PDA

View Full Version : Change in Earth's Rotation May Mean New Zodiac Sign For You

TaylorMade
Jan 13, 2011, 8:58 PM
Change in Earth's Rotation May Mean New Zodiac Sign For You

Published : Thursday, 13 Jan 2011, 8:19 PM EST

By myfoxdc staff

EXCERPT :

WASHINGTON - For those of you who reads a horoscope every day, you may want to recheck what your Zodiac sign is.

According to astronomers with the Minnesota Planetarium Society, the moon's gravitational pull on the Earth has caused the alignment of the stars to be pushed by about a month.

Because of this, the Zodiac that your birthday may have been corresponded to may not be correct.

So how does this affect your Zodiac sign? Here is where they should now fall, according to the society.

- Capricorn: Jan. 20-Feb. 16
- Aquarius: Feb. 16-March 11
- Pisces: March 11-April 18
- Aries: April 18-May 13
- Taurus: May 13-June 21
- Gemini: June 21-July 20
- Cancer: July 20-Aug. 10
- Leo: Aug. 10-Sept. 16
- Virgo: Sept. 16-Oct. 30
- Libra: Oct. 30-Nov. 23
- Scorpio: Nov. 23-29
- Ophiuchus: Nov. 29-Dec. 17
- Sagittarius: Dec. 17-Jan. 20

Rest of the Story (http://www.myfoxdc.com/dpp/news/offbeat/change-in-earths-rotation-may-mean-new-zodiac-sign-for-you-011311)

~*~*~*~*~*~*

First, Pluto got demoted. Now this? F'that. Centaur for life!

*Taylor*

sdnaustin
Jan 13, 2011, 9:18 PM
Im the new one...which looking up the constellation is a guy grasping a snake that he is holding between his legs...ok, I guess for once my zodiak sign fits my tastes :)

Long Duck Dong
Jan 13, 2011, 9:30 PM
I was orginally a libra.... now a virgo....... so i go from being a unbalanced airhead to a a down to earth virgin......

sighs..... a eternal virgin..... cries

Realist
Jan 13, 2011, 10:58 PM
Gemini sounds better than Cancer, anyway! Wonder what else will change for me?

OH, LDD, I've had a couple of lovers who were Libras...two ladies and one guy....all three were magnificent! But, I was a Cancer, then...............

meteast chick
Jan 13, 2011, 11:19 PM
I've heard it's only for those born in 2009 and after. Besides, I figure I'm grandfathered in having my sign (the crab) inked! Yep I'm a Cancer in my soul and on my foot!!!

xoxoxoxoxoxox
luv and hugs
meteast

DuckiesDarling
Jan 14, 2011, 2:08 AM
Interesting, but the new sign name....why does it sound like Oh fuck us?

justcurious4me
Jan 14, 2011, 3:04 AM
Oh man... Just when I thought that I made it through one identity crisis, I get socked with another... So putting aside the whole 2009 or after cut-off debate... Considering I was born on May 13th, would that make me an Aries or still a Taurus... I kinda liked the fact that I could say that I was full of bull... :bigrin::bigrin::bigrin: Plus I have some seriously wild & wicked memories of acts that occurred in a Taurus... :bigrin::eek::bigrin::eek::bigrin: In a way, that would suck... Just a thought :)

darkeyes
Jan 14, 2011, 3:59 AM
I was orginally a libra.... now a virgo....... so i go from being a unbalanced airhead to a a down to earth virgin......

sighs..... a eternal virgin..... cries

Ya mean me is no longa a virgin??? eeeeeeekkkk... wot will becum of me.. me is a fallen woman!!!!!woe is me... :eek:

A tart no less:( O... am a tart.. thats ok then..:bigrin:

Falke
Jan 14, 2011, 10:41 AM
Eh, once a Leo, always a Leo. Suck it astronomers! :bigrin:

12voltman59
Jan 14, 2011, 12:30 PM
Eh, once a Leo, always a Leo. Suck it astronomers! :bigrin:

I remained a Leo too!!!

Dead Account
Jan 14, 2011, 6:59 PM
I remained a Leo too!!!

I just became one, from a Virgo- damn...:tong:

Cherokee_Mountaincat
Jan 14, 2011, 8:29 PM
lol. Not a chance. I was born a Leo, and I'm staying that'a way! lol
Cant be other than I already am..:cool:
Cat

meteast chick
Jan 15, 2011, 12:27 AM
Well we can all rest easy now unless you subscribe the sidereal zodiac. Much ado about nothing. Most of us westerners subscribe to the tropical zodiac. Did anyone else know there were 2 zodiacs? I certainly didn't.

http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2011/01/13/no-your-zodiac-sign-hasnt-changed/

luv and hugs,
xoxoxoxoxoxo
meteast

lizard-lix
Jan 15, 2011, 8:28 AM
Well we can all rest easy now unless you subscribe the sidereal zodiac. Much ado about nothing. Most of us westerners subscribe to the tropical zodiac. Did anyone else know there were 2 zodiacs? I certainly didn't.

Whew! I am a scorpio and everyone I know says I am definitely a scorpio... I would definitely not be a good virgo lol

the sacred night
Jan 15, 2011, 7:06 PM
I thought this only affected people born after the change.

AidanS57
Jan 15, 2011, 7:50 PM
I never really paid much attention to signs and horoscopes before this guy suggested a change to it, I doubt I'd pay attention if they do change it.

Doggie_Wood
Jan 15, 2011, 8:18 PM
Fuck it!! Cappy at birth - Cappy til death!

Doggie :doggie:

justSomeDude
Jan 16, 2011, 12:54 AM
These differences have actually been building up slowly over time for thousands of years as a result of the precession of the Earth's axis. Astrologers never bothered to account for it because astrology is bunk. So yeah, it means nothing XD

Holmes
Jan 16, 2011, 1:07 AM
Actually there was a more detailed article explaining it in more in depth detail. The type of astrology that is used here in the west is really not effected. It is eastern astrology that has the changes, gee leave it to Fox news to get it wrong. Another point to consider is that the sign are progessing as the years go by so when the charts are off since the movement that has occured in the past 2000 years.

Cherokee_Mountaincat
Jan 16, 2011, 2:16 AM
Huh? What the hell one is this??? Ophiuchus: Nov. 29-Dec. 17
Confused Cat

TaylorMade
Jan 16, 2011, 2:48 AM
Actually there was a more detailed article explaining it in more in depth detail. The type of astrology that is used here in the west is really not effected. It is eastern astrology that has the changes, gee leave it to Fox news to get it wrong. Another point to consider is that the sign are progessing as the years go by so when the charts are off since the movement that has occured in the past 2000 years.

It wasn't just Fox that had the story as I had it. Many papers and periodicals had it the same way. That was just the first result I got. :p

Huh? What the hell one is this??? Ophiuchus: Nov. 29-Dec. 17
Confused Cat

That's the new sign...that is only effective if you were born after '09. :p Or something.

*Taylor*

12voltman59
Jan 16, 2011, 9:15 PM
To help clarify--I did read an article that did provide the correct information on this--with the "western" astrology system used here in the US, Canada, etc. ---there was no change at all----the change took place only in the Vedic or Indian/Hindu astrology system.

it is something at just how many news outlets got that one wrong!!!!

rvegas007
Jan 16, 2011, 10:28 PM
I feel the same way as the other Leos that posted...I've always been a Leo and not gonna change now. Besides, I can just follow the "western" zodiac since I live in California...we're different in CA anyway :)

gfofbiguy
Jan 19, 2011, 11:22 PM
Saw this posted somewhere else, thought it was funny :bigrin: :