PDA

View Full Version : Photos or no photos

Spiro
Jan 21, 2011, 8:46 PM
Hi,

I have been on this site for a number of years, and always wanted to know what folks thought of members with and without photos.

Some guys have great photos both of their cocks and pictures of their faces, other have just pics of their cocks, and the last group have some odd photos.

but there are a lot of folks like me that have never had a photo on their profile.

Can I ask what you all think of that and what is the right thing to do?

Thanks

Sam

Long Duck Dong
Jan 21, 2011, 9:08 PM
.... even a person with no profile, can make a good impression on me, with a single forum post.........

to me pics are not important, they are a way to share additional info if you so choose....... but many people post cock pics only and I just think * ok, the guys a dick *..... and in a lot of cases, thats not far from the truth either lol

if I was talking to a person, and they contacted me, then there is no reason why they can not send a pic as it can help get a idea of who I am talking to.....
so profile pics are again not that important.....

but I am a guy in a relationship and monogamous, so any contact with people by PM and emails, is strictly friendship only and so that can be a big part of why I am not worried about people with no profiles or pics.....

AidanS57
Jan 21, 2011, 9:21 PM
I don't have a lot of pics on the computer now but it doesn't worry me. I have shared a pic with one person here and it was long after we were friends. I'm a private person. But I also don't willy nilly pm people and have them asking for pics. I come to the forum to read topics and post if I have something to say. :2cents:

Aidan

Cherokee_Mountaincat
Jan 21, 2011, 11:07 PM
You do whats most comfortable on you, Hon. If you feel the need to share a pic, thats cool. Most people open up more to someone that has a pic on their profiles, some dont. Some want to see what that person looks like so they can see if they would be interested. Others Have to have thier ID hidden for family, or job reasons.
But for you, do what makes You the most comfortable. :}
Cat

codybear3
Jan 21, 2011, 11:53 PM
Hey Spiro... It would be nice to put a face to the person you chat with but I also understand why there are folks that won't do it... The reasons range from being shy to professionalism to simply peeps not wanting to be identified because they live in small towns... In the end, I am not bothered if a person posts a face pic or not... There is no right or wrong thing to do about posting a picture, just do what you feel you are comfortable doing... :paw::paw:

Realist
Jan 22, 2011, 1:11 PM
Every person I have asked for a photo has sent one......after we've written and felt comfortable with each other.

**Peg**
Jan 22, 2011, 3:16 PM
Once you post your picture anywhere online... it is everywhere online. That's why I don't do it. I might send one privately but never online.

bigbadmax
Jan 22, 2011, 4:01 PM
I prefer facial pics.
Why ruin a meetup with anatomical pics.,mystery adds to the experience.
BBM

Lisa (va)
Jan 22, 2011, 4:27 PM
To me is doesn't much matter if you post a photograph with your profile or not: doesn't matter to me even if you have a profile, as I don't bother wtih checking profiles of people. It seems to me it's easier to get to know a person through simply chatting with them. Just my opinion.

Lisa

hugs n kisses

Arthas
Jan 22, 2011, 5:41 PM
Once you post your picture anywhere online... it is everywhere online. That's why I don't do it. I might send one privately but never online.

That happened to me once but the way I look changed completelly, so it's ok now.

If somebody wants my picture, it's not a problem.

Bluebiyou
Jan 22, 2011, 8:08 PM
Hi,

I have been on this site for a number of years, and always wanted to know what folks thought of members with and without photos.
Some guys have great photos both of their cocks and pictures of their faces, other have just pics of their cocks, and the last group have some odd photos. but there are a lot of folks like me that have never had a photo on their profile.
Can I ask what you all think of that and what is the right thing to do?

