PDA

View Full Version : do women crossdress?

bizel
Jan 26, 2011, 8:44 PM
i know there are a lot of blokes that enjoy this. some like to look feminine, some like the feel of soft material, etc. but do women enjoy wearing men's clothing? i know i love men's jumpers and jackets, and have worn my hubby's knickers (just to make me feel closer to him). i know my mum was brought up in boy's clothing for the first 3yrs of life to make the patriach of the clan happy about a boy when the line had some many girls, and she used to get the urge to wear men's clothing. but is it a sex thing???

DuckiesDarling
Jan 26, 2011, 8:50 PM
Honestly, it has always amused me that if the doorbell rang and I grabbed Duck's shirt and barely covered my private parts it would be consider sexy to the postman and to Duck. If he got up and grabbed the first thing he saw and that was my robe, even if it wasn't a frilly pink one *I make him wear that cause he looks so cute in it* he would be considered a crossdresser.

Personally, I have found a lot of times for just everyday wear or to layer under flannels in winter that guys have those henleys for sale that look like long johns. Cheaper than women's shirts and infinitely more comfortable. So I guess technically I cross dress but not because it makes me feel sexy, unless it's Duck's shirt and then it won't be on long, but just as a normal thing to do.

I don't feel a need to do it, I do it cause it's comfortable. And honestly if you look at my profile you'll see a pic of me holding my nephew. I was wearing a unisex manager's shirt for Ryan's Family Steakhouse. Did that make me a crossdresser?

Long Duck Dong
Jan 26, 2011, 9:03 PM
ok.... bizarre but true.. there is actually a type of female crossdressing but most people do not even know it exists

Transvestic fetishism ( its actually a paraphila ) where a female can become sexually aroused by the wearing of male clothing tho the term applies to both genders....

generally the idea of female crossdressing is not regarded as a reality because we look at it as practical dressing.... and some ladies have mentioned about a cold wind up the skirt is not that pleasant so wearing pants / jeans etc is practical dress

while males crossdressing stands out more,... and yes it can be a paraphilia.... most male crossdressing is not practical.... IE a construction worker standing on scaffolding, in a womans dress, is both impartical and can be hard on the eyes, unless him and Mr ED the talking horse are distant cousins and share some anatomical traits..... ( I am thinking of the groin, not the ass or the face )

most experts define crossdressing as impartial and unusual wearing of clothing ( transvestic, sexual arousal ) or as part of a gender identity ( trans sexual / trans gender ).... and that is why females can get away with most forms of crossdressing...

kate beckinsale in the movie underworld, makes wearing tight leather pants, look hot..... but imagine a 300 pound man with hairy legs doing a marilyn monroe impersonation from the movie the 7 year itch ( white dress blowing up in the air )...

both are forms of crossdressing..... but.... yeah.... one gets peoples attention... the other can get people running to a surgeon to have their eyes removed....

Cherokee_Mountaincat
Jan 26, 2011, 10:46 PM
Yes Darlin, they are called Drag Kings here in the states. Its where androgonous-looking women dress up to either impersonate men, or because that is their lifestyle. Not all are "Butch or Dykes" most look like a slender, flat chested man. Once in a while we'll all go to a local Drag Club here and we Love watching the Drag shows. Theres one little titty gal that dresses like a Cowboy--Stetson, cut off check shirt, blue jeans and boots, Goatee or mustasche (SP) the whole schmeer--- Verrrry cute and also Smells Wonderful! He wears an artificial dong under mens bvd's, too. It hilarious.
They wish to be refered to as "Men" when in costume, just as drag queens wish to be refered to as women. :}
If you get a chance to go see a grag show, I highly recommend it. ;)
Cat

Lisa (va)
Jan 27, 2011, 2:11 PM
Does dressing up as Robin, the boy wonder count as crossdressing ?

What about sleeping in boxers, comfy ?

Lisa

hugs n kisses

ps: a lot of my casual jeans are gotten from the boys section, being so short they fit better without having to do alterations.

BiPhone
Jan 27, 2011, 4:23 PM
YES! Diane Keaton at the Oscars! Thats a woman crossdressing

12voltman59
Jan 27, 2011, 4:28 PM
Not all the ladies who dress like a man are slight framed--back when I was a probation/parole officer in Florida--I had this one young woman on my caseload who was lesbian and part of a "family" of lesbians (the girl had done something a number of other young ladies on my caseload had done--she had been working at a Wal-Mart where she used the credit card numbers she gathered from customers to purchase many hundreds of dollars worth of goods)--she really was a "woman/child" (she was age 19 or thereabouts but far more immature than that) who was even more infantized I think by the adult lesbians she lived with--especially the one who was the leader of this little gang of lesbians--to her gals-the king lesbian was known as "Bid Daddy" and she had a total buzz cut with the top sorta squared off--an old 50s or 60s look--she wore man's type of tshirts, and flannels with the sleeves cut off, had tats on her biceps that were pretty big, she wore jeans, work boots and had one of those Harley-Davidson type of wallets on a chain attached to her big wide belt and big belt buckle--"Big Daddy" was more masculine (at least of a certain type of man) than I am for Christ sakes!!

The thing with "Big Daddy"---it wasn't some kind of costume or pretend thing---she worked as a welder and looked to be pretty damn tough--I sure as hell didn't want to ever have fought her!!!

Oh yeah--she drove a big huge dually pick up truck complete with a gun in the rack over the rear window and confederate flag stickers--Big Daddy was one bad assed Mudder Fudder!!

