PDA

View Full Version : Friends

jimmyhopkins09
Feb 5, 2011, 5:38 PM
I wonder if anyone might be able to help me, i'm just a young lad, only 21, and at the moment i find myself with only one guy i can call a real friend,and a load of 'friends' i dont hear from anymore. Ergo right now i need to make more friends, and id really like to meet some young bisexual lads and ladies to make friends with, people my age or only a couple of years older or younger, who are like me, and so understand, because i honestly think if i had friends who were bisexual too, i would be better off, than with all straight friends. Unfortunately though i have searched, i can't find any info for what i'm looking for, or i just find nsa sex hookup sites or advice/health info crap which i don't want. So i wonder if anyone knows anywhere, that i might be able to go, to find, young people (on and around 21 years of age), who are bisexual, and just looking to make friends to hang out with, go clubbing, share jokes, like m8's do. I really want them to be around my age, i live in the uk, in devon, and i just want to make friends with young people like me. Hoping u can help.:)

fredtyg
Feb 5, 2011, 5:52 PM
I don't know if they have such things in Great Britian but here in the U.S. many communities have LGBT groups of one kind or another. Some cater to young folks, some to all. Check online for any local bi or queer social groups.

bizel
Feb 5, 2011, 5:58 PM
hey babe, are you looking for friends to hang out with, or true friends? there is a vast difference. i am over 40 and can count on one hand true friends, and i consider myself richer than most and very blessed. i discovered people i work with, party with and hang out with are not true friends. we don't really know another person until the chips are down. then 'friends' show their true colours. i have an ex-sister in law who proudly states she had hundreds of friends. i hope she never has to test that out cos i think she'll be in for a rude awakening. if you have three good friends, you are rich indeed.

if you want mates to hang out with, try joining in activities that you're interested in. any kind of sports activity, indoor rock climbing etc. or volunteer etc. you need exposure to people, to then sort out who you want to hang out with. and when you do it through some activity, you don't come across as desperately wanting company, you move outside your comfort zone and the rewards are you meet new people and friends, and find a reason for existing. yes, i know, you're young. you want to nightclub. people you meet through these things will want this also. and you will be more appealing cos you are focused on more than one thing. as for specifically finding bisexual people, maybe some of our UK family here will have a better idea. check (private message) with darkeyes. she's in your neck of the woods, and may have some suggestions. best of luck. hug, b

softfruit
Feb 5, 2011, 7:49 PM
For social groups - try punching the name of your town and "lgbt" into the search engine of your choice, often a good place to start. In bigger conurbations it's worth trying "bisexual" instead of lgbt, which will get you info on local bi social and support groups if you're in places like Brighton, Manchester, Edinburgh etc.

So I just put "totnes lgbt" into google and got a couple of links on social stuff for gay and bi men in the area, along with some argument about candidates and LGBT rights from the general election. I wouldn't have thought it, but sexuality's a hot potato in Totnes! :) :2cents:

Papelucho
Feb 6, 2011, 1:26 AM
Go to a decent gay bar on a Friday or Saturday night. You should be able to find people from all sexual orientations there.

Spiro
Feb 6, 2011, 9:04 AM
I can not help with you finding friends to hang out with, and agree try lgbt. But I wanted to comment on Bizel's comment. I so agree with him, I have one true friend and I call myself very blessed. but we understand what you mean.

I wish you the best in finding your way, You are so far ahead of where I was at your age.

Sam

Drkluvtheory99
Feb 6, 2011, 1:23 PM
Hey I am not in the UK but I am 23 and could always use another friend even if we dont live near each other message me here and we could be internet penpal email buddies etc.

bigbadmax
Feb 6, 2011, 10:31 PM
Go to a decent gay bar on a Friday or Saturday night. You should be able to find people from all sexual orientations there.

Devon aint the hotspot y'all think it is. Gay bars are few and far between. Devon is also quite biggoted due to large number of millitary bases. It may be legal, aint compulsory nor tollerated as the Royal Navy say.

jimmyhopkins09
Feb 9, 2011, 5:40 AM
Devon aint the hotspot y'all think it is. Gay bars are few and far between. Devon is also quite biggoted due to large number of millitary bases. It may be legal, aint compulsory nor tollerated as the Royal Navy say.

Yeh i know devon ain't a hotspot, torquay used to have more nightclubs and a few were gay bars, several are gone, and only one gay bar is left and it's members only. I wish i lived in a big city like.

NEPHX
Feb 9, 2011, 6:15 AM
.... So i wonder if anyone knows anywhere, that i might be able to go, to find, young people (on and around 21 years of age), who are bisexual, and just looking to make friends to hang out with, go clubbing, share jokes, like m8's do. I really want them to be around my age, i live in the uk, in devon, and i just want to make friends with young people like me.

The thing about identifying as bisexual is that you'll generally be happy with whoever you find that has interests similar to you. And, you will liklely be surprised how many people out there claiming/appearing(trying to appear) to be gay or straight are actually less so .... basically, once someone is interested in you with shared passions you might learn they are more like you than you (or they) may have suspected.

If you find "friends" at bars, they generally turn into "bar friends" which is ok (but might be less likely to reach their potential if they're always out at the bars) but maybe not the kind of people you might run into say at the gym, bowling league, young adult group (anywhere to include LGBT community centers or organizations).

Not sure what's in your area online but many different online communities you could meet local UK people.

If you open up your hit list of the kind of people you will hang out with, you might find more people that interest you than you can imagine (we are talking about hangin out friends but also, you can meet people to date too).

One of the problems with being bi and "looking" for bi people is we're everywhere. Many of us can hang pretty much anywhere with anyone and therefore the "bi" part disappears into the current scenery. That doesn't really have to be a bad thing. If I'm with a guy, everyone thinks I'm gay... which is fine, women tend to let their guard down with a masculine gay guy :-). If with a women, everyone assumes str8 but still.... the eye contact with the guys is key.

I find myself sometimes getting concerned that the people I'm hanging out with or working with (or volunteering with) may not know or remember that I'm not straight or that I'm bi (I hate when gay men verbally bash women or kids or women verbally bash gay guys). It can cause me some anxiety almost like I start pretending to be str8 and watching my pronouns, etc. (back into the closet).

Early 20's people (at least here in SW USA) are much more prone to be open to or bi than strictly str8 or gay. So, I'd say you have a great opportunity to meet lots of people