PDA

View Full Version : WHY DO THEY DO THAT?

fpb09
Jan 4, 2011, 3:25 PM
That in itself is the question? Let me explain, people put up there profiles & put nothing on what they look 4 or what there into? THAT IS THE QUESTION? WHY? R THEY AH SHAME LOST OR CONFUSED? Throw a bone or something! lolPLASE ADD YOUR :2cents:! TY

darkeyes
Jan 4, 2011, 3:41 PM
It isnt compulsory... :) .. and if it was I doubt I'd be here.. ;) Its called choice sweetie.. :rolleyes:

bizel
Jan 4, 2011, 3:50 PM
personally,i would love to put more, like discreet photos etc. but the reason i contacted this site was to help my husband primarily, with his confusion, and get my head around his 'sudden' bisexuality (i didn't even know it existed or what it entailed - complete novice). he asked me to not tell anyone, but i had to talk to someone or go mad. i did advise him i was talking on a website, but discreetly. he doesn't mind this. but i have to respect his wishes as this is his journey and i'm only the sidekick.

for others, i imagine there are a hundred and one other reasons. not everyone is comfortable airing their private life. some like discretion or complete privacy. who know's who's reading these items? not just family, friends, co-workers. there are people who are less than nice who frequent this site. if you don't blurt out your private life to your neighbours and work mates, then why would you do it to an international audience in a manner that can be tracked down? just because people here are friendly, doesn't mean they are your friend. trust shouldn't be given freely on the internet, like in real life. yep, i'm cautious.

as for what we look like and are into - i'm assuming you mean from a 'sexual' , potential hook-up angle, i think the 'ad' word at the beginning is a little misleading. we need a space to place a 'want' ad, and a separate place to describe ourselves, and maybe why we're a member. not everyone here is looking for hook-ups, and some are, and some just want an internet chit-chat, social life. just my thoughts. hope it helps :)

fpb09
Jan 4, 2011, 4:24 PM
I don't do this out of anger just curius that's all ! TO ASK IS TO LEARN!

Diva667
Jan 4, 2011, 4:54 PM
Maybe their reasons for being here and having a profile aren't the same as yours?

Maybe they have a profile because people keep asking questions, and its easier to have someplace to direct them to.

Maybe they are just looking to hang out and the profile is an easy catch all place to store stuff that they want to show people.

But mostly they do it because they can. :bigrin:;)

fredtyg
Jan 4, 2011, 5:37 PM
Maybe their reasons for being here and having a profile aren't the same as yours?
:bigrin:;)

Yep. There are probably a lot of folks that just show up every now and then to read the discussions and aren't trying to find anyone. That, and all the people that are scared to death someone might find out they're bisexual so they only put the absolute minimum on their profile.

Hephaestion
Jan 5, 2011, 6:14 AM
personally,i would love to put more, like discreet photos etc........

Damn bizel! I am about to break my NYResolution on posting less. If that is your bum in the picture then please post more of it and in greater detail. I don't know whether it is jealousy or plain old 'admiration'.

Notice that you are in Queensland. Hope the floods are not a problem.

BfloBiFun
Jan 5, 2011, 12:19 PM
Most are just dreamers, fantasizers, Masturbate to the thoughts and photos of real profiles. I just love it when they demand more info, photos from you but give no info/photos of themselves lol . I do not waste my time replying to people with no info in their profile. BTW i agree with Hephaestion, lets see more of that sweet "bum" :tongue:

DuckiesDarling
Jan 5, 2011, 12:42 PM
Or maybe it's the simple fact of no matter what we put on our profiles people still think every person who signs up is looking for a hookup?

It gets to the point where it doesn't matter why you state why you are here or what you are looking for or even orientation. There are people on here that sadly do not read profiles and just blindly send private messages to people, some rather vulgar and others just flat out blatantly going here's my phone number if you want to hook up.

sweetandsour
Jan 5, 2011, 1:18 PM
Maybe "they" just dont want to plaster their faces, and or anything else all over the net. I dont have pics, personally because, it is what is inside that counts, i feel if someone cant be friendly and carry a conversation, who cares what they look like.

