PDA

View Full Version : Really strange events

Realist
Apr 9, 2011, 11:28 PM
Today, I was talking to a fellow I met on here, who lives several states away. We've been talking for some time and have a lot of the same ideas, interests, and history. The miles between us and a few other issues makes it impossible for us to meet, but we remain good pen-pals.

He's in his early 50s and has been bi-curious since high school, but has never acted on his urges. Recently divorced, he decided to advertise for a like-minded fellow, in hopes that, if they "click" they can explore a friendship and maybe their sexuality, too. He was very specific and careful to spell out what he would like to do with someone who's interests were the same as his.

The first person who answered his ad, gave him a number to call. He dialed it, getting a familiar voice on the other end. Thinking he was mistaken, he continued listening to the fellow, until he was positive he knew the person.

He then, asked the guy his name and it was who he thought it was! He proved to be a fellow he'd known for years, felt attractions for, but had never admitted it!

When the guy on the other end of the line confirmed who he was, my friend also identified himself...the guy was elated! He's also felt the same way, but had refrained from coming out, as well!

They agreed to meet, had coffee, and found out they had many more things in common than they ever dreamed.

They have a date planned for tomorrow. They are going fishing, then out to eat tomorrow evening.

I think it's remarkable that they'd known each other for years and had the same desires and dreams.

I really hope it works out for them.

Life can deliver surprises, still!

Anyone else had a situation that had an amazing and surprising out-come?

Darkside2009
Apr 10, 2011, 7:02 AM
Going fishing on a first date? lol I couldn't help but smile at that. I wonder what the next line would be, 'Are you coming back to my place to gut the fish?' Not withstanding, I did find it an amusing story.

Can you imagine the reaction if the voice on the other end of the line that he recognised had been his brother? lol

The scenario has been dealt with in films a few times, a Jimmy Stewart film, 'Shop Around the Corner' about two people working in the same shop and of course, Meg Ryan and Tom Hanks, in 'You've Got Mail'

It has put a smile on my face thinking how one might film a Gay/Bi version, and if there would be an audience for such a film.

Katja
Apr 10, 2011, 7:26 AM
Life is often stranger than friction. The event I will describe is nothing to do with bisexuality.

When I was very young my parents put me in day nursery and when about 3 began to make an attachment to a little girl and a little boy. We became great friends. At 4 we all went to the same primary school, but the girl left when we are about 6 when her parents moved abroad. The boy and I remained great friends even when at 8 I was first sent away to private school.

In 2008 a gang of us, the boy included, took a cheap trip for a long weekend to Barcelona. There we became friendly with some Australians about our age. We got talking as you do and one of the girls happened to mention that she had been born in the same hospital as myself and her family only emigrated when she was 6. We mentioned to her the village in which we lived, and she sat open mouthed for a minute and and there was a spark of realisation and recognition in her eyes. It was indeed the same little girl we had been such good friends with so long ago.

There was no romantic ending to this reunion I am afraid, but three childhood friends had been reunited after almost 20 years, and have remained in constant contact ever since.

Darkside2009
Apr 10, 2011, 7:40 AM
That's nice, I like happy endings. Must be a sign I'm getting old. lol

Realist
Apr 10, 2011, 6:44 PM
Date's over with, they had a good day...kissed as they parted, plans for more, next weekend. Nice, I think.

Northerner
Apr 10, 2011, 8:36 PM
Date's over with, they had a good day...kissed as they parted, plans for more, next weekend. Nice, I think.

Whether it goes anywhere or not, I'm glad to hear it started well. So nice to hear a happy story.

Darkside2009
Apr 10, 2011, 10:02 PM
Doesn't the poor bloody fish, get a mention in all this? After all he gave his all.lol:rolleyes: