PDA

View Full Version : Alone

hypershot
Jun 2, 2005, 8:09 AM
Hey guys,

I just wanted to ask a question.

Since coming out, has anyone felt totally alone? All but one of my friends (that I see) are straight. I feel like I dont get along with anyone nemore. Even my family seem distant lately. Can i ask, is it just me, or are there others?

jo69guy
Jun 2, 2005, 8:54 AM
Coming out is difficult at best. I am not out to everyone I know, but family was a bit stunned. They were also a little "stand-offish" for awhile, but are now more accepting. My Dad I believe was hoping this was "just a phase", but now realizes it is part of me. This past Christmas,for the first time, he invited my partner to dinner, which was a big step on his part.

Just keep your chin up! I have been fortunate in that I have several friends who know, and are very supportive. Also, my little brother and older sister have been very accepting of my new lifestyle. I hope this helps a bit.

:2cents:

Lisa (va)
Jun 2, 2005, 12:03 PM
i've been open for quite awhile, but understand you get mixed responses from family and friends. Dad not to happy, mom not sure why both, but brother is fine with it. Think siblings are more apt to accept than anyone. But i also feel that this is just the way i am, i'm not out to impress anyone, you either accept (or overlook) or you don't, that's not my concern that is theirs. Just be patient and you will find a whole new group of friends that won't pass judgement, just be sure not to confuse concern with criticism, some folks take time to adjust.

hugs n kisses
Lisa

softfruit
Jun 2, 2005, 12:56 PM
Given your profile says you live in Yorkshire, maybe getting in touch with the Sheffield bi group might be an idea for meeting other bi's -- or (less immediate I know) going along to things like BiCon or the Manchester Bi Festival?

Some of the LG[BT] youth groups and suchlike might be suitable too - some of them are rubbish with bisexuals (our local one in Manchester notoriously so) - you won't know til you give them a whirl though.

hypershot
Jun 2, 2005, 5:06 PM
thanks everyone...i feel a bit better. Meeting all of you these last couple of days has really boosted my spirit.