PDA

View Full Version : A very bad and irritable patient

CuddlyKate
Apr 9, 2011, 7:30 AM
You make have noticed that darkeyes has not been about of late. Frances collapsed at home late on Sunday evening and was rushed into hospital. I have been rather preoccupied with worry, work and the children and I am afraid you have been quite low on my list of priorities. The school holidays began last weekend and she had felt that all she required to get back to her more usual self was the break away from work. Unfortunately she hasn't had the opportunity to fully benefit from the spring holidays.

Frances has been diagnosed as suffering from exhaustion which is partly explained by her work activities, and out of her activities concerning some friends of her's in Bahrain. She has both looked and been very tired and I have been sniping at her to slow down and get more rest. Snipes which fell on very deaf ears. Everything came to a head on Sunday when a mixture of stress and sleepless nights finally took their toll.

Tests have also been carried out to diagnose a blood irregularity which they feel may have been an additional factor and contributed to her exhaustion, but as yet these have proved inconclusive. Further tests are being carried out.

The enforced rest has done her good at least inasmuch as she has been deprived of her computer (my decision) and her telephone (also my decision) something which she is extremely unhappy about but I want her better not using the hospital ward as a home from home!

Frances hopes to be discharged on Monday, at least temporarily, but is determined that she will be out of hospital in time to go back to work after the school holidays. I am extremely unhappy about this plan of hers, but she is adamant that if they do not discharge her then she will discharge herself. The SQA exams begin after Easter and she feel she has to be there for her students at least until their exams are over. Then and only then is she prepared she says to rest up properly and more closely follow medical advice.

You will be happy to know she is bitching a great deal about everything and everyone conspiring to keep her "locked up". As long as she moans about the conspiracies around her, then we know she isn't taking illness lying down. She is also moaning and groaning about the glorious weather we are having and how she is being deprived of her beloved sunshine.

DuckiesDarling
Apr 9, 2011, 7:44 AM
awww Kate, hugs hon and send her one from me and Duck. She needs to slow down and take care of herself. Awesome decision of yours to keep the computer and the phone away from her, it might just allow her to take stock and realize that some other things in life can wait until she takes care of herself.

elian
Apr 9, 2011, 8:29 AM
I hope you both can get some rest soon. I know it's hard to be away from "communication tools" when you are so used to the computer and the phone but they do add quite a lot of stress on a daily basis. Every once in a while it is good to get away, I'm sorry it has to be in hospital but at least it's one of the safer places for her to be while she is recuperating.

I will keep both of you in my thoughts and prayers! <hugs>

Cherokee_Mountaincat
Apr 9, 2011, 1:17 PM
Miss Kate, please give her a hug from a fellow educator please? Huggzzz to you both.
Cat

Hephaestion
Apr 9, 2011, 3:42 PM
Regards and good wishes to the little madam.

H.

PS - Have you thought about nailing her slippers to the floor?

void()
Apr 9, 2011, 6:49 PM
Void builds a coracle, stuffs in a half empty rucksack and heads out. In the rucksack, void's personal light 'snatch and run' rescue kit , sits. "No worries, Fran. Be there in a spot to pull ye out of that alien contraption called hospital."

"Daft gits, dinnae ye know hospital is fer the dying? S'where them e.t. folks make old peoples into babies again. But ye got to die first."

Void rambles on incoherently about silly putty and sea urchins having meaning to the cause of one Juan Loupe of Castillia, France. He paddles steadily.

N.B.

The above is pure surrealist humor. Be well, Fran, even beyond just living. You need to be well. Seems like some one there needs you. :) So, be well for her.

onewhocares
Apr 9, 2011, 8:00 PM
Miss Kate,

I am sorry to hear of dear Frances's time in hospital, but I am sure it was warenteed as she tends to be so concerned about everyone else, and often, most often, neglects herself. I am SO glad that YOU are putting your foot down and taking away the communication. Frances should heed your wishes. We shall look forward to her return ONLY when she is well enough.

