it. And tonight, or last night rather, the icing was on the cake. Five months of ever increasing unhappiness are now ended and last night, the 10th anniversary of our first proper kiss brought home to me more than anything just how lucky I am and how stupid and selfish I had been and what a soft, mushy clutz the woman I love happens to be.:)

innaminka
Apr 13, 2011, 9:06 PM
Congratulations, and may there be many, many more.

I've got 8 years to go!!! :female::love::female:

IndyBiFun
Apr 13, 2011, 9:39 PM
Very beautiful and very nice Sammie.

It sounds like the two of you have discovered something special to hang on to and treasure.

Congrats on celebrating your first kiss and here's hoping you are still celebrating in ten more years!

redheadchick
Apr 13, 2011, 10:13 PM
Congrats Sammie, that sounds like it will become a very beautiful and lasting memory for the two of you!

Fishie and I celebrate when we first met because it resonates the strongest to us and reminds us that we loved each other right from the start. It has now been a little over 2 years since we met on this very site and we could not be happier. Now, we're engaged and are moving in together after I graduate from college this May.

As Fishie and I have made some wonderful memories and will one day get to our 10th year anniversary, I only hope that they will be as heart-felt and loving as with you and Megan (which also happens to be Fishie's name, lol.)

Best of luck to the both of you and many more anniversaries of happiness.

DuckiesDarling
Apr 13, 2011, 10:52 PM
Beautiful post and beautiful memory, Sammie. I wish you and Meg all the happiness your hearts can hold and hope that someday you'll be posting on here about 20 years, 30 years and so forth. Hugs you both.

Bicuriousity
Apr 13, 2011, 11:24 PM
Congrats. This year at the end of july will be the 10th anniversary of my first experience with another guy. It still is my hottest experience, unfortunately it was a one night stand but incredible. I wish i had 10 years of experiences with that guy!

gfofbiguy
Apr 13, 2011, 11:48 PM
Congratulations on your 10-year-anniversary! I wish you both many years of happiness to come ♥♥♥

onewhocares
Apr 14, 2011, 12:08 AM
Congratulations my dear. What a special memory you shall always treasure.
Belle

Cherokee_Mountaincat
Apr 14, 2011, 12:45 AM
Awww Sweetie...Congrats. May you both have mannnyyy mannny more!;)
Hugzz
Cat

darkeyes
Apr 14, 2011, 3:03 AM
Awwwww Sam... she kept that 1 under wraps didnt she? Is good 2 hear u so chipper again after months of long faces.. congrats me luffly 2 both ofya from all of us.. a memory which will live in your hearts and minds as long as u live..:)

F K an the Nutkins

sammie19
Apr 14, 2011, 7:08 AM
Teach me to have a nice night out. Slept late this morning. Forgot to set the alarm and didn't open my eyes until well after 11.:eek: Work are not happy.:( Just as well I leave in a few weeks.:bigrin:

Realist
Apr 14, 2011, 8:20 AM
Damn, I love happy love stories!

Congratulations, Sammie!

darkeyes
Apr 14, 2011, 10:00 AM
Teach me to have a nice night out. Slept late this morning. Forgot to set the alarm and didn't open my eyes until well after 11.:eek: Work are not happy.:( Just as well I leave in a few weeks.:bigrin:

Who a lil lazy cow then??:eek: Or wos it summat a lil more energetic an strenuous wich tired ya out so much, hmmm??:rolleyes: So not a lazy cow.. a mucky cow instead!!!!:bigrin:

Darkside2009
Apr 14, 2011, 6:59 PM
Your tenth anniversary? Did you two meet as eggs or something? lol ;) Glad you had a nice time, may it always be so.

darkeyes
Apr 15, 2011, 3:20 AM
Your tenth anniversary? Did you two meet as eggs or something? lol ;) Glad you had a nice time, may it always be so.

Am very fond of eggs Darkside hun.. butya wudn get me dippin me bread soldiers inta boiled Megg or poached Sam ages that 2 wer wen they first tongue wiggled... :tong:;)

**Peg**
Apr 17, 2011, 11:53 AM
congrats sammie :)

and Fran good to have you back and I'm a fan of toad-in-the-hole maself :bigrin:

tape2
Apr 18, 2011, 5:38 AM
Go girl!

darkeyes
Apr 18, 2011, 5:53 AM
congrats sammie :)

and Fran good to have you back and I'm a fan of toad-in-the-hole maself :bigrin:

Ta Granmumsie.. me an all funnily enuff... :bigrin: But bread soldiers in u no wots? No ta.. Meg wud break me bloody fingers for a start!!!:eek:

CuddlyKate
Apr 18, 2011, 7:05 AM
Ta Granmumsie.. me an all funnily enuff... :bigrin: But bread soldiers in u no wots? No ta.. Meg wud break me bloody fingers for a start!!!:eek:

She isn't the only one, darling. Your toes are very vulnerable too.;)