PDA

View Full Version : You might be a redneck

bigregory
Apr 25, 2006, 10:38 PM
You might be a redneck if you started crying during the memorial to JOHNNY CASH on T.V.
I was in tears watching his daughter roseanne speak and then play a song.
I dont even really like country music, but Cash was and still is the king.
Rest In Peace Johnny Cash :cowboy:

codybear3
Apr 25, 2006, 11:55 PM
The Man in Black is tops in my book...If you all have not yet seen the movie, check out "Walk the Line"...It is excellent... R.I.P. Johnny :paw: :paw:

thefallenpaladin
Apr 26, 2006, 2:09 AM
Hey, you don't gotta be a redneck to love the Cash.

cassie
Apr 26, 2006, 6:43 AM
For anyone who hasn't seen that movie I recommend it highly.

MissRedneck
Apr 26, 2006, 9:36 AM
I strongly agree, you need to see the movie! Had me in tears! :bigrin:

woolleygirl
Apr 26, 2006, 10:25 AM
Redneck or not you gotta love the guy. I grew up listening to him my parents loved him. He is singing with the Angels now :angel: ,
T

wildangel
Apr 26, 2006, 11:14 AM
I have to admit, I'm not a fan of Johnny Cash's music. But my husband was watching it a week or so ago and I decided to sit down and watch since there was nothing else to do. I can only say 'Wow'. It really is a movie for everyone. I'm a Cash fan now. :eek: And I never thought I would say that.

:female:

ghytifrdnr
Apr 26, 2006, 1:09 PM
Many years ago I lived in the same small town in California as Johnny Cash. When a local family lost their home to fire, Cash, on his own, organized a benefit concert right there in town to aid the family. No big promotion, just he and some friends showed up to play. That's a real human being!

bigregory
Apr 27, 2006, 12:32 AM
Many years ago I lived in the same small town in California as Johnny Cash. When a local family lost their home to fire, Cash, on his own, organized a benefit concert right there in town to aid the family. No big promotion, just he and some friends showed up to play. That's a real human being!
I do think he was truly a real gentleman.