Thanks
Sam

Sam,
my job forbids me to identify myself beyond certain limits. I don't blame my company, it's federal law.
My company however, is so criminally corrupt that they would instantly sue Drew and levy whatever international attacks they could (to shut the site down, make it inaccessible to USA, etc) if I tell the truth about them on this site.
I don't work for Microsoft.
Think how, by simply exhausting the legal system, Microsoft have evaded the obvious USA and international monopoly laws.
My company has $hundreds of billions and has modeled itself after Microsoft in legal defense.
Fortunately, there are many before me and after who have been victims of interstate conspiracy by my company to commit felonies. I can't imagine someone married with children contemplating telling the truth (about my company).
But being single, I can afford to lose my job (plenty of family and money to fall back on). Not to mention the fact the company is a small player in my professional field. In a year or two... nobody would remember. I could resume my life.
I live in personal disgrace because I live in documentable discrimination of GLBT community (to the point of several attempted murders - no exaggeration)... and I say nothing so I can continue my nice paycheck.
I'm like a black man in the 1950/60/70s.
Any attempt to report these attempted murders, etc has been met by ... nothing... the ironic part is the detective who knows all my story is black and told me they don't investigate because... my company told them not to - 'my company was handling it'. These events have not been investigated. Why should he destroy his career to save this white man?
LOL.... the shoe is on the other foot!!!!
Yet, I live my life in some ways similar to blacks in the south in the 50s, 60s, 70s. I keep my mouth shut and I inspect my vehicle (parked every day at the local police station) regularly.
This sounds suspicious... is Bluebiyou crazy? paranoid? delusional?... but my company has also sent me out for psychological evaluation... only for the doctors to recommend psychological evaluation of my (psycho) coworker (who besides trying to kill me is close friends with the head of our HR department). I saw the recommendation on paper with my own eyes. Yes, let me repeat, the doctors recommended my coworker be psychologically evaluated. My evaluation was minimal/no pathologies.
I have gone to the doctors office afterwards and have been refused copies of my medical records, from when my companies had me sent. I was informed they belong to my company and would have to go through my company. My company lawyers had gotten to the doctors. The doctor's recommendation was intolerable by the company, and the company's stored version differs from what they sent... I could write another book on how they legally did that.
Optimism:
Yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus,
Reality:
There are also demons.
That is why, Sam, speaking for myself, not everyone can post freely.
My company probably has one or two people on this site, not necessarily folks who would sell their souls (but - probably in misplaced loyalty), but who would inform folks within my company who would sell their soul. Who would use any opportunity/angle to shut me up criminally or legitimate. I assure you. I have personally witnessed a member of management perjure themselves to 'witness' me when doing something I didn't do and they witnessed it before their plane arrived in my state (50 of USA). I'm certain there are at least 10 members of my company (upon request) who will place me upon the grassy knoll, in Dallas TX, 1963, with a carbine, in spite of the fact I could not possibly hold a carbine at 4 years old. Anything the company needs witnesses for... will be produced... even if they weren't there!
I would love to put my picture up.
But on a more legitimate level... China... middle east... all have access to internet, here also. I've attended security briefs. Friends and foes are monitoring this web site, don't be stupid. They are real present and future threats to USA security. And so I remain... quiet to a certain degree... because of deeper loyalty to USA.
Fuckin' wish I weren't a dyed in the wool Republican...

Goodnight Vienna.

