PDA

View Full Version : More than a kiss?

delishousfemme
Mar 29, 2011, 1:40 AM
I'm a closeted bisexual woman.

Here is the situation:

You see your best friend from elementary school after 20 years. She was never huggy and touchy, but the 1st time she sees you she gives you a huge hug.

The second time a few months later she greets you at a reunion at her house with another huge hug before and after. Tells you how nice you look and she tells you that you should get together. Just friendly stuff.

You invite her out for coffee. Her emails are filled with excitement to get together. This time she walks in the coffee shop straight to you, greets you with a huge big hug and kisses you on the cheek. (which shocks you because she has never ever kissed you before). You kiss her on the cheek in return. You both take off your coats and she looks you up and down and tells you how good you look. The rest of the time her eyes are on yours as if there is no one else in the store but you. Before she leaves, again repeating over and over that you should do "this" again, she hugs you deeply.

Is there an attraction there? What do you think? Is it merely nostalgia?

DuckiesDarling
Mar 29, 2011, 3:21 AM
Honestly, it could be either. Just take it slow and get to know her a little better with emails and the coffee meets. Get a feel for her life and what she has been doing in the years since school. Women do tend to be more easily affectionate with friends without having any sexual reasonings behind it and sometimes they change as they age becoming less affectionate or more affectionate.

If you are comfortable enough perhaps after you get a feel for how she feels about bisexuals you could come out to her. But if you need to stay closeted then do so, I'm sure you have your reasons for that. Sounds like you have a chance to reconnect with an old friend and have them be a part of your life now, after a score of years I'm sure you both have many life changes to discuss.

So just take it very easy, if nothing else comes out of this you have your best friend from your early childhood back. Good luck.

darkeyes
Mar 29, 2011, 5:25 AM
Throughout our lives we change.. many from being outgoing happy go lucky to being sombre tightlipped and miserable.. many go the other way.. none of us stay the same.. life chhanges us all in the most surprising ways.. in 20 years I suspect this has happened to your friend but I dont know for sure.. only she can tell you that.. you could ask her.. not of course "do you fancy me".. just ask her why now she is so affectionate and demonstrative when once she was much more reticent. I would....

biinterested
Mar 29, 2011, 8:21 AM
yes, it is. Women, for what ever reason, are more affectionate than men and in this case a day at the spa and shower will tell you more. It might be a one time event, but still sounds like more.

Bisexual Explorer
Mar 29, 2011, 2:02 PM
This is a tough one. Looking at your pics, I can certainly believe that there is more than just nostalgia going on here. On the other hand, your old friend may just have become more physical as she has matured.
If it is just nostalgia, are you interested in getting deeper in the relationship?
If no, let this one go by; there will be others. If yes, then take it a step at a time and see where it leads.
g

Cherokee_Mountaincat
Mar 29, 2011, 5:55 PM
So take it slow and easy and see what developes. :} Did you have any feelings towards her? And next time she compliments you on how good you look, flirt in return and say, "You're looking rather lushious tonight too!"
Flattery and a little flirtage can get ya anywhere..lol
Good luck sweetie. :}
Cat

jimdawg
Mar 30, 2011, 3:01 PM
My instinct is to say that there's not much to go on, but its possible. A lot of women I wasn't close with do hug and kiss my cheeks, but it doesn't always mean attraction. Case in point, a childhood female friend, extreme lesbian with no attraction to men, always hugs and kisses me upon greeting.

And she never did that when we were kids at all. I don't remember too many little girls though hugging each other too much when I think back to school.

If you want to know if its possible, strike up a sexual conversation. I'm closeted, but at the same time, I'm open to some about my preferences to see what their preferences are. Give a little, take a little. If you want to know if she's interested, you have to be a bit brave.

innaminka
Mar 31, 2011, 7:14 PM
Cherokee's got it pretty right.
Of course don't go any further if you don't think you can respond in kind if your "suspicions" are correct.
If so, trust your instincts and respond in kind. The mating game has been going on since the snake chatted up Eve.

Be in control and let things happen. You'll probably know soon enough to either get serious or withdraw into a nice friendship.

sweetie pie
Mar 31, 2011, 11:57 PM
in my opinion, it sounds like she is attracted. my experience has shown that women don't say things like "i can't wait to see you" or "i've been thinking about you" or that sort of thing to other women unless they are attracted to them.

Lisa (va)
Apr 1, 2011, 10:22 AM
It could go either way. It could be that she is finds you attractive and wants something to develop, or it could be she finds you attractive and is just more of the affectionate type. I happen to one of them that greet friends and family with a hug and/or a kiss the same as many greet with a handshake: but that is not to say you can't tell the difference in the type of hug/kiss ( giving or getting ). As long as you are comfortable with it, let it take it's own course, and of course as earlier preluded too, you can return compliments in kind to her without commiting yourself to opening up to her completely ( about being bisexual ).
If you are correct in thinking there may be an 'attraction' then you have to decide to persue it: if not then you have your best friend back.

Lisa

hugs n kisses