Belle in Boston

csrakate
Apr 9, 2011, 8:59 PM
Kate,
Tell Frances that Mumsie said to get her little tart ass back in that bed and to listen to you! LOL!

Give her a big hug for me and tell her that I am sending get well wishes her way! Best of luck to you, Kate...I KNOW she has to be a terrible patient!

Much love,
Kate aka Mumsie

curious married m
Apr 9, 2011, 9:20 PM
Kate,
Tell Frances that Mumsie said to get her little tart ass back in that bed and to listen to you! LOL!

Give her a big hug for me and tell her that I am sending get well wishes her way! Best of luck to you, Kate...I KNOW she has to be a terrible patient!

Much love,
Kate aka Mumsie

I second that what Mumsie said and tell her if she doesn't, I will come over there and demand that 3some I have always insisted on.

Lots of Love,
The ole goatface.

Realist
Apr 9, 2011, 10:57 PM
Mind your SUPERIORS, Fran, and get well soon!

nicco413
Apr 10, 2011, 2:39 AM
So sorry at the news but as others have said, tell her to do what she is told- make her do as she is told and getb her back well and fit soon - I have missed her little diatribes and always struggled with her style of posting - at my age mental stimulation is essential

sammie19
Apr 10, 2011, 3:52 AM
Its a gloriously warm day outside today. I walked the dogs down by Cramond this morning and it felt so good to be alive. Megan and I are having a nice drive out in the sun and will find a nice quiet place to do some nekky sunning and have a luvly pub lunch. The thought of my Aunty Flan stuck in hospital feeling miserable and not well makes me want to cry but I comfort myself sure in the knowledge that we shall be made to pay for this selfish extravagance of living in time.:)

Get well Fran. Life is so hard on the outside while you live the life of Riley being fussed over and waited on hand and foot.;)

gooniegoogoo
Apr 10, 2011, 6:45 AM
I hope that Franny will make a speedy recovery.

littlerayofsunshine
Apr 10, 2011, 12:52 PM
Our poor Fran, Kate and Family. I do hope she heeds advice and takes care of herself and rests as she needs. How can she save us all from injustice if she's not taking the time to care for herself? I worry for her and hope that she feels better soon. Please tell her, that the sun will still be there when she is better and a little ray of it is praying for you all.

meteast chick
Apr 11, 2011, 4:17 AM
Oh Kate my thoughts are with you hun. I suppose it's like having another stubborn child who won't mind you. The best of luck to you and to Fran for a speedy recovery.

luv and hugs,
xoxoxoxoxoxo
meteast

Bluebiyou
Apr 11, 2011, 8:11 AM
Exhaustion?!?
Our Frances? My Frances?
(poetic meter kinda like "Oh Captain, My Captain" allusion)
I keep forgetting she's a lithe barely 30 something beauty.
In my mind I picture her as a strong matriarchal 50 year old freight train, at the peak of her force and energy.
Kate, please send my love and a message for Fran to remember:

Dirty Harry (the most male ego extended character since John Wayne) once soundly advised us men:
"A man's got to know his limitations."
Certainly the same applies to a woman who shall one day be the strongest, matriarchal, 50 year old freight train in Scotland.
Chill, Frances my love.
Pace yourself and sensibly search if there's other medical reasons behind your exhaustion. Whether a cyst on the ovaries, low blood pressure, or you're wearing your corset too tight (to look good for men)... these things are best found early.
With love and the best wishes I can send over the world's spiritual 'feeling net' (a future competitor to the present internet)...
Blue

P.S. Wow, what a future opportunity! Instead of 'paypal' there will be project-good-feelings... pal! (Kind of a 'Celestine Prophesies' derivative). LOL

darkeyes
Apr 12, 2011, 4:59 AM
Dont push it Blue... tee hee..

Well am out.. chains are off and am tootling about wiv a tag... least thats how it feels.. have me orders from the quacks an the luffly Naggy..