SJ37AndSteph
Jan 6, 2011, 2:35 PM
I have a pic on my profile but it is only of my face i do this now because if someone wants to know more they can ask me and i will send them other pics to there email. i use to post other pics but got tired of just being hit on because of my pics .. i would prefer the person or person's get to know the real me and not just the pictures of me. for most they prefer to stay hide do to families, wives, girlfriends, or even boyfriends which to me that is there choice to do so many have others that dont know due to there own reasoning which for me i am fine with. i also have noticed many don't really read ur profile many just got through ur pics just to see what u have . i myself read any and all profiles if there is a profile if there isnt a profile i just move on and if they happen to pop into chat and want to talk its all good to me . but i am just putting my 2 cents out there . :)

bigbadmax
Jan 6, 2011, 3:38 PM
It isnt compulsory... :) .. and if it was I doubt I'd be here.. ;) Its called choice sweetie.. :rolleyes:

To err is human, to forgive is divine.
Anonimity is one of the only free rights left in life.
Personal choice is exactly what it says it is.
Bbm

Annika L
Jan 6, 2011, 3:58 PM
That in itself is the question? Let me explain, people put up there profiles & put nothing on what they look 4 or what there into? THAT IS THE QUESTION? WHY? R THEY AH SHAME LOST OR CONFUSED? Throw a bone or something! lolPLASE ADD YOUR :2cents:! TY

*tosses fpb a bone*

I believe my profile (yea even sans pictures and physical description) tells far more about me than yours does about you, and also indicates a good deal less shame, lostness, and confusion.

Why did I do it? Well to annoy you, of course, silly! And as a kind of intelligence test. Works pretty well, actually.

celticmagic
Jan 6, 2011, 7:31 PM
I agree with you...
Look, for exemple the add/profiles of "STEFFN" and
"CHRIS 1209". What those guys are tryng to say or do?

Cherokee_Mountaincat
Jan 6, 2011, 7:35 PM
Not everyone feels the need to have their faces on a profile, like S&S stated. Some folks need that discretion, orthers do not. I Do go check out profiles to see what the person has to Say over seeing a pic of a cock or pussy. Booorrring...:rolleyes:
And you'll note that a great many of our trolls have very little on their profiles.
But, not everybody Has to have a pic or a big long essay, but it IS nice to have something that might get someone interested in them, or that denotes some kind of common interest(s) Just sayin...:}
Cat

celticmagic
Jan 6, 2011, 7:44 PM
Why They do this? Look, as an exemple the add/profiles of those guys: "STEFFN" and "CHRIS1209". What are the
point or statement those guys want to make? It is a waste os the site time and resources, and an insult to the rest of us. Hope my opinion have given you some solace.
My best regards.

celticmagic
Jan 6, 2011, 7:51 PM
Most are just dreamers, fantasizers, Masturbate to the thoughts and photos of real profiles. I just love it when they demand more info, photos from you but give no info/photos of themselves lol . I do not waste my time replying to people with no info in their profile. BTW i agree with Hephaestion, lets see more of that sweet "bum" :tongue:
Right on! I have had the same experience over and over!
Those loosers just initiate contact, and then when we are close to an actual meeting, they just back off. Just like you said:
Dreamers and fantasyzers. All they wanted, was just to go to the bathroom and jerk off at my expenses.

BiJoe696
Jan 6, 2011, 8:10 PM
Profiles and ads do work. It is how my wife and I met over 25 years ago. It was posting an ad in Swing Mag that hooked us up. The ad had a photo and a good description of what was being looked for. Back then you sent an ad into the mag, then waited for it to be published perhaps in a couple months or more in the future, then waited a couple weeks or more for a reply. Then you had to send reply into the Mag's office with a few bucks and they would send on the the one running the ad.

My , how times have changed, but stayed the same in lots of ways. About 50% of the ads had no photos, and not much of a description of what they were looking for. We still run an ad, and with pics, and I guess 70% of the replies we get to our ads have no photo and a very limited profile. But they always get a polite thanks, but no thanks from us. Have found that most people in getting a reply to their ads seldom even send that type of reply when contacted. Everyone can do what they want its up to them, just IMHO if you are looking to actually meet others at least tell something about yourself and what you are looking for. Anyway, have fun whatever you do. Don't let others upset you. Who cares anyway? Keep looking around you might get as lucky as I did !;)

:bipride::wiggle2::grouphug::bounce:

Bigguy90035
Jan 6, 2011, 8:31 PM
I'm not looking to hook up, I just want information. If and when I start checking the personals or make personal contacts, I'll post.

