PDA

View Full Version : favourite phrase/quote

bigbadmax
Jan 25, 2011, 5:56 PM
My fave quote is

Bisexuality immediately doubles your chance of a date on a saturday night.

Woody Allan

what pray tell is yours/your motto/mantra?

Arthas
Jan 25, 2011, 6:47 PM
Rejoice, for worst is yet to come. (evil laugh)

billc77
Jan 25, 2011, 7:10 PM
"The best way to overcome temptation is to yield to it."--Oscar Wilde

abstruse_ric
Jan 25, 2011, 7:26 PM
You can't be a Real Country unless you have a beer and an airline - it helps if you have some kind of a football team or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer.
--Frank Zappa

lookin2tryit
Jan 26, 2011, 1:45 AM
some days the dog.....some days the hydrant

Hephaestion
Jan 26, 2011, 5:31 AM
From the bitter-sweet comedy series 'Butterflies' (Wendy Craig and Geoff Palmer). In bed for the night, a radio programme effectively describes the wife's adulterous leanings with a besotted admirer. She immediately stabs the radio off and feigns nonchalance. His perceptions stimulated, he asks if everything is alright and she replies yes. He responds reassuringly 'OK good night then'. Now in the dimness of the bedroom, his depressed thoughts are then vocalized solely for the audience:

"Oh Lord. There goes hope, heading for the horizon with its arse on fire"

Not the above
e.g. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDdRzBj4FNE

Diva667
Jan 26, 2011, 7:30 AM
"Goody" Nelson: You ever take biology in school, soldier?
Jackie Willow: Yes, Sergeant-Major.
"Goody" Nelson: How do worms copulate?
Jackie Willow: They don't, Sergeant-Major; they use asexual reproduction.
"Goody" Nelson: Mmmm-hmmmm! Interesting concept! Tell me, Willow - any idea who first came up with that notion: reproducing without sex?
Jackie Willow: Your wife, Sergeant-Major?

I can't really define it in sexual terms alone although our sexuality is so energizing why not enjoy it too?
Audre Lorde

I have come to believe over and over again that what is most important to me must be spoken, made verbal and shared, even at the risk of having it bruised or misunderstood.
Audre Lorde

In our work and in our living, we must recognize that difference is a reason for celebration and growth, rather than a reason for destruction.
Audre Lorde

Your silence will not protect you.
Audre Lorde

Dead Account
Jan 26, 2011, 7:42 AM
If you always do what you've always done them you'll always get what you always got.

lady.haha
Jan 26, 2011, 8:34 AM
it's kinda dark but very true.

"No matter how much you think you love somebody, you'll step back when the pool of their blood edges up too close." -Chuck Palahnuik, Invisible Monsters

Realist
Jan 26, 2011, 10:51 AM
I know this is not a precise quote...nonetheless:

Lady Ashton to Winston Churchill: "You're a fowl, vile, old man, Winston. If you were my husband, I'd poison you!"

Winston to Lady Ashton: "Madam, if you were my wife, I'd drink it!"

Cherokee_Mountaincat
Jan 26, 2011, 2:34 PM
Well, for years my Mantra has been "If its to be, it begins with Me" And "To thine own self be true....and if that dont work, then blow the mother fucker outta the water" lol
And my fave qoute is the one on my profile by Heinlein. :}
Cat

mikey3000
Jan 26, 2011, 2:40 PM
"It is not the alienness of the homoerotic that sets some straight men's nerves on edge; it is it's very familiarity. Men can only learn to be men from other men, in a pedagogy as intimate and tender as the bond between two lovers. That day in front of the mirror [teaching the young groom to tie his first tie] was one of my earliest inklings that I could be one man initiating another into the masculine rites.

That day also taught me something about my own masculinity. It opened up the prospect that I, who grew up a notorious sissy, might grow into that manhood that all men seek in one another, either gay or straight. Age, that capricious conjurer, bestower of breasts on grizzled old men, might also confer masculinity on those men who have learned to live without it, as their mildness mellows into quiet authority. A gentle boy is called a sissy. A gentle man is called... a gentleman."

Tying the Knot
by Robin Metcalfe

DuckiesDarling
Jan 26, 2011, 4:56 PM
"Women are like tea bags, We don't know our true strength until we are in hot water!" Eleanor Roosevelt.

chick_a_dee
Jan 26, 2011, 5:09 PM
"Shoot low Sheriff, he's riding a shetland":bigrin:

12voltman59
Jan 26, 2011, 6:07 PM
I like the quote I have on here as my signature line and along with the Dr. King quote, another fave is Benjamin Franklin's: "He who would forfeit essential liberties for a measure of safety deserves neither liberty or safety!"

innaminka
Jan 26, 2011, 6:41 PM
"To love another person is to see the face of God!"

Les Miserables (musical, not book)

lost1
Jan 26, 2011, 6:53 PM
Like i care............nuff said

fordbob89
Jan 27, 2011, 8:42 AM
"You may be whatever you resolve to be" - Thomas J. "Stonewall " Jackson.

_Joe_
Jan 27, 2011, 10:51 AM
With Jack Daniels, anything is possible.

Don't knock it till you try it...best two out of three.

Plumhead2
Jan 27, 2011, 1:58 PM
No good deed goes unpunished (or something like that)