Yea.. do feel washed out... nuthin worsen wakenin up in an ambulance an feelin like death.. dont recommend it..

.. do feel much better tho ta. the buggers let me come home yesterday as much cos I insisted as ne thin else.. just wanna b at home.. so much for the school hols.. an now am out the bloody weather has gone downhill.. typical... am sposed 2 rest..no l8 nites..no alcohol (woe is me!!).. no stress.. no smokin (gave that up years ago).. no work. well they can bugga off wiv that cos have told em I will not take a sick note cos am needed at school up till middle a May wen the kids finish ther exams.. have been told on my head b it... fine wiv me. Spoke 2 me Principal an at least get undastanding from ther..NOT from kate who is givin me earache an not from me mum and dad who r givin me more.. well.. they want me 2 take it easy then they had betta start easin up on me.. no stress kids rite?? Afta middle a May they can have me as ther experimental guinea pig/play thing.. an will do as me told.. will do as me told at home an all..an will chill... mostly.. some things I cant put away.. mite ease up..

They havent yet found wots wrong wiv me blood.. very low white blood cell count an they dunno wy.. no sign of infection ne wer.. but do hav shitty lil sniffle an coff wich is gettin on me tits.. feel like a heterosexual tart.. more pricks than hot dinnas wiv alla the bloody needles they stuck inta me.. haffa me blood has gone. more tests than they can possiby know wot 2 do wiv.. havta go 2 c me consultant every week.. c me GP also.. an if I feel partic shitty an ne thin nasty recurs hav 2 go str8 back.. they r not happy me is on the loose as it is.. tuff titty.

Am not bein silly honest.. not brave eitha.. am just easier in me mind at 'ome wiv Kate an the kids.. am not at death's door an so it was they let me out or me discharged mesel...the nosh is betta an all... hosp food.. jeez.. they wer tryin 2 kill me off am sure... slop! An even wenya order summat, they cant get it right.. twice ended up wiv cauli cheese... like cauli cheese.. but not the crap they called cauli cheese.. an not wen me'd ordered lamb chops one day an fish the next... the NHS is is a frantabulous thing.. but it is NOT a gud cook...

Have promised 2 take it easy an will.. on me own terms and in me own way.. am I right? dunno.. but it seems right 2 me...

Ta for all the luffly messages... ya always wer the luffliest buncha tarts an dicks... wont b about 2 much cos thats a promise I made 2 the 1 wiv the triff legs... an Shiv is off school at the moment so she is keepin an eye on me..an wotta right lil clipe she is turnin out 2 b:tong:... dontcha just luff 'er?:bigrin:

Thanx 'gain u luffly ratbags... luff u an all...:)

sammie19
Apr 12, 2011, 7:51 AM
Glad you're home. Now stop playing silly and do as people tell you for once in your life. Which if I may remind u Fran, u only have one. I understand why you feel as u do about work, but its up to them to fix that. There are supply teachers and if u have done your job right, a few weeks without u wont harm them.

Much luv:)

chook
Apr 12, 2011, 4:35 PM
Hi CuddlyKate, Please tell the old fleabag that there is 24 hours in a day and not to get her knickers in a knot cause it cuts off the circulation to the brain.

But all jokes aside I hope she is feeling much better.....then again if she's bitching like a beauty she's definitely on the road to recovery :cutelaugh

Anyway Fran LOOK AFTER YOURSELF!!!!!!!!!!

Cheers Chook :bigrin:

darkeyes
Apr 13, 2011, 7:00 AM
Old? Fleabag? Get me knickers in a knot? Bitchin'?:eek: Look me ole upside down head am many things.. but fleabag? Old? cheeky sod.. an me neva bitches.. an havin a knot in me knickers indeed.. how wud me get 'em on? :tong: Do tend 2 get 'em in a lil twist occasionally... but thats cosa folk like u callin me old an a fleabag that duz that...:tong:

gooniegoogoo
Jun 2, 2011, 3:24 PM
Who you callin a ratbag, you you northern welsh gammon muncher!