DuckiesDarling
Jan 22, 2011, 11:26 PM
Sam,
my job forbids me to identify myself beyond certain limits. I don't blame my company, it's federal law.
My company however, is so criminally corrupt that they would instantly sue Drew and levy whatever international attacks they could (to shut the site down, make it inaccessible to USA, etc) if I tell the truth about them on this site.
I don't work for Microsoft.
Think how, by simply exhausting the legal system, Microsoft have evaded the obvious USA and international monopoly laws.
My company has $hundreds of billions and has modeled itself after Microsoft in legal defense.
Fortunately, there are many before me and after who have been victims of interstate conspiracy by my company to commit felonies. I can't imagine someone married with children contemplating telling the truth (about my company).
But being single, I can afford to lose my job (plenty of family and money to fall back on). Not to mention the fact the company is a small player in my professional field. In a year or two... nobody would remember. I could resume my life.
I live in personal disgrace because I live in documentable discrimination of GLBT community (to the point of several attempted murders - no exaggeration)... and I say nothing so I can continue my nice paycheck.
I'm like a black man in the 1950/60/70s.
Any attempt to report these attempted murders, etc has been met by ... nothing... the ironic part is the detective who knows all my story is black and told me they don't investigate because... my company told them not to - 'my company was handling it'. These events have not been investigated. Why should he destroy his career to save this white man?
LOL.... the shoe is on the other foot!!!!
Yet, I live my life in some ways similar to blacks in the south in the 50s, 60s, 70s. I keep my mouth shut and I inspect my vehicle (parked every day at the local police station) regularly.
This sounds suspicious... is Bluebiyou crazy? paranoid? delusional?... but my company has also sent me out for psychological evaluation... only for the doctors to recommend psychological evaluation of my (psycho) coworker (who besides trying to kill me is close friends with the head of our HR department). I saw the recommendation on paper with my own eyes. Yes, let me repeat, the doctors recommended my coworker be psychologically evaluated. My evaluation was minimal/no pathologies.
I have gone to the doctors office afterwards and have been refused copies of my medical records, from when my companies had me sent. I was informed they belong to my company and would have to go through my company. My company lawyers had gotten to the doctors. The doctor's recommendation was intolerable by the company, and the company's stored version differs from what they sent... I could write another book on how they legally did that.
Optimism:
Yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus,
Reality:
There are also demons.
That is why, Sam, speaking for myself, not everyone can post freely.
My company probably has one or two people on this site, not necessarily folks who would sell their souls (but - probably in misplaced loyalty), but who would inform folks within my company who would sell their soul. Who would use any opportunity/angle to shut me up criminally or legitimate. I assure you. I have personally witnessed a member of management perjure themselves to 'witness' me when doing something I didn't do and they witnessed it before their plane arrived in my state (50 of USA). I'm certain there are at least 10 members of my company (upon request) who will place me upon the grassy knoll, in Dallas TX, 1963, with a carbine, in spite of the fact I could not possibly hold a carbine at 4 years old. Anything the company needs witnesses for... will be produced... even if they weren't there!
I would love to put my picture up.
But on a more legitimate level... China... middle east... all have access to internet, here also. I've attended security briefs. Friends and foes are monitoring this web site, don't be stupid. They are real present and future threats to USA security. And so I remain... quiet to a certain degree... because of deeper loyalty to USA.
Fuckin' wish I weren't a dyed in the wool Republican...

Goodnight Vienna.

Blue,

One point. Thanks to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act, HIPPA of 1996 you have a federally mandated right to have your medical records. Your employer has to follow federal law, hefty fines can come about if they do not, and please do not tell me they will "tell the government to not do anything".

manhatten
Jan 22, 2011, 11:45 PM
I'm new to this site, have uploaded 2 pretty racey pics to my profile because:
1. I had them, why not share them?
2. I thought it would help kind of 'fast forward' myself into the site, letting others know I am here, am real, and ready for some conversation or whatever
and of course,
3. The thought of someone getting turned on by them is kind of a thrill to me, maybe more than I know or care to admit to, not sure.
Has it worked? Not really.One person has replied about them and I guess I had what is called cyber sex for the 1st time with someone else here the other night, and that was pretty cool.
Myself I would prefer a photo, because if I can see what the person looks like, and like them too as a person, I think we could really get a nice thing going in conversations and maybe picture sharing and whatever else we could drum up.
I'm just not here to talk about books,cars,sports and stuff. I want to talk about experiences and fantasies and such!

hott4it
Jan 23, 2011, 4:47 AM
you are omg hot if you ever make it to the Smokies I would love to show you around what a hottie damn

Bisexual Explorer
Jan 23, 2011, 7:17 AM
I only contact members who have a photo or, better yet, several of themselves. I like to know what I might be getting. Pictures of sunsets, flowers, pets, etc. are too confusing. OK, I can be a bit superficial.

I got more people contacting me once I put pictures with my profile. Plus, I am a bit of an exhibitionist and love the idea of someone getting turned on by my pictures. It's one of the reasons I go to nude beaches. By the way, I am old enough to realize that no one may get turned on by seeing me nude. (If you do, please contact me.) But, it's a great fantasy nevertheless.

g

coyotedude
Jan 23, 2011, 2:51 PM
I think that you should feel no pressure at all to post a photo if you're not comfortable with it. (I put up a picture of a coyote, myself - seemed fitting with my handle.) But it is nice to see pictures of folks I might be chatting with (either through the chat room or the forum).

As for cock pics, well... They make for decent bait if you're hunting for raw sex with a guy (online or otherwise). Just keep in mind that some people here aren't hunting for that, so you may be turning off some opportunities to chat with some wonderful folks who happen to be here for different reasons than just sex.

In other words, different strokes for different folks...

Peace

AidanS57
Jan 23, 2011, 3:28 PM
Well this thread inspired me, I added the obligatory cock and obligatory pussy shots to my profile, hope you enjoy them. However, if they arouse you, please do not mail as I am not looking at this point in time. :bigrin:

Aidan