Realist
Jan 27, 2011, 6:10 PM
Marlena Dietrich, dressed in men's suits.

My ex had a friend who was a stewardess, who looked like a million bucks wearing jeans, a Levi jacket, and short black hair combed in a duck-tail.

There's a lady member here, who dresses that way, too. She's voluptuous, with mannish mannerisms, but exudes sensuality.

I've never dated anyone like that, but can see how they can be alluring to either gender

DuckiesDarling
Jan 27, 2011, 6:31 PM
I still want to know why it is no big deal when women do it, but it's assumed to be a sign of a "deviant mind" when guys do it? To me clothing is clothing, if it keeps you warm in the winter and cooler in the summer go for it. For those that have a "need" to crossdress, there shouldn't be any stigma attached and it's damned unfair that it is applied to guys and not to women. :2cents:

bizel
Jan 27, 2011, 7:09 PM
but is it a NEED? i know katherine hepburn was into tailored suits, and thought of as 'butch'. she was more confrontational in not fitting into expectations. but wasn't that more a fashion statement? crossdressing for men is a need, not a fashion statement. it's not drawing attention to society's double standards in fashion. guys do it cos they find it sexually alluring (or is that wrong, guys?). i dress in hubby's flannel shirts, singlets (even though he has those low armholes, and boobies are in danger of popping out), jeans, jackets, jumpers. one lady mentioned boxer shorts. if he wore them, i may. but does that make me more masculine, or just love comfy clothing?? do women really have that need??

Long Duck Dong
Jan 27, 2011, 8:10 PM
but is it a NEED? i know katherine hepburn was into tailored suits, and thought of as 'butch'. she was more confrontational in not fitting into expectations. but wasn't that more a fashion statement? crossdressing for men is a need, not a fashion statement. it's not drawing attention to society's double standards in fashion. guys do it cos they find it sexually alluring (or is that wrong, guys?). i dress in hubby's flannel shirts, singlets (even though he has those low armholes, and boobies are in danger of popping out), jeans, jackets, jumpers. one lady mentioned boxer shorts. if he wore them, i may. but does that make me more masculine, or just love comfy clothing?? do women really have that need??

the answer is yes, for some people it is a psychological need, not a desire....

we make the mistake of breaking down things like that into a mental illness and issue... when the people are very much sane and well adjusted.... all they do is use the clothing in the same manner that some people use drugs and alcohol......

there are ladies that are in to powerdressing, ( business suits etc ) as the energy they generate and create around them, adds to the no BS image they want people to feel before the female stares them down and begins to talk.....

I had a female friend that would not wear anything feminine ( she wore a sports bra cos its not on the same level as a lace bra ) but she felt that wearing jeans, boots and a mans shirt, made it clear that she was a down and dirty gurl.... she would roll on her sleeves and mess with the best of them, in the work place or in a social setting ( and a few guys are missing teeth cos calling her a dyke and a butch bitch ) and I do know that out of the male clothing, she was every bit a wildcat lady, fiery and very passionate but gave as good as she got...... and yes, the one pic I saw of her in a dress, she was every bit a lady.....

she felt out of sorts in females clothing, but blue jeans and a work shirt, she loved them.... and I guess for a lot of the guys and girls that knew her, why we loved her to pieces

Georgie_Girl
Jan 31, 2011, 5:35 PM
I wear nothing but men's clothing. They're just more comfortable. :)

darkeyes
Jan 31, 2011, 7:04 PM
Of course they do.. some.. its not for me, but my best friend's partner does it every so often, as do several (str8) women I know and others can be seen fairly frequently in pubs and clubs around the country.

This is a personal judgement, but in the main women look better in guys kit than most guys will ever do in girls.. and very often the best of them at least, better than any guy looks in clothes produced for him.. and I'm talking men's clothes.. not unisex, but clothes and shoes produced specifically for and normally worn by men. I see nothing wrong with it and good luck to them.. I have dressed up as a guy (a very SHORT guy) several times for fancy dress or fund raising events but to be honest can't say I am very comfy in the gear (just DON'T ask me to wear men's undies.. cos ur NOT on.. I do draw the line).. I simply think I prefer what I'm used to.. but in the main would say a girl looks much better dressed in stuff which is designed for women. But its all a matter of personal taste is it not?

softfruit
Jan 31, 2011, 8:22 PM
I still want to know why it is no big deal when women do it, but it's assumed to be a sign of a "deviant mind" when guys do it? To me clothing is clothing, if it keeps you warm in the winter and cooler in the summer go for it. For those that have a "need" to crossdress, there shouldn't be any stigma attached and it's damned unfair that it is applied to guys and not to women. :2cents:

I think if we went back 100-150 years or suchlike, it would have been as socially unaccepted in either direction.

Then some daring women faced the social stigma and outrage of challenging for their right to dress relatively as they pleased. And it took decades and probably helped along a lot by the practicality of some male attire and the need for practical work during world wars.

Collectively, men haven't done the same thing yet. Some have tried and there have been phases where fashion was a little more accepting provided one lived in a big enough city or the lad in question knew how to run fast...

There's an extra factor in that here we're talking about countries and cultures where, in the recent past if not today, women were seen as inferior and therefore a woman wanting to dress in manly things was moving up a social hierarchy, whereas the opposite involves moving down it. (I'm not saying it's right that it's so, just that this is how I think it is socially seen, perhaps even at an unconscious level!)

Falke
Feb 1, 2011, 2:55 AM
Yeah, as was pointed out above there are girls whom present as guys. Correct me if I am wrong, but a F2M seems to have an easier go than M2F.