PDA

View Full Version : Asian Persuasion?

Mr GNG
Mar 30, 2011, 1:19 PM
Now before we start, I don’t know too much about Asian culture, I one thing I have discovered is this.

Looking back over my posted ads on various sites; one thing has become very apparent. Out of the 37 responses or contacts I’ve had regarding meeting for a sexual encounter, 29 of those are from Asian men. The vast majority are married too, and wish to keep things in secrecy from their wifes and families.
I know this must be an issue of culture restrictions, rather than living a life of open sexuality. I guess because of this they must be more willing to take more risks to fulfill their sexual need?

Anyone have any insight on this; or anyone have a similar experience.

actionpower
Mar 31, 2011, 2:10 AM
Hi! I'm a Asian. Some of married men are not straight or bisexual, they are gay. Their parents force their children to marry. This men don't know how to tell parent, because this parent can't accept their children who are gay.

For some people don't know that they like men before. But now they have children, they love their children or wife. They don't want to hurt wife and children. So they keep in secrecy.

I say this thing happen in old people more than in young people. Because when young people's parent force their children to marry, they will say a lot of reasons why they don't want to marry. :)

Hephaestion
Mar 31, 2011, 2:44 AM
Please clarify the term Asian.

Do you mean: Oriental; Indian sub-continent; Arabic (south of the 'stans); North of the 'stans, Turk.....etc?

Katja
Mar 31, 2011, 5:11 AM
Is this so very different to men from the west? Reading back threads I am not sure. From what the more sensational media tells us makes me even less sure. There may be a difference in prevalence I cannot say, but it does seem that it is more a male issue than one of race or culture.

It may even be a human issue, for I do know that such a thing occurs with married women also although I do believe to a much lesser degree. Now that I am divorced and have freed myself from the constrictures of marriage and upbringing I have seen it for myself. I don't know enough about asian cultures to say how prevalent it is within them, but it is almost certain to occur.

Nadir
Mar 31, 2011, 8:38 AM
Well, it sort of makes sense. If you read news about how people react to homosexuals in those countries or about the human rights of LGBT people in those countries you would know why some of them choose to marry and/or live closeted lives. For them it is easier this way. In most places of Asia homosexuality/bisexuality is still not accepted by the public. In China, por example, it only stopped being considered a mental illness just eleven years ago. In Iran (and most of the Islamic countries), gay people are hanged just for being who they are, or heavily persecuted. Some of them even choose to commit suicide out of desperation or lonelinnes, because they think that what they feel towards other people of the same sex is wrong. And that´s not going in African countries like Uganda and Zimbabwe. However, not all news are bad. For example, India decided to decriminalize consensual same-sex activity last year, which was good news for all the LGBT population there. However, the fight for respect and visibility still continues.

The thing is, the only countries that seem to completely accept and respect LGBT people and their rights are those in the Northern Hemisphere, especially Europe and North America (it will possibly have to do because we are more developed and because most of this countries are heavily secular, with a strong emphasis on human rights and human development before traditions, while on the Southern Hemisphere most of the people are poor, face conditions of war,famine,pestilence, persecution... conditions like those favour discrimination against those who are different, and also are heavily traditional with an emphasis on religion, especially Christian and Muslim).

Mr GNG
Apr 1, 2011, 6:07 PM
@ - Hepaestion. Ok for your clarification; Asian as in Indian, Pakistan etc… not Oriental as Chinese, Japanese etc.

@ - actionpower. What you have said is my belief too.

@ - Katja. In truth, I don’t doubt that; the numbers of gay or bi are the statistically similar in whatever country in the world you are in, the difference is; as Nadir pointed out, the restraints of a cultures attitude towards homosexuality that make people stay closeted. This totally makes sense of the high number of contacts I’ve had from Asian men searching for gay sexual encounters, using the net is the easiest way search out sexual partners without drawing suspicion to themselves, as trying to meet potentials in an open settings can cause fear of recognition and exposure.

@- Nadir. I totally agree with you. It’s down to the culture and the fear of revelation that inhibits open sexuality. If the same traditional family values, cultural religious restrictions or end up living in the same ethnic communities where these views are shared, it’s still going to a problem, no matter what country they’ve in.

Mr GNG
Apr 1, 2011, 6:13 PM
P.S. @ Katja thought this may Interest you; resent Survey Reports More Women Are Having Extramarital Affairs.
http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/231316/survey_reports_more_women_are_having.html

Katja
Apr 2, 2011, 8:13 AM
I don't doubt it for a moment Mr GNG. My point is not about woemn having extra marital affairs per se, but about married women having extra marital affairs with other women. I was one, and have some idea that we are so very little different from men.