PDA

View Full Version : After the Storm Checkin

DuckiesDarling
Apr 4, 2011, 10:27 PM
We had a major system move through the US today it was going to affect 20 states, stretched from Dallas to Chicago, high winds and hail, tornadoes in some areas. We had a bad storm here with high wind, never saw any hail and at one point I fell asleep and woke up with the power off. When the power came back on it was stories of a building collapsing with a man inside, tornadoes in a couple states around me. So I made it through, how about y'all? Everyone in the affected areas okay?

Realist
Apr 4, 2011, 11:52 PM
It's gonna hit Florida, tomorrow morning. We had a bout with storms last week, too. I got over 7" of rain in two days. Tornadoes, over near Tampa and close to me, too. I think one person died, several homes ruined, lost of tress, power's out, still, in some places. Flooding in the low land, near the coast. I've been lucky, so far.

Glad you slept through it, DD!

BfloBiFun
Apr 5, 2011, 12:38 AM
Thats why I live in Buffalo NY where the weather is ALWAYS nice. . . . LoL :tongue:

Bluebiyou
Apr 5, 2011, 12:47 AM
Thats why I live in Buffalo NY where the weather is ALWAYS nice. . . . LoL :tongue:

ROFLMAO
yeah, no snow in Buffalo or Tonawanda, I know what you mean! I got your joke anyway...

Yoyome100
Apr 5, 2011, 8:29 AM
ROFLMAO
yeah, no snow in Buffalo or Tonawanda, I know what you mean! I got your joke anyway...

Just a great deal of wind in Indy, glad your OK DD.

12voltman59
Apr 5, 2011, 11:37 AM
That storm sure has kicked some serious butt along a big swath of the eastern US--it didn't hit this area hardly at all save about twenty minutes of some rough weather--but it has taken some lives in many places in the south and is one of the worst events of its type just about ever with a record number of wind damage events including straight line winds and tornadoes, hail, lightning and other severe weather situations.

Guess its all just part of spring in a volatile world.

I do have to say---the river flooding we had a few weeks back I had posted on---wound up not being too bad--the effects were rather limited---unless of course it was your home or business that got flooded--but the rains stopped and the river began to drop--it is pretty much back to normal river levels now--even though after this bout of weather with some heavy rains--I am sure it will come back up--but hopefully not back up to flood levels again.

I hope that everyone comes through the spring storm season unscathed.

Cherokee_Mountaincat
Apr 5, 2011, 1:30 PM
I just pray that all of our people, and all others too of course, rode the storms out and are safe and well..:}
Cat

12voltman59
Apr 5, 2011, 6:25 PM
Could you imagine what the people of Japan, Christ Church, NZ and still the people of Haiti are dealing with and I think I heard something about some big quake in some far distant part of China again---so it does seem that many people are falling victim to earthquakes and other natural disasters of that order--and of course--with Japan--add in the situation with those nuclear reactors---who knows how that is going to play out at this point???

Lets just hope that this series of quakes in the Pacific rim don't lead to others--like along the western coasts of the US and Canada.