PDA

View Full Version : Liz Taylor RIP

DuckiesDarling
Mar 23, 2011, 2:15 PM
http://www.stuff.co.nz/entertainment/celebrities/4803599/Elizabeth-Taylor-dies

Congestive heart failure was the cause of death and the world loses another legend.

redheadchick
Mar 23, 2011, 3:21 PM
I haven't seen many movies with her, but one of my favorites is National Velvet. Truly a wonderful actress. RIP Elizabeth.

Realist
Mar 23, 2011, 5:02 PM
She was a beauty.

Loved her in "Cleopatra" and "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof"

My first wife used to fantasize about her and I believe she saw every movie Elizabeth ever made.

darkeyes
Mar 23, 2011, 7:53 PM
I was 6 years old when I first remember seeing Elizabeth Taylor on telly. It was in black and white and I dont remember which film it was, except that for an hour and a half I was transfixed to the screen at a vision of great beauty and magic which left a lasting impression.... I am not one who has much time for the cult of personality or becomes star struck very easily if at all. But together with Vivien Leigh, first sight of her when I was a young child remains in the memory as vividly now as it did upon first sight all those years ago.

As beautiful woman she was arguably without equal... as actress she was perhaps limited, but always extremely watchable... but it is as human being of wonderful generosity of spirit that I will remember Liz Taylor. Any who is gay or bisexual should acknowledge her immense contribution to making our kind's lives better... a warm hearted lady who has contributed more than most in her profession to the betterment of humanity...

Elizabeth Taylor was a beautiful human being both inside and out.

jem_is_bi
Mar 24, 2011, 12:06 AM
I was 6 years old when I first remember seeing Elizabeth Taylor on telly. It was in black and white and I dont remember which film it was, except that for an hour and a half I was transfixed to the screen at a vision of great beauty and magic which left a lasting impression.... I am not one who has much time for the cult of personality or becomes star struck very easily if at all. But together with Vivien Leigh, first sight of her when I was a young child remains in the memory as vividly now as it did upon first sight all those years ago.

As beautiful woman she was arguably without equal... as actress she was perhaps limited, but always extremely watchable... but it is as human being of wonderful generosity of spirit that I will remember Liz Taylor. Any who is gay or bisexual should acknowledge her immense contribution to making our kind's lives better... a warm hearted lady who has contributed more than most in her profession to the betterment of humanity...

Elizabeth Taylor was a beautiful human being both inside and out.

As you do, I feel very sad that she is has died and love your memory all that was so great about her.

Bluebiyou
Mar 25, 2011, 3:20 AM
Certainly, "J'regrets" is appropriate.
But the odd thing for me - quite different than other folks.
I first remember seeing her in the National Enquirer about 1971, and many reoccurring articles thereafter for the next few years.
I was wondering why this paper was so concerned with a woman who was so butt ugly. The big black hair, the distorted puffy cheeks, and unflattering mouth.
I wondered how such a butt ugly woman managed to be so famous. I'm serious, those were my exact thoughts.
Then, over time I saw pics and clips of her years ago, yet having first been exposed to the butt ugly woman, it biased my perception.
Kinda backwards, but that was honestly what I thought of her and the way it happened.
Again, in spite of it being bad taste to say ill of the dead, she is so removed from us that... I don't think she or anyone close to her will be offended by my post.

darkeyes
Mar 25, 2011, 10:24 AM
A lil birdie tells me that WBC r gonna picket the funeral.. hope she climbs outa 'er coffin an scares the daft sods shitless.. even betta if she sez forget Yawee.. Wotan an Freia r still toppa the heap!! :bigrin:

drugstore cowboy
Mar 26, 2011, 5:00 PM
Rest in Peace Liz.

You were amazing and even though you were a celebrity you did help humanize people with HIV/AIDS.

Elizabeth Taylor has left behind a fortune worth at least $600 million, much of which is expected to go to the AIDS charities she championed for decades. Her famous jewelry collection, valued at an eye-popping $150 million in 2002, is likely to be auctioned off with the bulk of the proceeds going to the Elizabeth Taylor AIDS Foundation and amfAR, the AIDS charity she helped found in 1985.