Loveinlife
Jan 6, 2011, 9:54 PM
I have to agree with Bigguy, I would put up more information if I was looking for someone. Your profile defines it a as a personal add so I just never put anything up.

TrimBeardHairyBod
Jan 7, 2011, 7:11 PM
And then there are the folk who have never learned this most simple of life's lessons; namely, that minimum effort begets minimum benefit.

justlooking222
Jan 8, 2011, 9:41 AM
there could be a number of reasons:

1. they could be a police officer monitoring the site
2. they might be an administrator monitoring the site
3. they may not be looking for anything specific

my stance is that I am not here for anyone's "entertainment", just to observe, consider the possibilities and see who posts the most ignorant comments, in order that I can ignore them in both the forums AND the chatroom :bigrin: ... not that I chat a lot, if at all.

bizel
Jan 8, 2011, 8:27 PM
there could be a number of reasons:

1. they could be a police officer monitoring the site
2. they might be an administrator monitoring the site
3. they may not be looking for anything specific

my stance is that I am not here for anyone's "entertainment", just to observe, consider the possibilities and see who posts the most ignorant comments, in order that I can ignore them in both the forums AND the chatroom :bigrin: ... not that I chat a lot, if at all.

are you serious? why would police monitor this site? being 'bi' isn't illegal. don't they have better things to do, dangerous low-lifes to catch? i thought we were sort-of self-monitoring. i've seen comments deleted by drew. and when not, people who disagree come out almost swinging - sometimes deservedly so. i never would have thought police would need involving here, unless they are bi themselves. if this is you (not you, justlooking), mr policeman, welcome. you are amongst friends here. uniforms and handcuffs most welcome (I would imagine - lol).

DuckiesDarling
Jan 8, 2011, 9:11 PM
Well Bizel, you haven't really seen some of the the ummm shall we say downright illegal shit that gets posted til Drew gets around to removing it. We have very clear posting rules but we do have some that ignore them. At times we also have kids coming in just to start trouble not because they are looking for answers. Normally in the winter for you, summer for us. School is out and some people have nothing better to do that be idiots.

tenni
Jan 8, 2011, 11:41 PM
Post 24
"We"....????

DD
How many shares do you own in this site?

You seem a little over possessive there DD, doncha think?

As far as the OP, I agree with most but I do check someone who has posted in the forum to see what their profile states. It helps me understand a bit more about their thoughts. When someone doesn't even identify whether they are a bisexual or location, it seems a bit strange to read a lot of opinions from them?

DuckiesDarling
Jan 8, 2011, 11:49 PM
We as in the community, Tenni. The community you don't want to admit exists because then you'd have to admit that you are wrong. Have a nice day :)

runwildtonight
Jan 9, 2011, 2:54 AM
:2cents:My number one reason for coming here is community. I have few bi friends, and none who live in the area and none who are male. So coming here fullfills part of that. Sure I'd like to "hook-up" with someone here one day but its not a priority and am fine if it never materializes. Especially since I don't go replying to ads or talking on chat (couple times, but not sexually). Damn I'm shy sometimes. I don't want to post pics but have no prob sending non-nude pics to folks I talk to whether Im interested in "hooking up" or not, just to see who each other is.

tenni
Jan 9, 2011, 11:05 AM
We as in the community, Tenni. The community you don't want to admit exists because then you'd have to admit that you are wrong. Have a nice day :)

Well, as I could expect from you DD.

No, you are not representing this site (or community if you wish). Drew did not assign you to post on behalf of the members. You are rather self centred to think that you do. Post using the word "I" if you don't mind rather than "we".

Brian
Jan 9, 2011, 7:29 PM
test test

wrbi01
Jan 10, 2011, 12:38 AM
I guess one of the reasons I have not posted is I am still kinda well... taken back by the whole thing. As a Bi man who has just finally started announcing to people that he is bi im getting use to it. The fear of being "found out" still exists for me... but it has only been a month. I do hope to fill out all the info soon as I can grow the balls to do so... (no pun entended). :yinyang:

**Peg**
Jan 10, 2011, 12:07 PM
are you serious? why would police monitor this site?

I agree with 'justlooking' bizel.

I've been chatting for a LONG time, in many rooms at many sites, and my experience has been that a number of them are visited, fairly regularly, by people into illegal pursuits, including, but not limited to pedophilia and animal sex. IMO there is NOTHING lower than a predatory pedophile. It happens too often.

DD is correct about the kids being here as well, under 18 is illegal, some of them LIE *rolls eyes* and say they are older. Some of THEM could be police trying to lure pedophiles... it's in the papers every now and then. It happens everywhere, and all too often.

So, IF the police monitor this site (and I'm sure they DO) you can be certain it's for a very good legal reason.

:2cents:

Peg

Long Duck Dong
Jan 10, 2011, 9:21 PM
Well, as I could expect from you DD.

No, you are not representing this site (or community if you wish). Drew did not assign you to post on behalf of the members. You are rather self centred to think that you do. Post using the word "I" if you don't mind rather than "we".

guess you need to read up on the definition of community..... and a spokesperson is appointed........

the terminology was used in the context of community as in diverse, multi cultural, multi race, multi denominational, multi belief, multi sexual identity..... and was used in the context of * on behalf of * IE all the members

drew has never stated the exact nature of the site other than the forum rules......

I notice that you are quick to put yourself out there as a * spokesperson * about the nature of the site and what its for...... so as a bisexual as part of bisexual.com, speaking to another bisexual.... do me a favour and make it clear to people that you do not speak for the site or other bisexuals when you spew crap about who is welcome here.... cos its YOUR opinion.... its not a shared opinion except when its trolls and shit stirrers spewing their crap.......
cos they are generally the only other ones stating that some people should not be here......

even the anti troll crew just say for people to ignore the trolls..... they do not preach a * bisexual trolls are welcome but other sexuality trolls should respect the fact that this is a bisexual site and so should be less vocal *

think about it

bib4u
Jun 17, 2011, 2:57 PM
Some folks are just too lazy.

Many are paranoid about putting too much on-line...ask recent congressman Weiner, etc...

Ask the person that has been fired from their job because of something they put on-line...

Hint: if you tell someone a "secret", its not secret anymore...

Improving the world through GLBT y'all...

wrbi01
Jun 18, 2011, 10:26 AM

I agree with this... I know that for 20 years I spent time looking at pictures and hiding the way I am just to get a nut off thinking the way I wanted to think. Now that Im, for the most part, out I have added more information to my profile and added more pictures to get more attention although I have not gotten many responces at least its out there. I personally still have some "nerves" about meeting with my first guy but I want it to be the right one. I dont send pointless e-mails vulger or not to anyone but expecially to those without information.

And I would like to 3rd that vote for more of that cute little ass ;)

wrbi01
Jun 18, 2011, 10:29 AM
There are people on here that sadly do not read profiles and just blindly send private messages to people, some rather vulgar and others just flat out blatantly going here's my phone number if you want to hook up.

You get vulgar message?!? I *NEVER* get vulgar message... I want vulgar messages... with pics :bigrin:

hgf33
Jun 20, 2011, 12:18 AM
I have a pretty extensive and detailed profile, with quite a few pictures of what I look like... and I still don't get results. Kudos to all the bisexual men out there, but my problem is that there just aren't enough women on this site, and there certainly aren't any near me!! And I KNOW there are a lot more bisexual women out there than are on this site! Come out, come out, wherever you are! ;-) Hehe

Bisexual Explorer
Jun 20, 2011, 9:50 AM
Profiles mirror the reason people join and their level of comfort about telling the world about themselves. I have changed my profile and my i.d. starting out very reticent and becoming progressively more open as I decided I wanted to meet playmates (has worked pretty well, I must say). This flexibility gave me the room I needed to grow. We all have to keep reminding ourselves that bisexaul.com is an open community and (supposedly) accepting community.

g