PDA

View Full Version : Computer Snickers

Cherokee_Mountaincat
Feb 12, 2011, 3:25 PM
As we Silver Surfers know, sometimes we have trouble with our computers.

I had a problem yesterday, so I called Eric, the 11 year old next door, whose bedroom looks like Mission Control, and asked him to come over.
Eric clicked a couple of buttons and solved the problem.
As he was walking away, I called after him, 'So, what was wrong?
He replied, 'It was an ID ten T error.'
I didn't want to appear stupid, but nonetheless inquired,
'An, ID ten T error? What's that? In case I need to fix it again.'
Eric grinned.... 'Haven't you ever heard of an ID ten T error before?

'No,' I replied.
'Write it down,' he said, 'and I think you'll figure it out.'

So I wrote down: ID10T

I used to like Eric, the little bastard . :rolleyes:

void()
Feb 12, 2011, 4:14 PM
LOL Viva Le Revolution of Evolution!

Phat Phingers Phickling Phreaking Phrack Phones Phuriosly.

IHTFP - I Hacked The First Phrase

DuckiesDarling
Feb 13, 2011, 11:56 PM
ROFLMAO, Cat. I can almost picture you writing it out a couple ways then going You little............ :)

artl68
Feb 14, 2011, 9:13 AM
Now days I wonder who the kids are and who the gron ups are, children these days are either smart or they just like to show us what we really don't know.:)

Daviecurious
Feb 14, 2011, 10:05 AM
Another reply you may get, usually from someone trying to be a bit subtle, is that "The problem was a keyboard interface error". Meaning the person at the keyboard has no clue ......

Which brings up the old story (urban legend I'm sure, but it might have happened) of the user who contacted customer support for some issue. After back and forth question and answer, the support person asked the caller if they had the box the computer came in. After getting an affirmative, the caller was told to box the thing up and return it to the store. The caller asked "What do I tell them?" and was told "I'm bringing this back because I'm too stupid to own a computer." No word on what happened next ......

BiCycler
Feb 16, 2011, 2:16 AM
Brings to mind what Satchmo sang about so beautifuly in "What a Wonderful World" way back when;

"I here babies cryin',
I watch them grow
They'll Learn much more
Then I'll ever know
And I think to myself
what a wonderful world"

Seriously, what a brat, hee hee hee.
:rainbow::flag2: